Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    OH MY GOD! I just made a post last week about a possible Wonder Woman series starring Yara, and people said it was unlikely to happen. Then today we discover that it is in the works. I'm super excited about this, and while I would have preferred an HBO Max series, I still think this is a huge deal. With this and the new Batwoman, I'm super excited for the next chapter in the CWverse.
    Superman, Batwoman, Wonder Girl and Stargil could be a good new chapter for CW after some down years. But i don't have any faith in them.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    ...Well, that's a fast turnaround.

I was kind of expecting they'd revamp her into being a Wonder Girl to better fit her into the franchise without having to replace Diana, but not this fast. I'm worried about Cassie now .

Is that supposed to be her Wonder Girl costume? I kind of doubt they'd go for a leotard for live-action. The cape feels more "Supergirl" than "Wonder Girl."

Is this going to be set in the Arrowverse? Will Wonder Woman actually show up or be acknowledged?

Also, I guess they spoil Yara's divine heritage?
    We've seen Themyscira in the Arrowverse and Cheetah has been alluded to, as well. So a Wonder Girl won't come completely out of left field.

I hope this series uses Wonder Woman's villains. This would be a great way to get her world more recognition.

The people going im worried about Cassie need to chill
    Lol anytime DC tries to promote a POC character the fear mongering begins
    Hopefully this show is good like stargirl

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    We've seen Themyscira in the Arrowverse and Cheetah has been alluded to, as well. So a Wonder Girl won't come completely out of left field.

I hope this series uses Wonder Woman's villains. This would be a great way to get her world more recognition.
    I'm kind of wondering what from the mythos they'll be allowed to use, especially since she's such a new character.

It would be kind of hilarious (and sad) if we finally get a showcase for Diana's Rogues and she's not even the star .
    Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    The people going im worried about Cassie need to chill
    Lol anytime DC tries to promote a POC character the fear mongering begins
    Hopefully this show is good like stargirl
    I'm not really fear mongering, and I'm not against Yara, I just know what happened to Tim and Conner when Damian and Jon entered the game...

This really made my day. I show should automatically cement her staying power, but tbh she was always the character that people latched onto from Future State. Either DC had a good sense of that or they made this deal really quickly.

Extraordinary Member

Is that supposed to be her Wonder Girl costume? I kind of doubt they'd go for a leotard for live-action. The cape feels more "Supergirl" than "Wonder Girl."
    The article just has it captioned as "concept art: Joelle Jones for DC" so it's certainly not official.

Is this going to be set in the Arrowverse?
    Per the article, yes.

Incredible Member

I'm kind of wondering what from the mythos they'll be allowed to use, especially since she's such a new character.

It would be kind of hilarious (and sad) if we finally get a showcase for Diana's Rogues and she's not even the star .
    Eh, I actually respectfully disagree. Arrow used a lot of Batman villains, Supergirl used Superman villains, and Flash used quite a few general D.C. villains like Everyman and some Firestorm rogues. I see nothing wrong with Wonder Girl using Diana's villains, especially since this is more than likely a move to keep the Wonder Woman I.P. in the eyes and minds of the general public. I also wouldn't be shocked if we can get a Wonder Woman mention or appearance on the show. I think this is great for the Wonder Woman brand.

Probably controversial, but I'm fine with Tim's generation being retired for a while. They have had so many shots since the New 52 and none have really worked. So having a Cassie move on and Yara be the new Wonder Girl is fine by me. Once they changed Diana's origin Cassie has been in a bit of a tricky situation with the Wonder Woman franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    This really made my day. I show should automatically cement her staying power, but tbh she was always the character that people latched onto from Future State. Either DC had a good sense of that or they made this deal really quickly.
    If we still have an ongoing Wonder Woman comic, I wonder if we'll see her become Diana's sidekick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    The article just has it captioned as "concept art: Joelle Jones for DC" so it's certainly not official.
    I see. I wonder if it was for the show or for the comic version?
    Per the article, yes.
    Maybe she'll be the thematic replacement for Supergirl.

A Wonder Woman TV show

Not starring Diana and on the CW

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    A Wonder Woman TV show

Not starring Diana and on the CW
    Maybe one day we'll get that cartoon...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The article mentions Yara is getting a Wonder Girl comic too. Looks like Cassie Sandsmark will be needing a new codename.
    The article has been edited to remove that.

Incredible Member

Maybe one day we'll get that cartoon...
    If this is a success, I'll say we're one day closer.

If anyone needs to be shown the door its Donna Troy. The character only works as a younger version of Wonder Woman, the way Robert Kanigher wanted. Oh, and at least Cassie looks different visually too.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Guess the rumors about WB looking at 5G as an opportunity for adaption were true. Happy the Wonderverse is finally getting some love on the TV side. Wonder if they would have her eventually team up with the Next Batman and Jon Superman?
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Of course they are doing a Wonder Girl series with someone that has no ties to Wonder Woman and Themiscrya. Why do Wonder characters always have to be so disconnected from Diana? And how does one find out they are Wonder Girl?
    Can they use WW? WB has said they’re more open to letting multiple versions of a character coexist but WW may be an exception. This might be a necessity so as not to step on the toes of DCEU WW.