Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Bluebird

What does everyone think 2021 will hold for our recently-returned Bluebird? An increased role after Punchline’s trial? Back to the dustbin? Maybe merchandise?

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    What does everyone think 2021 will hold for our recently-returned Bluebird? An increased role after Punchline’s trial? Back to the dustbin? Maybe merchandise?
    I'd love for her to have a defined role in Tynion's run and a status quo moving forward. At this point a dedicated on-going title might struggle, but a limited run would be amazing. Character-focused variant covers for this mini, I feel, would be great for advertising her to fans and getting momentum going. For the biggest appeal I'd say DC should go with Artgerm and Jorge Jimenez variants, it's worked greatly for Punchline and Clownhunter.

A statue would be amazing, maybe DC Bombshells collection? Something dynamic as Batman Universe Bust Collection already covered Bluebird. I'd love a modern looking one too.

A upgraded look, a Bluebird 2.0 suit. I love Dustin Nguyen's original design, but it feels very 90's (maybe it's the chains and neck armour), so a natural progression as the original suit was (in the books) designed using what was immediately available to Harper during Batman Eternal.
    I'm currently reading Batman, Detective Comics, DCeased: Dead Planet, Dark Knights: Death Metal, Daredevil, Thor, Nightwing, The Rise of Ultraman and Red Hood and The Outlaws. I'm also trade-waiting the Hickman-era of X-Men comics.

Bluebird

Well, she’s going to be a part of the Punchline backup in the upcoming Joker series next March. Hooray?

Well, she’s going to be a part of the Punchline backup in the upcoming Joker series next March. Hooray?
    I have the same apprehension. On the plus side however, at least Harper's got the same creative team from the Punchline Special. I'm hoping once Joker is finished and things inevitably converge back to Batman for Joker's revenge story, the creative team will stick around with Harper for a mini-series or two.
    I'm currently reading Batman, Detective Comics, DCeased: Dead Planet, Dark Knights: Death Metal, Daredevil, Thor, Nightwing, The Rise of Ultraman and Red Hood and The Outlaws. I'm also trade-waiting the Hickman-era of X-Men comics.

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by Westbats View Post
    I have the same apprehension. On the plus side however, at least Harper's got the same creative team from the Punchline Special. I'm hoping once Joker is finished and things inevitably converge back to Batman for Joker's revenge story, the creative team will stick around with Harper for a mini-series or two.
    I know there is literally no chance they have a Bluebird miniseries where she’s top billing, but attaching her appearance to a Joker comic? Eurgh.

I know there is literally no chance they have a Bluebird miniseries where she’s top billing, but attaching her appearance to a Joker comic? Eurgh.
    From my perspective the proper team and story can do wonders for any character. I’d love for 2021 to be the year when DC takes a chance on a dedicated Harper mini-series.

Punchline being in Blackgate guarantees, to me, that we’ll be seeing Marcus Row sooner or later.

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by Westbats View Post
    From my perspective the proper team and story can do wonders for any character. I’d love for 2021 to be the year when DC takes a chance on a dedicated Harper mini-series.

Punchline being in Blackgate guarantees, to me, that we’ll be seeing Marcus Row sooner or later.
    I’m hoping Bluebird’s role in the Punchline backup isn’t just to “put over” Punchline by losing to her.

I’m hoping Bluebird’s role in the Punchline backup isn’t just to “put over” Punchline by losing to her.
    I hope so too, but the odds are certainly against her. She's outnumbered in the streets (how no other Bats are even looking into how the case is going is beyond me) and of course, Cullen. I hope Punchline (or Bluff) don't realize that they have the brother of the one vigilante actively investigating them.