Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    He’s a no good clone. I’m guessing is what the Quiet Council says. Poor Evan, Madelyn...
    For a group of people that are all about fighting marginalization the X-Men are pretty open about discriminating against clones...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    For a group of people that are all about fighting marginalization the X-Men are pretty open about discriminating against clones...
    Which is ironic considering every time the Five brings someone back to life....they’re technically clones.

Which is ironic considering every time the Five brings someone back to life....they’re technically clones.
    People often externalize their hate for what they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

The problem is redundancies, not clones.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    The problem is redundancies, not clones.
    Yet Emma having the two missing Cuckoos brought back was her priority.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Yet Emma having the two missing Cuckoos brought back was her priority.
    Different case- the Cuckoos were created to work as one, and work better as a group. Plus, they were born and raised together, it's not like one of them is a copy of another person born much earlier.

Mighty Member

Well to be fair, there are iconic clones (Maddie deserves justice/ Laura deserves more stories) and clones that kinda suck and only work in alternate sort of stories (XMan and Evan). Just saying...

BANNED

Evan was trash. I was thrilled when he died in AoX, the ONLY good thing to come out of that hunk of junk.

Also,some people don't seem to understand what a clone is. If someone dies, and you clone them and re-store their memories it's a lot different than if you clone someone and they are just a copy with a whole other personality (IMO). Also, the Cuckoos and Laura aren't clones, they have other people's DNA aside just Emma and Logan's.

Ultimate Member

Oh, good. I was afraid that the original might actually get character development by interacting with the clone.

Dodged a bullet there

I enjoyed Evan but I can't say his presence will really be missed.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Fantastic Member

He also says in the same interview that nothing is confirmed unless it happened on panel. He was avoiding talking about Jeans relationship, but it still applies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    Evan was trash. I was thrilled when he died in AoX, the ONLY good thing to come out of that hunk of junk.

Also,some people don't seem to understand what a clone is. If someone dies, and you clone them and re-store their memories it's a lot different than if you clone someone and they are just a copy with a whole other personality (IMO). Also, the Cuckoos and Laura aren't clones, they have other people's DNA aside just Emma and Logan's.
    Cuckoos are clones of each other and X-23 isn't a clone since the taylor's retcon, but Gabby is.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

This should have been the very first story arc for Deadpool, trying to fight the status quo and getting his lil buddy back.

It would have been awesome if the gods allowed Remender to write a 6 issue mini exploring these ideas

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I enjoyed Evan but I can't say his presence will really be missed.
    His arc of not wanting to be like Apocalypse is pretty done now. Even Apocalypse isn't *that* Apocalypse anymore.

BANNED

Once Apocalypse reached a point where he becomes more complex and less of a one note mass murderer, Evan became irrelevant. Good thing they're treating him as deceased for now. In case Evan becomes useful again later, they can bring him back.

(Also, the concept of having a "good clone" of Apocalypse was always kind of having your cake and then eating it. I love Evan, but come on)