• Steve Orlando

1 1.32%
  • G. Willow Wilson

0 0%
  • Other

1 1.32%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The I.A.D.C. View Post
    The poll skips from Denny O’Neil to George Perez???
    Apologies to Martin Pasko, Gerry Conway, Jack C. Harris, Roy Thomas, Dan Mishkin and Kurt Busiek.
    I feel cheated that we didn't get a Kurt Busiek (and Warren Ellis) run with the proper trappings

I lile Kurt Busiek, but I've never heard him talk about Wonder Woman in an interesting way. Has anyone read his trinity mini? How does he write Diana?
    I'm curious about his story in the 80th anniversary precisely for that reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I lile Kurt Busiek, but I've never heard him talk about Wonder Woman in an interesting way. Has anyone read his trinity mini? How does he write Diana?
    I'm not doing a story in the anniversary special. I'm doing one in the BLACK & GOLD mini.

But I hope people enjoy it, anyway!

kdb
    Visit www.busiek.com—for all your Busiek needs!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Busiek View Post
    I'm not doing a story in the anniversary special. I'm doing one in the BLACK & GOLD mini.

But I hope people enjoy it, anyway!

kdb
    Ah damn, my confusion. Still interested to read it.

Spectacular Member

I haven't ready the Trinity mini, but his "Legend of Wonder Woman" mini from '86 with Trina Robbins is a vastly underrated classic!

You can check out some of his thoughts here and in the weekly series TRINITY.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

BTW, the Trinity "mini" people are referring to was 52 issues long...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    You can check out some of his thoughts here and in the weekly series TRINITY.
    Yeah I had already read that interview with Kurt Busiek. I was disappointed because I totally disliked the importance he would give to greek mythology if he had a run on her. That's easily what we need less of. The rest of her world is what needs more development.

I do think his description of Diana herself is quite apt. The idea that amazons compete with themselves, not with each other. And it's why I think the contest shouldn't be about choosing a champion, it should be about testing Diana herself to see if she's ready to go out and use her enormous strength to improve the world.

He also seems to describe her idea of peace the way I would. Diana is like a chivalrous knight in some ways. The amazon ideals of peace are what embolden her, not what define her. Her training taught her how to dominate, and she has an inner drive to invest in others, but a certain type of creators seem to write Diana as her ideals, which is something I find unhuman. It seems like Kurt tries to avoid that unhuman approach.
    Last edited by Alpha; 08-07-2021 at 01:50 AM.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

I keep hearing people say kurt busier did a good job with WW's character. His idea of WW being an ambassador for peace in the sense she tries to inspire people to stand up for themselves. So nobody would be a prey because they would all have the strength to defend themselves. That is something i like.

But when did he ever show WW as being on par with SM power wise? He says he thinks she is on par. But when on trinity was that shown with actual evidence?

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post

But when did he ever show WW as being on par with SM power wise? He says he thinks she is on par. But when on trinity was that shown with actual evidence?

"And their battle rocked the heavens and the earth"

Does this answer your question Mystical41?
    Last edited by Alpha; 08-06-2021 at 11:57 PM.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

"And their battle rocked the heavens and the earth"

Does this answer your question Mystical41?
    I think so. Thank you.

I think so. Thank you.
    She won that fight too, if I believe correctly.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

I keep hearing people say kurt busier did a good job with WW's character. His idea of WW being an ambassador for peace in the sense she tries to inspire people to stand up for themselves. So nobody would be a prey because they would all have the strength to defend themselves. That is something i like.

You can see that in any of his work on the character going all the way back to his Pre-Crisis JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA issue 231. In that story the villain catalogues the Leaguers. "The Wonder Woman...strength and stamina that rival those of the two Super beings. She also possesses mystic weaponry."

The super beings were Superman and Supergirl. Kurt has never had a problem with WW's deal and has written her exceedingly well each time. He also seems quite cognizant of Marston's design elements for the character.

Incredible Member

Perez (the right answer :-) creeping up there. Only 1 behind Rucka now!

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    Perez (the right answer :-) creeping up there. Only 1 behind Rucka now!
    Have to say I'm more interested in the current fourth place four-way tie between Loebs, Jimenez, Simone, and Azzarello atm.
    Last edited by Gaius; 08-07-2021 at 05:33 AM.