Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Extraordinary Member
    Last edited by Hypo; 11-16-2020 at 03:25 PM.

The article mentions Yara is getting a Wonder Girl comic too. Looks like Cassie Sandsmark will be needing a new codename.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The article mentions Yara is getting a Wonder Girl comic too. Looks like Cassie Sandsmark will be needing a new codename.
    Ooops that’s another one down from Tim’s team.

At least there won’t be lots of source material for the CW to mess up

As long as they remember that Yara speaks Portuguese and not Spanish, I am awaiting the show.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 11-17-2020 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    As long as they remember that Yara speaks Portuguese and not Spanish, I am waiting the show.
    They probably won't. As someone of partial Portuguese heritage, I can tell you most Americans have no idea that Brazil was a colony of Portugal rather than Spain.

Edit - I find it odd Yara is getting her own live-action show even though she is just officially debuting in the comics now. I'll check it out but it is still a perplexing choice.
    Last edited by Celgress; 11-16-2020 at 03:59 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I expected her to become Wonder Girl when she was revealed as the Future State Wonder Woman, but I didn't think it would happen so fast.
    I'm more excited about the comic than the show, to be honest. I have more faith in someone like Joelle Jones than Berlanti and co.
    Creating an indigenous Brazillian character that feels true to her culture is really tricky. I worry she'll be shown as a latina immigrant that could be from any country in Latin America and not get the depth of the culture of the Amazonian tribes.
    I hope it works out well, because the potential for great new stories is certainly there if the creators do their research right.

Somehow my brain has skipped over what a huge deal this is to marvel at how they've already managed to change Yara's beautiful costume design into something nowhere near as cool...

...aaaaand then I swing right back round to WOW A WONDER GIRL SERIES. The potential of a long-form TV series set in the WW mythos is a VERY FUN PROSPECT.

Astonishing Member

It seems the part of a Wonder Girl comic has been changed (I guess that was a mistake).

Now, it just say that Yara will make her comic book appearance this January in Future State: Wonder Woman by Jones.

Extraordinary Member

The article has been edited to remove that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    The article has been edited to remove that.
    But Joelle Jones tweeted this out so it's probably true: https://twitter.com/Joelle_Jones/sta...77941999648768

I could see them establishing that Diana used to be around as a superhero on earth prime sometime prior to Oliver Queen and Barry Allen's debuts. Likely working with Batman and Superman. But at some point around the time Green Arrow and Flash showed up, Bruce and Diana both dropped off the face of the earth for some reason. And this new girl is inspired by her or whatever her deal is.
    I could see them casting someone as Arrowverse's Diana/WW for small guest appearances down the line.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    But Joelle Jones tweeted this out so it's probably true: https://twitter.com/Joelle_Jones/sta...77941999648768
    This made me think that Joelle could be the new WW writer and/or artist in March, and introducing Yara as a supporting character during the run.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    This made me think that Joelle could be the new WW writer and/or artist in March, and introducing Yara as a supporting character during the run.
    I don’t think Tamaki is leaving. Joelle will just launch a new Wonder Girl series starring Yara. They may end up keeping the two mostly separate of each other, depending on how close the executives want Diana and Yara to be.

Meh.
    There are already two Wonder Girls that have put in the time/deserve a shot at live action success.