Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    I've never played this game, but how does the planet
    survive fights between these beings? If a bad guy is about to lose, why doesn't he just destroy the planet as a giant middle finger?
    The game designer has gone on record as stating people around level 18 or so would be potential planet busters; anything higher, no problem, easy.

One reason the planet doesn’t get squished, is that these guys don’t fight often, fight each other less-often, and when they do they’re hitting each other, not the planet.

Also, outside of two characters, the most potent people work for Imperium, the nebulous organization in the shadows (incompetently) overseeing everything. Ie, the guys Noldere is talking about.

But the game is pretty high powered; at level 4, my character in Siriel’s game had a Dominion Technique mastered that could - and did - annihilate a swathe of an army. Had the army been grouped, and not surrounding a city, she might have got them all. Granted, she’s somewhat of an outlier, but not THAT big of one.

On the Anima forum, someone asked ‘If Kisidan and Nerelus (two of the most powerful ‘normal’ name level people, who are nonetheless only level 14) fought, who would lose?’

Official answer was ’The country in which they fought.’
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 11-18-2020 at 10:53 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Yeah, Kisidan, Nerelas and Kagami are all army-enders.

Then you’ve got the oddities like Lucanor and Schwarzwald, with whom you’re not quite sure what you’re facing (but in Lucanor’s case, whatever it was, it was exactly what he’d planned all along).

But all of those guys look at the likes of Eljared, Nemesis and Lazarus and just soil themselves. Eljared (allegedly) wrecked an entire country without breaking sweat just because she felt slighted by them.

Getting one step ahead of where the OP might take this thread, the rest of the Immortal Weapons show up during this rumble, along with Karnak. They stand in a diagonal row so that we can all see their faces in profile as fast punches from Val mow them down like grass.

Actually John Aman might beat Val, but only if we let him start the fight in mist form.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Getting one step ahead of where the OP might take this thread, the rest of the Immortal Weapons show up during this rumble, along with Karnak. They stand in a diagonal row so that we can all see their faces in profile as fast punches from Val mow them down like grass.

Actually John Aman might beat Val, but only if we let him start the fight in mist form.
    Until he busts out his 30th Century technique of "Fart Waving" and disperses John Aman's molecules, killing him.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Until he busts out his 30th Century technique of "Fart Waving" and disperses John Aman's molecules, killing him.
    And before anyone starts trying to press Pen’s rant button, throwing thousands of spiders at Val won’t help either.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    And before anyone starts trying to press Pen’s rant button, throwing thousands of spiders at Val won’t help either.
    But we can't really be sure unless we try.

Spectacular Member

Guess this is a curb stomp though that wasn't my intention here. Sorry about that! Was honestly trying to build a team that had a chance vs Val. I guess my mistake was not including Sharp's wife but that probably would have been a curb stomp the other way. Ok, quick bonus scenario; what if Val got the Shockers equipment? Does it benefits him or is he so damned good that he's better off without?

Spectacular Member

*please ignore this*
    Last edited by Tanrage; 11-18-2020 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanrage View Post
    Guess this is a curb stomp though that wasn't my intention here. Sorry about that! Was honestly trying to build a team that had a chance vs Val. I guess my mistake was not including Sharp's wife but that probably would have been a curb stomp the other way. Ok, quick bonus scenario; what if Val got the Shockers equipment? Does it benefits him or is he so damned good that he's better off without?
    Oh, if you’d have included Sharp’s wife, that’s a different story.

Yeah, Kisidan, Nerelas and Kagami are all army-enders.
    You're actually downplaying them considerably. ^_^ I mean, sure, they're army-enders, but that's kind of like saying 'A nuclear bomb is an explosive' - technically true, but doesn't really describe the magnitude. The basic 'army-ender' starts at around Level 8 for a 'small army', according to WoG. And that matches up pretty well with what I've seen - my tabletop group runs around level 8, and while some of them (without area attacks) would find killing off a small army a boring slog, there are at least three of the core group who could manage wiping out a small army fairly quickly (and one character who couldn't beat a small army on her best day, but Prowlers are the least combat-capable of all classes). Levels 10-12 are generally considered to be 'annihilates large army' area.

Kisidan, Nerelas, and Kagome are around level 14. Plus they have level modifiers due to special powers or, in Nerelas' case, stupid amounts of Elan. Plus all three are of the 'more destructive' classes (two Warlocks, one Technician). Plus they're rather tricked out (Kisidan has a powerful soul weapon, Kagome also has one as well as Patriarch-level Jürganeth armor - I think, hopefully it's Jürganeth armor and not one of their mecha, will need to check Gaia II - and Nerelas is running around with one of the Pillars of Souls).

And they're still essentially fodder against a Jürgand Patriarch. Or the characters you list, below.

But all of those guys look at the likes of Eljared, Nemesis and Lazarus and just soil themselves. Eljared (allegedly) wrecked an entire country without breaking sweat just because she felt slighted by them.
    Nemesis and Lazarus are two contenders for being Level 18-19, and thus edging into the planet-busting range (and have disgusting amount of Gnosis to boot). Eljared is likely in that area herself, though potentially a touch weaker than them. Imperium allegedly has a level 20 in its ranks somewhere - ugh, obviously a top Jürgand Patriarch - and there's one more level 20 wandering around. Based on the description, I would guess it would be Bringreus - the Noth Messenger.

Though keep in mind that if you're talking about Remo, Eljared didn't actually destroy that country herself - she had the Empire do that for her. I mean, she COULD have, but wanted to set up a situation, which required Remo getting burned to the ground by the Empire, not herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanrage View Post
    I guess my mistake was not including Sharp's wife but that probably would have been a curb stomp the other way.
    Oh, if you’d have included Sharp’s wife, that’s a different story.
    We'd just have Val over for coffee. ^_^
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 11-18-2020 at 06:37 PM.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Though keep in mind that if you're talking about Remo, Eljared didn't actually destroy that country herself - she had the Empire do that for her. I mean, she COULD have, but wanted to set up a situation, which required Remo getting burned to the ground by the Empire, not herself.
    My mistake - it’s been a while since I read the lore.

My mistake - it’s been a while since I read the lore.
    It has been some time for me as well. ^_^ I needed to look up one or two things before writing.
    Why are we here?

One Marvel contender I think everyone forgot about is..................Onslaught, the Shi'ar Imperial Guard Member who is supposed to be the DC Analog of Karate Kid.

If so, would he not be equal? Or are Marvel characters, even those designed to be analogs of the Decent Competition, not as strong/powerful as the DC Characters themselves?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    One Marvel contender I think everyone forgot about is..................Onslaught, the Shi'ar Imperial Guard Member who is supposed to be the DC Analog of Karate Kid.

If so, would he not be equal? Or are Marvel characters, even those designed to be analogs of the Decent Competition, not as strong/powerful as the DC Characters themselves?
    While he may have been presented as a Marvel counterpart to Val, he still needs his own feats to hang with the Karate Kid.

What feats does he have?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post

Each character is judged based on their own merits. There’s no real gap between Marvel and DC characters, but there are certain trends (Marvel has more mid-level heroes that operate on the streets compared to DC’s lower-powered street-level guys, DC has more superspeed bricks, Marvel has more telepaths etc.).

Most importantly though, characters are based on their feats.

I’ve never heard of this Imperial Guard Onslaught character (just the dumb-as-pudding reality warper formed from Xavier, Magneto, Nate Grey & Franklin).

What feats does this guy have? Or is it basically presentation only?

But unless he has feats of tangling with Gladiator on skill alone, he’s probably just fluff in the conversation.