Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 38
  1. #1
    Bluebird
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    1,039

    Default Bluebird Appreciation Thread 2020

    An appreciation thread dedicated to a fairly underrated member of Gothamís vigilante circle.



    Latest Appearance: Punchline One-Shot Special #1 (2020)

  2. #2
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stars & stripes View Post
    an appreciation thread dedicated to a fairly underrated member of gotham’s vigilante circle.



    latest appearance: punchline one-shot special #1 (2020)
    go harper!
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

    "Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

  3. #3

    Default

    I love her design here


    Last edited by OopsIdiditagain; 11-17-2020 at 12:30 PM.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

  4. #4
    Astonishing Member Korath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Toulouse, France
    Posts
    4,317

    Default

    Finally ! I searched one the other day and couldn't find it. let's hope we won't have to close it and re-open it come January the First XD !

  5. #5
    Bluebird
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    1,039

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    I love her design here


    Kind of a shame that we only saw her costume for like a couple of panels in the oneshot.

  6. #6
    Harper Row fan Westbats's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    196

    Default

    It's so awesome that we've got an Appreciation Thread for Harper, I was trying to compile information just like the other Appreciation Threads. Guess I can start posting the Harper commissions I've had done over the years.

    IMG_0908.jpg
    This was done by Babs Tarr back in 2017 at Emerald City Comic Con. It's up and framed now but that's the nicest photo of it I have.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    Kind of a shame that we only saw her costume for like a couple of panels in the oneshot.
    I'm sure we'll see more of the Bluebird costume in the follow-up in 2021. While I like Nguyen's initial design, I'm hoping for an upgraded look to the suit in the future.
    I'm currently reading Batman, Detective Comics, DCeased: Dead Planet, Dark Knights: Death Metal, Daredevil, Thor, Nightwing, The Rise of Ultraman and Red Hood and The Outlaws. I'm also trade-waiting the Hickman-era of X-Men comics.

  7. #7
    Bluebird
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    1,039

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Westbats View Post
    It's so awesome that we've got an Appreciation Thread for Harper, I was trying to compile information just like the other Appreciation Threads. Guess I can start posting the Harper commissions I've had done over the years.

    IMG_0908.jpg
    This was done by Babs Tarr back in 2017 at Emerald City Comic Con. It's up and framed now but that's the nicest photo of it I have.



    I'm sure we'll see more of the Bluebird costume in the follow-up in 2021. While I like Nguyen's initial design, I'm hoping for an upgraded look to the suit in the future.
    IMO, a more armored suit that plays to the techie aspect of her character and incorporates a bit more blue to the outfit (found it a bit odd a character named Bluebird has a costume that’s mostly black) would be cool.

  8. #8
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    3,377

    Default

    How worried should I be for Cullen's sake?

  9. #9
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    7,926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    I love her design here


    It's similar to her first appearances which I prefer to the later version where she cut most of it.

  10. #10
    Extraordinary Member sifighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,467

    Default

    Glad to see she’s back, I honestly liked her in the Snyder run and the Eternal series. Can’t wait to see how she plays into events later next year.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

  11. #11
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Westbats View Post
    It's so awesome that we've got an Appreciation Thread for Harper, I was trying to compile information just like the other Appreciation Threads. Guess I can start posting the Harper commissions I've had done over the years.

    IMG_0908.jpg
    This was done by Babs Tarr back in 2017 at Emerald City Comic Con. It's up and framed now but that's the nicest photo of it I have.



    I'm sure we'll see more of the Bluebird costume in the follow-up in 2021. While I like Nguyen's initial design, I'm hoping for an upgraded look to the suit in the future.
    That Tarr piece is beautiful
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

    "Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

  12. #12
    Harper Row fan Westbats's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    IMO, a more armored suit that plays to the techie aspect of her character and incorporates a bit more blue to the outfit (found it a bit odd a character named Bluebird has a costume thatís mostly black) would be cool.
    I'm hoping for a two-tone blue suit. Like Tynion said about the cover to his start on Detective Comics 934, I think a silhouette has to be definitive to that character.
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    How worried should I be for Cullen's sake?
    Given the possibility of escalation for the sake of plot, I think that Clownhunter will (eventually) target Cullen. Why, I can't say for certain right now. If anything it might be due to association with Bluff. A lot of what Cullen said in his argument with Harper during their fight in Punchline Special will probably come back around into the Clownhunter confrontation later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukiakari1203 View Post
    That Tarr piece is beautiful
    Thank you very much! It's not at eye-level now so it's difficult to take photos of that do it justice. I've got plenty of other pieces too, I just don't want to flood the thread with pictures.
    I'm currently reading Batman, Detective Comics, DCeased: Dead Planet, Dark Knights: Death Metal, Daredevil, Thor, Nightwing, The Rise of Ultraman and Red Hood and The Outlaws. I'm also trade-waiting the Hickman-era of X-Men comics.

  13. #13
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    622

    Default

    Yeah, I glad Harper/ Bluebird and she is being used in an interesting way.

    I always liked her.
    Last edited by ZuLuLu; 11-19-2020 at 03:47 AM.

  14. #14
    Harper Row fan Westbats's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    196

    Default

    I was thinking about it today, and I feel like while we can worry about Cullen being attacked by Clownhunter, I do believe (and hope) that he will be fine once the overarching story with Punchline is resolved and her role in Joker War has been made public. I feel this way for primarily because Bruce already failed the Row Family once, with Miranda's murder orchestrated by Mother. DC and Tynion really have a great opportunity to develop Harper as a proper addition to the Batfamily, and given that they're in a rebuild phase of storytelling, I'm optimistic that they won't squander it.
    I'm currently reading Batman, Detective Comics, DCeased: Dead Planet, Dark Knights: Death Metal, Daredevil, Thor, Nightwing, The Rise of Ultraman and Red Hood and The Outlaws. I'm also trade-waiting the Hickman-era of X-Men comics.

  15. #15
    Bluebird
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    1,039

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Westbats View Post
    I was thinking about it today, and I feel like while we can worry about Cullen being attacked by Clownhunter, I do believe (and hope) that he will be fine once the overarching story with Punchline is resolved and her role in Joker War has been made public. I feel this way for primarily because Bruce already failed the Row Family once, with Miranda's murder orchestrated by Mother. DC and Tynion really have a great opportunity to develop Harper as a proper addition to the Batfamily, and given that they're in a rebuild phase of storytelling, I'm optimistic that they won't squander it.
    I’m hoping they just don’t get “put back in the box”, so to speak, once the Punchline stuff is done with.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •