Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Marvel/DC characters who are likely immune to the zombie virus?

Which Marvel/DC characters who are likely immune to the zombie virus?

I'd start with Ghost Rider since He is made out of bones and hellfire flames. How do you zombify a person composed entirely of fire and bones that you can't sink your teeth into?

Jared Kabe, also known as the G.I. Zombie from the DC comics, is already undead. You can't zombify a zombie.

Dr. Strange should have some magic that can make him immune to zombie virus.

Of course the robots and androids are able to survive the zombie virus since there's nothing organic in them to be infected.

Spectre is a supernatural being that is made up of mystical stuff (which I don't understand) that makes him resist the virus.

I'd omit Wolverine out of the list since there's a zombified Wolverine in comics. His healing factor can fight off the Brood egg infection as well as infections from vampire and werewolf bites but not the zombification virus?

Grundy, like Jared Kabe, is already a zombie.
    Clayface since he's basically mud.
    Lobo, because he's Lobo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Clayface since he's basically mud.
    Now that you mention Clayface, I forgot Sandman, who is basically made out of sand. That must be how he survived the zombie plague in the Marvel Zombies comics.

Swamp Thing and Man-Thing, probably?
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Deadman, being an incorporeal being.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    Which Marvel/DC characters who are likely immune to the zombie virus?

I'd start with Ghost Rider since He is made out of bones and hellfire flames. How do you zombify a person composed entirely of fire and bones that you can't sink your teeth into?

Jared Kabe, also known as the G.I. Zombie from the DC comics, is already undead. You can't zombify a zombie.

Dr. Strange should have some magic that can make him immune to zombie virus.

Of course the robots and androids are able to survive the zombie virus since there's nothing organic in them to be infected.

Spectre is a supernatural being that is made up of mystical stuff (which I don't understand) that makes him resist the virus.

I'd omit Wolverine out of the list since there's a zombified Wolverine in comics. His healing factor can fight off the Brood egg infection as well as infections from vampire and werewolf bites but not the zombification virus?
    Ehh... I don't know if I buy that one. I mean, if you're saying somehow use magic to keep the virus from physically reaching him, sure ... but, I'd think if he got bit, he's still flesh and blood, right? He shouldn't be immune.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Aquaman: His skin is far harder than normal because of the depths he lives in under the sea, so being bitten by a zombie would be practically impossible

Namor: See above

DC's speedsters: I'm not sure about this, but even if any of them are bitten, wouldn't their Speed Force enhanced super metabolisms burn out any zombie virus?

Green Lanterns: When on the clock, the protective fields from their power rings keep them from being bitten

Hydro-Man (Spider-Man bad guy): Well, he's basically water

Doctor Doom: He practically lives in his armor

Luke Cage: Steel hard skin
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 11-17-2020 at 02:24 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

The Spectre - already dead, a ghost, and posseses vast cosmic power.

Infectious Lass - already carries every known disease and so should be immune.

Poison Ivy - is seemingly immune to all diseases and toxins.

Wildfire - composed of pure energy

The Metal Men - robots

Robotman - human brain in robotic body

Superman is the first one that comes to mind. Add to that anyone in the supes family. Superboy, Super Girl, General Zod, How about Mon-El? Bizzaro.

Sandman and Hydro man are great choices as is Clay Face.

Wonder Man and other beings made of energy.

What about Wolverine? One thing I always wondered in Marvel Zombies is how did his healing factor not fight that off?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Any being made out of/surrounded by energy or inorganic materials should be OK. Aliens, too, if the virus is specific to Earth-based biology.

Plastic Man should be fine since he's plastic.
    Martian Manhunter should be fine thanks to being an alien. The shapeshifting might help, too, if he becomes inorganic matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Superman is the first one that comes to mind. Add to that anyone in the supes family. Superboy, Super Girl, General Zod, How about Mon-El? Bizzaro.
    Supes gets Kryptonian viruses all the time. A zombie virus might get past his defenses, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Wildfire could be a problem if his containment suit is compromised, i.e., punctured by teeth

Oh, yeah, surprised it took this long for the ever lovin’, blue eyed Thing to be mentioned as no zombie choppers are getting past his rocky hide!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Simon Garth - already a zombie.

The Dummy - wooden ventriloquist dummy.

Corrosive Man - dissolves anything that touches him.

Red Tornado and Vision - androids

Professor Ivo - Immortal and indestructible

Mister Immortal - assuming that the virus actually kills you when you transform
    Last edited by foxley; 11-17-2020 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Wildfire could be a problem if his containment suit is compromised, i.e., punctured by teeth
    It might destroy the suit, but it wouldn't turn him into a zombie. And his suit used to get destroyed all the time in LSH. He just floats around until he can get into one of his spares.

?
    Speaking of energy, what about Chen Lu a.k.a. Radioactive Man from the Marvel Comics? He's made of radioactive energy. Radiation kills viruses and bacteria, right? Zombie virus is a virus, right?

Boisterously Confused

Dr. Fate, as long as he's got the helmet on. I imagine Nabu could ward off any mystical cooties. He takes it off though, he's buggered.