Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member
    Last edited by Hypo; 11-16-2020 at 03:25 PM.

The article mentions Yara is getting a Wonder Girl comic too. Looks like Cassie Sandsmark will be needing a new codename.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The article mentions Yara is getting a Wonder Girl comic too. Looks like Cassie Sandsmark will be needing a new codename.
    Ooops that’s another one down from Tim’s team.

At least there won’t be lots of source material for the CW to mess up

Somehow my brain has skipped over what a huge deal this is to marvel at how they've already managed to change Yara's beautiful costume design into something nowhere near as cool...

...aaaaand then I swing right back round to WOW A WONDER GIRL SERIES. The potential of a long-form TV series set in the WW mythos is a VERY FUN PROSPECT.

As long as they remember that Yara speaks Portuguese and not Spanish, I am awaiting the show.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 11-17-2020 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    As long as they remember that Yara speaks Portuguese and not Spanish, I am waiting the show.
    They probably won't. As someone of partial Portuguese heritage, I can tell you most Americans have no idea that Brazil was a colony of Portugal rather than Spain.

Edit - I find it odd Yara is getting her own live-action show even though she is just officially debuting in the comics now. I'll check it out but it is still a perplexing choice.
    Last edited by Celgress; 11-16-2020 at 03:59 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I expected her to become Wonder Girl when she was revealed as the Future State Wonder Woman, but I didn't think it would happen so fast.
    I'm more excited about the comic than the show, to be honest. I have more faith in someone like Joelle Jones than Berlanti and co.
    Creating an indigenous Brazillian character that feels true to her culture is really tricky. I worry she'll be shown as a latina immigrant that could be from any country in Latin America and not get the depth of the culture of the Amazonian tribes.
    I hope it works out well, because the potential for great new stories is certainly there if the creators do their research right.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Of course they are doing a Wonder Girl series with someone that has no ties to Wonder Woman and Themiscrya. Why do Wonder characters always have to be so disconnected from Diana? And how does one find out they are Wonder Girl?

Looks like DC got it Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan)
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Well that was quick, but seeing as the other new cwverse stars that are getting their own shows Ryan Wilder and Painkiller didn't get much more than a cameo in the actual comics, guess we shouldn't be surprised. Hope its good!

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Looks like DC got it Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan)
    My thoughts exactly. I know there is a **** load of fan artwork for the character already online. She does have a striking visual design especially her comic book costume.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It seems the part of a Wonder Girl comic has been changed (I guess that was a mistake).

Now, it just say that Yara will make her comic book appearance this January in Future State: Wonder Woman by Jones.

Incredible Member

OH MY GOD! I just made a post last week about a possible Wonder Woman series starring Yara, and people said it was unlikely to happen. Then today we discover that it is in the works. I'm super excited about this, and while I would have preferred an HBO Max series, I still think this is a huge deal. With this and the new Batwoman, I'm super excited for the next chapter in the CWverse.

...Well, that's a fast turnaround.

I was kind of expecting they'd revamp her into being a Wonder Girl to better fit her into the franchise without having to replace Diana, but not this fast. I'm worried about Cassie now .

Is that supposed to be her Wonder Girl costume? I kind of doubt they'd go for a leotard for live-action. The cape feels more "Supergirl" than "Wonder Girl."

Is this going to be set in the Arrowverse? Will Wonder Woman actually show up or be acknowledged?

Also, I guess they spoil Yara's divine heritage?