Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    The article has been edited to remove that.
    But Joelle Jones tweeted this out so it's probably true: https://twitter.com/Joelle_Jones/sta...77941999648768

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe one day we'll get that cartoon...
    After a few dozen more seasons of that nonsense Quinn show.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    If anyone needs to be shown the door its Donna Troy. The character only works as a younger version of Wonder Woman, the way Robert Kanigher wanted. Oh, and at least Cassie looks different visually too.
    Donna's pretty much already been shown the door though. Barely anything has been done with her in a long time and she is irrelevant in the WW comics, but she is an adult. Cassie is still a "young hero" which would conflict with Yara's path to taking up that space.

I could see them establishing that Diana used to be around as a superhero on earth prime sometime prior to Oliver Queen and Barry Allen's debuts. Likely working with Batman and Superman. But at some point around the time Green Arrow and Flash showed up, Bruce and Diana both dropped off the face of the earth for some reason. And this new girl is inspired by her or whatever her deal is.
    I could see them casting someone as Arrowverse's Diana/WW for small guest appearances down the line.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    After a few dozen more seasons of that nonsense Quinn show.
    That show is amazing! Also more Wonder Woman content is about the existing Wonder Woman content doing well. So far, it seems people are excited about this based on the comic boards I frequent. I don't know how Twitter is reacting.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Guess the rumors about WB looking at 5G as an opportunity for adaption were true. Happy the Wonderverse is finally getting some love on the TV side. Wonder if they would have her eventually team up with the Next Batman and Jon Superman?
    Yes. She's in the JL with both characters, and shares a comic (Superman/Wonder Woman) with Jon.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    That show is amazing! Also more Wonder Woman content is about the existing Wonder Woman content doing well. So far, it seems people are excited about this based on the comic boards I frequent. I don't know how Twitter is reacting.
    I think most people's complaint is the CW as opposed to HBO Max. But HBO can't handle every DC show. Technically, Wonder Girl will stream on HBO Max after its first season, just like Stargirl.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Guess the rumors about WB looking at 5G as an opportunity for adaption were true. Happy the Wonderverse is finally getting some love on the TV side. Wonder if they would have her eventually team up with the Next Batman and Jon Superman?

Can they use WW? WB has said they’re more open to letting multiple versions of a character coexist but WW may be an exception. This might be a necessity so as not to step on the toes of DCEU WW.
    They may not be able to use Wonder Woman but should be able to use Diana. WB/DC has let The CW use Superman/Clark and Bruce (sure its not the real Bruce but its still his likeness).

Incredible Member

Maybe they would use DONNA on occasion as sort of a tutor for Yara.

Well, I did hope for a Wonder Woman show eventually. Wasn't really expecting Yara though. And its kid of the reverse of the Batwoman situation; an OC is basically being shoved into Kate's place, and already got a cameo in the Batgirl comics.

Yara has yet to actually debut in the comics, but already has a confirmed (if CW) series in the works. Could be interesting, but more irked that Sarah Lance/White Canary hasn't been adapted to the comics, as she's actually a long lasting and probably the most well liked OC from the CW-verse.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    Not to derail but I’m of the opinion nothing (comic, show, movie, video game) that’s Harley Quinn-centric can be described as “amazing”.

And I’d be more excited if Yara had anything to actually go on and if it wasn’t from the CW.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Not to derail but I’m of the opinion nothing (comic, show, movie, video game) that’s Harley Quinn-centric can be described as “amazing”.

And I’d be more excited if Yara had anything to actually go on and if it wasn’t from the CW.
    Haha. Fair enough. We all like what we like.

I'm sure they'll use Wonder Woman stories for inspiration for Yara as they did with Kara and Supergirl using Superman stories for inspiration. I just hope they use Diana's orginal rogues and this is not 5 or so years of endless mythology interpretations.

Hopefully they can use our folklore to create some villains. We have some pretty weird stuff they can use.

Meh.
    There are already two Wonder Girls that have put in the time/deserve a shot at live action success.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Since she'll have a lasso....will it be THE lasso or have a different function? Is this going to be a "Wonder Woman has disappeared" type show?