Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I'm curious what such an executive would see in Yara then.
    Diversity for one. She’s a “brown” Wonder Character who is a blank slate that they can pretty much do what they want while also still benefitting from the Wonder brand. Latinos are one of America’s fastest growing demographics, so studio executives are going to try to appeal to them. Hopefully someone there can be bothered to realize Brazilians aren’t “Hispanic”.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    But Joelle Jones tweeted this out so it's probably true: https://twitter.com/Joelle_Jones/sta...77941999648768
    This made me think that Joelle could be the new WW writer and/or artist in March, and introducing Yara as a supporting character during the run.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    This made me think that Joelle could be the new WW writer and/or artist in March, and introducing Yara as a supporting character during the run.
    I don’t think Tamaki is leaving. Joelle will just launch a new Wonder Girl series starring Yara. They may end up keeping the two mostly separate of each other, depending on how close the executives want Diana and Yara to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    This same article says the editor in question wasn't even in the one who was on the book when the Kanigher cross-dressing criminal issue came out.
    Eh, even if I got a little mixed up, my point still stands; Kanigher was done dirty first! He probably just got confused like I did as to whom was to blame.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Extraordinary Member

@Vordan is right.

She’ll undoubtedly be the new creator on a Wonder Girl series.

Smart of DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Eh, even if I got a little mixed up, my point still stands; Kanigher was done dirty first! He probably just got confused like I did as to whom was to blame.
    He loses any sympathy for taking it out on the wrong person without getting his facts straight. That's even assuming that was his motivation for what he depicted.

Incredible Member

I'm curious what such an executive would see in Yara then.
    She trended on Twitter for a couple of hours after her announcement creation, she is one of the most talked-about characters after the Future State announcement, and I saw several comic book Youtube pages create videos regarding her creation. I can't say why Donna never got this attention mainstream, but I would at least imagine something that hurts Cassie is the DC branded blond-haired, blue-eyed, young powerhouse is already occupied by Supergirl. Between Yara and Donna Troy, based on the social media response and Wonder Woman's huge appeal in Brazil, Yara seemed like the better option.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    She trended on Twitter for a couple of hours after her announcement creation, she is one of the most talked-about characters after the Future State announcement, and I saw several comic book Youtube pages create videos regarding her creation. I can't say why Donna never got this attention mainstream, but I would at least imagine something that hurts Cassie is the DC branded blond-haired, blue-eyed, young powerhouse is already occupied by Supergirl. Between Yara and Donna Troy, based on the social media response and Wonder Woman's huge appeal in Brazil, Yara seemed like the better option.
    I fail to see how that would be an issue given the two characters' differences. Audiences care more about execution than uniqueness despite what some tend to think. As for Donna, her problem was due to rights issues that even prevented her from appearing in adaptations not anything to do with the character herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Frankly, it kind of makes Kanigher look like an idiot.
    I fail to see how that would be an issue given the two characters' differences. Audiences care more about execution than uniqueness despite what some tend to think. As for Donna, her problem was due to rights issues that even prevented her from appearing in adaptations not anything to do with the character herself.
    Yeah, I think it was related to the rights issue over Diana that unless she was a main character, she or her stuff couldn't be used in other media.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I don’t think Tamaki is leaving. Joelle will just launch a new Wonder Girl series starring Yara. They may end up keeping the two mostly separate of each other, depending on how close the executives want Diana and Yara to be.
    I'd rather not see Wonder Woman and Wonder Girl feel disconnected from each other again.

Well if there’s one thing mainstream audiences (and let’s be real comic fans too) are known for, it’s their love of nuanced differences

Representation is a big deal right now (on social media at least), so it’s not really surprising. People also went nuts on Twitter over Nubia.

Incredible Member

I don't really have any feelings about this since the character hasn't even appeared in a comic yet. I hope any series connected to WW, no matter how thinly, is good, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Well if there’s one thing mainstream audiences (and let’s be real comic fans too) are known for, it’s their love of nuanced differences
    Comic fans, you might have a point. Mainstream audiences, I don't think that's really an issue.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    I don't really have any feelings about this since the character hasn't even appeared in a comic yet. I hope any series connected to WW, no matter how thinly, is good, though.
    Yeah, other than a striking design and a potentially interesting backstory there is literally nothing to the character yet. We'll have to wait and see if Yara becomes another Kamala (a near-universally recognized success) or another Riri (arguably a dismal failure).
    Last edited by Celgress; 11-17-2020 at 11:03 AM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Crazy how Yara is probably going to be more prominent than Donna and Cassie