Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Meh.
    There are already two Wonder Girls that have put in the time/deserve a shot at live action success.
    This two haven’t exactly set the comics world on fire nor have they proven to be on Kara/Barbara’s level of successful spin-off. Maybe Diana is finally getting that successful spinoff with Yara! One can only hope! Bonus points that she’s an Indigenous Latina! So much lore to play with there!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Incredible Member

I’m excited for a Wonder Girl TV series, but I wish it was using Donna Troy, Cassie Sandsmark, Artemis or someone with a known connection to Diana / Wonder Woman.

I also hope the live action costume is a huge improvement on the two comic book costumes which feature Wonder Woman’s standard bizarrely “armoured” sections combined with bare flesh - presumably because villains will only aim for the armoured sections of a costume?

I’ll keep my fingers crossed that it’s good and that it is able to include Themyscira and at least some of Diana’s supporting cast (e.g. Artemis) even if Wonder Woman herself can’t appear.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    This two haven’t exactly set the comics world on fire nor have they proven to be on Kara/Barbara’s level of successful spin-off. Maybe Diana is finally getting that successful spinoff with Yara! One can only hope! Bonus points that she’s an Indigenous Latina! So much lore to play with there!
    They never got the chance and have never been treated as well as Kara/Barbara. Diana is barely treated well.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Guess the rumors about WB looking at 5G as an opportunity for adaption were true. Happy the Wonderverse is finally getting some love on the TV side. Wonder if they would have her eventually team up with the Next Batman and Jon Superman?
    I've seen online speculation that she might end up becoming part of the new Arrowverse Trinity with Hoechlin's Superman and the Ryan Wilder Batwoman.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    Haha. Fair enough. We all like what we like.

I'm sure they'll use Wonder Woman stories for inspiration for Yara as they did with Kara and Supergirl using Superman stories for inspiration. I just hope they use Diana's orginal rogues and this is not 5 or so years of endless mythology interpretations.
    Honestly, I know it’s pointless saying this because CW has already done this with Supergirl/Superman but I’d be rather annoyed if the show was just taking Diana’s stories, villains, and moments and just inserting Yara in them.

I am curious as to what her ties are to Diana and the Amazons. It would help me embrace the character more if there were a strong tie and she's not just some woman who's using the name with no connection.
    I will give the character a chance on her own merits.
    I am confused by this though, as we were told Future State was a two month events and now there's a tv show coming out of it.
    It leaves me a little more confused as to the future direction of DC as a whole.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Creating an indigenous Brazillian character that feels true to her culture is really tricky. I worry she'll be shown as a latina immigrant that could be from any country in Latin America and not get the depth of the culture of the Amazonian tribes.
    I hope it works out well, because the potential for great new stories is certainly there if the creators do their research right.
    Keep in mind they said the character is ethnically latino,not native american.

This two haven’t exactly set the comics world on fire nor have they proven to be on Kara/Barbara’s level of successful spin-off.
    ^^^As opppsed to a character that’s done absolutely nothing to set anything on fire.

Bonus points that she’s an Indigenous Latina!
    ^^^Pretty sure that’s the only thing ppl are caring about at this point.

I’ve nothing positive to add so I won’t keep posting/ruining everyone’s enjoyment.
    Just wanted to voice my ambivalence to this project/support for pre-existing Wonder Girls.

Extraordinary Member

Donna is already in Titans tv show people. Remember!!

And I wouldn’t doubt whenever Young Justice eventually goes live action, that Cassie will appear there as well. She may even appear in the Titans show eventually.

Yara gives a carte blanche to headline a show without being to restricted to Diana. Something the others don’t have.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 11-16-2020 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    I am curious as to what her ties are to Diana and the Amazons. It would help me embrace the character more if there were a strong tie and she's not just some woman who's using the name with no connection.
    I will give the character a chance on her own merits.
    I am confused by this though, as we were told Future State was a two month events and now there's a tv show coming out of it.
    It leaves me a little more confused as to the future direction of DC as a whole.
    She's an amazon from the third tribe hidden in the Amazon rainforest.

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Yes. She's in the JL with both characters, and shares a comic (Superman/Wonder Woman) with Jon.
    Oh I meant in live action. I know she’s teaming up with Jon and Next Batman in Future State.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I've seen online speculation that she might end up becoming part of the new Arrowverse Trinity with Hoechlin's Superman and the Ryan Wilder Batwoman.
    I wonder if age wise she will be around Stargirl and Jon’s age, seems likely given she’s “Wonder Girl” and not “Wonder Woman”.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Honestly, I know it’s pointless saying this because CW has already done this with Supergirl/Superman but I’d be rather annoyed if the show was just taking Diana’s stories, villains, and moments and just inserting Yara in them.
    What could they even use from Diana for Yara? I expect her villains will get poached, Cheetah and Circe, probably Ares as well, but Yara isn’t Themyscarian and brings a whole different perspective to things.

Not really with Dc you never know what you are going to get. If they treat Yara similar they can easily get Yara to be Diana. They can use Diana’s villains without a second thought. Dc isn’t kind to Diana. I Diana or Donna at least make a cameo

The possibility of ditching the Greek pantheon as part of Yara's supporting cast is probably the most exciting thing about her. The Greek gods are boring, get rid of them!
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Donna and Cassie are, creatively, scorched earth at this point. If Bendis and a TV show couldn’t reignite interest in them, nothing will. It’s time to bench them.

Boisterously Confused

I'm torn between
    • Could be cool, give it a chance
    • I'll miss DC since it's clearly done with me