Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

"thank you for the nice warm up. now please wake me when my real opponents arrive."

I stand corrected. Midnight Sun doesn’t rock a trenchcoat. It’s a grey cape with a big ole popped collar. And he works it.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I stand corrected. Midnight Sun doesn’t rock a trenchcoat. It’s a grey cape with a big ole popped collar. And he works it.
    And I was wrong about the Contemplator. Apparently Cap'n Reptyl chomped the brain of a skrull impersonating the Contemplator. Jeez, even older Marvel continuity is complex.

Spectacular Member

I meant in the sense she's not out of place among them or at least not an actual superhuman statewide

Pre-crisis characters had wacky power levels. They'll most aleays win over non Pre Crisis characters. Every other version of Karate kid probably couldn't even beat Mandarin.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    Pre-crisis characters had wacky power levels. They'll most aleays win over non Pre Crisis characters. Every other version of Karate kid probably couldn't even beat Mandarin.
    Even with the Crisis switchover being a bit screwy with Legion generally, I don't think this is true.

Outside of the Rings, Mandarin does not consistently have the stats to hang with Val in most incarnations.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanrage View Post
    I meant in the sense she's not out of place among them or at least not an actual superhuman statewide
    She knocked Thor out with pressure points, I think.

That puts her squarely in the ‘Out of Place Among CBPHers’ crowd.

It puts her out of the league of Danny and Shang, who are both out of the league of CBPHers.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    I always thought the rule of thumb was every iteration of Val could fight his contempary version of Superboy tto a standstill, if that's true I think any Val could handle mandrin.

Spectacular Member

It puts her out of the league of Danny and Shang, who are both out of the league of CBPHers.
    She's in the crowd of being within what's considered normal possible human stats or just over them though, just like Val.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Even with the Crisis switchover being a bit screwy with Legion generally, I don't think this is true.

Outside of the Rings, Mandarin does not consistently have the stats to hang with Val in most incarnations.
    I always thought the rule of thumb was every iteration of Val could fight his contempary version of Superboy tto a standstill, if that's true I think any Val could handle mandrin.
    Tend to agree with the above myself, though most of the time Val fighting Superboy to a standstill ended up with '...then Superboy got serious.' Even so, his feats general place him well-above Mandarin's head.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Yup:

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Yup:
    In addition, I believe Mantis also threw over her head the entire Avengers team of Scarlet Witch, Black Panther, Cap, Iron Man and Thor.

She's in the crowd of being within what's considered normal possible human stats or just over them though, just like Val.
    Ah, yeah. In that sense, technically, yeah.

She’s quite Vargas-like in her peakiness.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

She also does stuff that exceeds bullet-timing and gets into low-level speedster, like 'run across a large distance to shove someone out of the way of a shotgun blast, after the shotgun is fired', or so I'm told. So....
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    She also does stuff that exceeds bullet-timing and gets into low-level speedster, like 'run across a large distance to shove someone out of the way of a shotgun blast, after the shotgun is fired', or so I'm told. So....
    Yeah, which is what I think we’re getting into. She’s supposedly somehow human level stats... but not. At all.