Fantastic Member

Default Krillin (DBS) vs. Android 17 (Cell Saga)

Krillin (DBS) vs. Android 17 (Cell Saga). Who wins?

Depending on the when in DBS, Krillin could take it. As DBS takes place over several years. Early Super, I give it to 17. TOP Super, Krillin has some new tricks up his sleeve.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Depending on the when in DBS, Krillin could take it. As DBS takes place over several years. Early Super, I give it to 17. TOP Super, Krillin has some new tricks up his sleeve.
    I don't think kicking a shoe onto 17's nose will do anything, and unless flight is disabled Krillin won't be able to saw through the floor for a DQ.

One supposes the Taiyoken/Kienzan combination is feasible, but this leaves the question of stats and general powerlevel to compare the two, and I'm not really comfortable saying Super-era Krillin is concretely strong enough to hang with #17 or others around the SSJ level.

His most outstanding feats, to me, are outwitting Gohan, and getting into a beam struggle with SSJB Goku, but there are big asterixes next to these. In the first case, Gohan had a combination of ring-rust, being demonstrably weaker than he was in Z and, completely underestimated Krillin to the point of holding back despite the former. In the second, SSJB is not entirely a raw powerup when it manifests, its main advantage being control, stamina, and its overall higher threshold. If Goku was putting his all into that kamehameha, it simply doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post

His most outstanding feats, to me, are outwitting Gohan, and getting into a beam struggle with SSJB Goku, but there are big asterixes next to these. In the first case, Gohan had a combination of ring-rust, being demonstrably weaker than he was in Z and, completely underestimated Krillin to the point of holding back despite the former. In the second, SSJB is not entirely a raw powerup when it manifests, its main advantage being control, stamina, and its overall higher threshold. If Goku was putting his all into that kamehameha, it simply doesn't make sense.
    Agreed. I kind of equate the beam struggle as kind of like a full grown adult playfully rough housing, or even having a mock arm wrestling match with a child. Clearly you don't want to go all out as a full grown adult against a kid, but restraining yourself while testing the kid's limits also takes a good degree of control yourself, too.

Unless you're Vegeta going up against Future Trunks and boy howdy, that's some parental immaturity right there.

Mighty Member

Super 18 should destroy Z 17, and Krillin trains with her, but i find it hard to say how strong Krillin truly is in Super.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Agreed. I kind of equate the beam struggle as kind of like a full grown adult playfully rough housing, or even having a mock arm wrestling match with a child. Clearly you don't want to go all out as a full grown adult against a kid, but restraining yourself while testing the kid's limits also takes a good degree of control yourself, too.

Unless you're Vegeta going up against Future Trunks and boy howdy, that's some parental immaturity right there.
    Actually, that's accurate. The writers of Super stated that Goku was holding back on Krillin, 17 and Gohan to gauge their current skill level for the Tournament and used SSB because it gives him absolute control over his ki.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    I don't think kicking a shoe onto 17's nose will do anything, and unless flight is disabled Krillin won't be able to saw through the floor for a DQ.

One supposes the Taiyoken/Kienzan combination is feasible, but this leaves the question of stats and general powerlevel to compare the two, and I'm not really comfortable saying Super-era Krillin is concretely strong enough to hang with #17 or others around the SSJ level.

His most outstanding feats, to me, are outwitting Gohan, and getting into a beam struggle with SSJB Goku, but there are big asterixes next to these. In the first case, Gohan had a combination of ring-rust, being demonstrably weaker than he was in Z and, completely underestimated Krillin to the point of holding back despite the former.
    Plus, I think Gohan was distracted by Krillins kid being there.

In the second, SSJB is not entirely a raw powerup when it manifests, its main advantage being control, stamina, and its overall higher threshold. If Goku was putting his all into that kamehameha, it simply doesn't make sense.
    While you are correct with all of this, it should be noted that SSB is indeed a raw power up as well as what you have explained. Gokus fights with Frieza, Jiren, and Kefla showed that the boost in power that SSB gives on top of SSG is equivalent to the boost given by SSJ1 or SSJ2 on top of their base.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Actually, that's accurate. The writers of Super stated that Goku was holding back on Krillin, 17 and Gohan to gauge their current skill level for the Tournament and used SSB because it gives him absolute control over his ki.
    Really? There is an actual interview? That's cool, may I have a link please?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral