Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    While he may have been presented as a Marvel counterpart to Val, he still needs his own feats to hang with the Karate Kid.

What feats does he have?
    Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Each character is judged based on their own merits. There’s no real gap between Marvel and DC characters, but there are certain trends (Marvel has more mid-level heroes that operate on the streets compared to DC’s lower-powered street-level guys, DC has more superspeed bricks, Marvel has more telepaths etc.).

Most importantly though, characters are based on their feats.

I’ve never heard of this Imperial Guard Onslaught character (just the dumb-as-pudding reality warper formed from Xavier, Magneto, Nate Grey & Franklin).

What feats does this guy have? Or is it basically presentation only?

But unless he has feats of tangling with Gladiator on skill alone, he’s probably just fluff in the conversation.
    Sorry, do not know of any feats of Onslaught. I think he appeared about 1990 before that other Marvel Onslaught. I do not think he ever fought Gladiator.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Sorry, do not know of any feats of Onslaught. I think he appeared about 1990 before that other Marvel Onslaught. I do not think he ever fought Gladiator.
    All I can find of him was that he fought Quasar once. Couldn't find the details though.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    One Marvel contender I think everyone forgot about is..................Onslaught, the Shi'ar Imperial Guard Member who is supposed to be the DC Analog of Karate Kid.

If so, would he not be equal? Or are Marvel characters, even those designed to be analogs of the Decent Competition, not as strong/powerful as the DC Characters themselves?
    The Imperial Guard was originally presented as a weak imitation of the Legion of Super-Heroes, in X-Men #107. For example, Gladiator was taken out by a few energy blasts from sidearms wielded by the Starjammers. The idea that Cyclops, Storm, Wolverine, Colossus, Nightcrawler, and Banshee could beat the real Legion is preposterous, as an initital speed blitz by multiple Legionnaires would easily end the fight.

Onslaught of the Imperial Guard only appeared once ever, in Quasar #33, one of several issues that I skipped while following the Galactic Storm crossover. He was part of a team of Imperial Guardsmen who fought Quasar. Since the fight ended with Quasar getting teleported away, it doesn't sound like a super-fast martial artist was decisive in the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Even the weakest post crisis Version of Val, the Mark Waid Val, can shatter 80,000 tons of ice without damaging the Sydney Opera House underneath it with a single strike, and amp his speeds up to Kryptonian levels.
    I temember the ice thingz but not him amping to krpytonian levels. I'm guessing he dodged one or something, though unless they were expllictly using superspeed I'd be weary. Didn't threeboot fight and beat batman while handicapped?

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

It was explicit - he was literally focusing on his speed to match Ultraboy’s super speed (Kryptonian level). Shown and stated.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    It was explicit - he was literally focusing on his speed to match Ultraboy’s super speed (Kryptonian level). Shown and stated.
    Yeah the only asterisk on it is that he needs to conciously dial his perception speed up and down, but he was literally talking and casually moving around in "everyone else is a statue mode" when he was dialed up.

In rumbles that means he can't blitz as fast, but shouldn't really need to here.

https://m.imgur.com/a/ESyP6
    Last edited by Captain Morgan; 11-21-2020 at 09:42 PM.