Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Was Clark a fully developed person when they met him?
    well,silverage superman had perfect recall.So,he was.He just needed a place to grow and people to love.He just need to adapt human customs and america.Max fliescher superman wasn't raised by kents.He was raised in an orphanage.Radioshow superman got to earth as an adult.He was essentially shown around the town by jimmy.And superman was originally just supposed to be taken to an orphanage motorcyclist.
    Finally,dude!this question being asked by op means that there is an inherent belief among casuals that superman can't tie his shoes without the kents.I mean,it has got to a point where he needs his wife alive to keep him from going "injustice" and keep him "grounded".
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    People aren't just born helpful and altruistic.
    what literature do you have to back that claim?That there is'nt a genetic and biological component to morality,societal structure and altruism in general.And coming from snyder superman fan is funny.Superman is a product of chance and choice.Not sociological and societal programming by his parents.
    "Artificial population control was established. The outposts and space exploration were abandoned. We exhausted our natural resources. As a result, our planet's core became unstable. Eventually, our military leader, General Zod, attempted a coup, but by then it was too late. Your mother and I foresaw the coming calamity and we took certain steps to ensure your survival. This is a genesis chamber. All Kryptonians were conceived in chambers such as this. Every child was designed to perform a predetermined role in our society as a worker, a warrior, a leader, and so on. Your mother and I believed Krypton lost something precious, the element of choice, of chance. What if a child dreamed of becoming something other than what society had intended? What if a child aspired to something greater? You were the embodiment of that belief Kal. Krypton's first natural birth in centuries. That's why we risked so much to save you."
    Even if you are right,clark is an alien.Heck!someone on this very forum said to me that might be the reason siegel and shuster decided to make him alien.That he would be good with power.He doesn't have to play by our rules.
    Finally,superman is about there being inherent good in people.Yet,you are saying otherwise.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 11-26-2020 at 02:57 AM.