All-New Member

Default The Death of Superman: The Wake Comic

Hi!

Just wondering would someone be able to help me.

My boyfriend has The Death of Superman: The Wake comic and I was going to buy him another comic for Christmas and just wondering if there is one that comes after this comic or what comic would you recommend?

He's a big Superman fan!

Thanks,
    Elaine!
    Last edited by elaine; 11-16-2020 at 09:39 AM.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

This one's tricky because it's based on the animated movies which (SPOILER!) the most recent movie undid that entire universe. So, no, there isn't a follow up to it.
    Assassinate Putin!

That comic takes place between the Death of Superman and Reign of the Supermen movies, so if your bf enjoyed it maybe get him those? Otherwise no I don’t think there was any comic follow ups to that specific comic, which does strike me as a missed opportunity now that I think about it.

As others have said, that was a tie in to the Death and Return of Superman animated movies. So that'd be one place to start. But if he liked Wake, you may want to check out the original comics it was based off. The Death of Superman, Funeral for a Friend, and Reign of the Supermen. The writer of the Wake comic, Louise Simpson, was one of the writers on those comics as well, so stylistically they are pretty consistent. A lot more going on in those comics than the more straightforward Wake and the movies, but still generally a solid self contained set of books.

Incredible Member

companion piece to the death of superman is the day of doom mini series during the anniversary of the event.

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=442731