View Poll Results: Who is the best Wonder Woman writer

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • William Marston

    7 13.73%
  • Robert Kanigher

    0 0%
  • Dennis O'Neil

    0 0%
  • George Perez

    14 27.45%
  • William Messner-Loebs

    1 1.96%
  • John Byrne

    0 0%
  • Phil Jimenez

    4 7.84%
  • Greg Rucka

    18 35.29%
  • Gail Simone

    3 5.88%
  • Brian Azzaerllo

    4 7.84%
  • Meredith Finch

    0 0%
  • James Robinson

    0 0%
  • Steve Orlando

    0 0%
  • G. Willow Wilson

    0 0%
  • Other

    0 0%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 53 of 53
  1. #46
    Astonishing Member Gaius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    3,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I don't think that strictly makes a run better, but I do quite enjoy that kind of writing. The main reason his runs haven't been a priority is that I didn't like The Hiketeia very much. Obviously a proper run on a character is different to a graphic novel and his runs are still very much on my list, although increasingly of interest. I think I'll grab them once I've finished the GA omnibus'.
    Rucka said in interviews he was looking to explore different stuff with Diana than he did with The Hiketeia, so I'd say it's still worth checking out if you weren't so big on it.

  2. #47
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    26,243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I don't think that strictly makes a run better, but I do quite enjoy that kind of writing. The main reason his runs haven't been a priority is that I didn't like The Hiketeia very much. Obviously a proper run on a character is different to a graphic novel and his runs are still very much on my list, although increasingly of interest. I think I'll grab them once I've finished the GA omnibus'.
    Out of curiosity why didn't you like the Hiketeia?

  3. #48
    Mighty Member Enigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Rucka said in interviews he was looking to explore different stuff with Diana than he did with The Hiketeia, so I'd say it's still worth checking out if you weren't so big on it.
    Oh, good to hear



    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Out of curiosity why didn't you like the Hiketeia?
    I can't remember the specifics, but there was something about the use of the Hiketeia that felt to me like it didn't work. I think it was that it felt like her enemies could just entrap her so easily by using it that she would be defenceless, I can't remember exactly why. It's something that Diana specifically refers too. It was something along those lines.
    "Live a poem... or die a fool!"

  4. #49
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Rucka for me. His Rebirth run is what taught me the value of a more “normal” WW book. He showed that yes Diana does have a personality beyond being “iconic”. He showed why Cheetah is awesome and the role she plays amongst Diana’s Rogues. He gave Cale, Cyber, and Circe good showcases as well (my only disappointment is he didn’t do more with Circe and didn’t reinvent more of Diana’s traditional Rogues like Psycho). He brought Trevor and Etta back, giving Diana a supporting cast again. He’s my favorite WW writer.
    On Cheetah, I am curious about whether you had seen any of her appearances under William Messner-Loebs pen. Had you seen WW Special #1 and its conclusion in WW #63? He also penned her in WW #94-96. These are from volume 2, of course.

  5. #50
    Astonishing Member Gaius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    3,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    On Cheetah, I am curious about whether you had seen any of her appearances under William Messner-Loebs pen. Had you seen WW Special #1 and its conclusion in WW #63? He also penned her in WW #94-96. These are from volume 2, of course.
    I recently read through the new collection of the first part of the Loebs run. The stuff people say about the art situation is mostly true but I have to say I've enjoyed what I've read so far of it even if I don't think Loebs will crack my favorites.

  6. #51
    Moderator Nyssane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,404

    Default

    I was always disappointed they never expanded on the plot where Cheetah jumped into the demon Barremargox's dimension. How did she come back? What went on between the two of them? It was an interesting set up from WML but sadly never went anywhere.

  7. #52
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I was always disappointed they never expanded on the plot where Cheetah jumped into the demon Barremargox's dimension. How did she come back? What went on between the two of them? It was an interesting set up from WML but sadly never went anywhere.
    I thought THAT was one of the most "bad@$$" moments I have ever read. I very much enjoy the personality ML gave Cheetah. As to how she came back, that is in issue 94
    Last edited by Stanlos; 12-18-2020 at 06:18 PM.

  8. #53

    Default

    Rucka

    Azzarello

    Orlando
    Avengers|Black Panther|Black Widow|Cable|Cap America|Cap Marvel|Daredevil|Doctor Doom|Eternals|Excalibur|FF|GOTG|Hellions|Immortal Hulk|Iron Man|Marauders|Thor|Wolverine|Venom|X-Force|X-Men
    Batman|Detective Comics|JL Dark|Green Lantern|Rorschach|Swamp Thing|Wonder Woman
    Decorum|Die|Lost Soldiers|Monstress|Low|Scumbag|Sea Of Stars|Seven To Eternity|Space Bastards|Undiscovered Country
    Hellboy|Brzrkr
    Bloodshot|Ninja-K|Rai|Shadowman|X-O Manowar
    Aliens|Blade Runner|Conan|Expanse|Firefly
    Taarna

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •