Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    I’m hoping they just don’t get “put back in the box”, so to speak, once the Punchline stuff is done with.
    I hope they don't get put away too, I was patiently waiting for Harper's return for so long, I even kept a timer on my phone (between Detective Comics 964 and Punchline Special a total of time of 1154 days had passed). I'm hoping that Editorial uses the audience's attention on Punchline to elevate Harper. I'd love to have variant cover or two of Harper/Bluebird, like Artgerm and Jorge Jimenez.

I'd like to post some more fan art too if that's okay. For the last couple of years I've commissioned ArtbyTuna to do a series of Harper Row/Bluebird pieces, with various themes. These were the first two done, they sit up on the wall as a pair.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm currently reading Batman, Detective Comics, DCeased: Dead Planet, Dark Knights: Death Metal, Daredevil, Thor, Nightwing, The Rise of Ultraman and Red Hood and The Outlaws. I'm also trade-waiting the Hickman-era of X-Men comics.

Bluebird

That art is amazing.

(Fan art, custom toys, anything Bluebird-relevant is always welcome here. )

That art is amazing.
    Thank you! I'm still a little worried about me spamming the thread with all the artwork I have (because there's a lot, makes up a full wall). Maybe I should hold off on some of them for the 2021 Appreciation Thread?

Either way, I guess I should post another one. This one is a Bluebird redesign or 2.0 suit the artist did based on what I thought it'd look like, giving her a unique silhouette amongst the Batfamily (like Tynion said during his Detective Comics run). I know we talked about it a bit here so I figure it's relevant to the conversation.

Harper Commission #8.jpg

In other news, I was really happy to see Bluebird in Dark Knights Death Metal #5 last week, I didn't get to reading it until last night. Good to see Snyder giving her a cameo. Really hoping she'll show up in this week's Detective Comics or something, make it three weeks in a row haha.
    I'm currently reading Batman, Detective Comics, DCeased: Dead Planet, Dark Knights: Death Metal, Daredevil, Thor, Nightwing, The Rise of Ultraman and Red Hood and The Outlaws. I'm also trade-waiting the Hickman-era of X-Men comics.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Star Stripes, can we add a reading list in the first post? Since it's not very long
    First non-speaking cameo appearance New 52 Batman #1
    First speaking appearance New 52 Batman #7
    First backup feature and Cullen's first appearance New 52 Batman #13
    Father's first appearance New 52 Batman #18
    First appearance in Detective Comics New 52 #21

Then Zero Year, Batman Eternal, Batman and Robin Eternal, Batgirl of Burnside, Rebirth, and on, I don't remember the specifics.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Star Stripes, can we add a reading list in the first post?
    Well it's not a complete list, I got to go through Batman Eternal and Batman and Robin Eternal issues to get specific issue numbers.

Batman Volume 2 #1 First non-speaking appearance.
    Batman Volume 2 #7 First speaking appearance, name dropped as well.
    Batman Volume 2 #12 "Origin" issue, circling back to Batman Volume 2 #1. First appearance of Cullen Row.
    Batman Volume 2 #18 First time Harper is in the prototype suit. First appearance of Marcus Row.

Detective Comics Volume 2 #21 Follow-up to Batman Volume 2 #18.

Batman Volume 2 #25 Flashback, gives insight to Harper's problem solving skills.
    Batman Volume 2 #28 Batman Eternal preview, first appearance of Harper as Bluebird.
    Batman Volume 2 #29 Cameo appearance during Batman: Zero Year.

Batman Eternal Various issues, will compile.

Batman Volume 2 #35 Cameo appearance during dream sequence, showing some future iteration of the Bluebird suit.
    Batman Volume 2 #39 Fighting with the Bat-family.

Detective Comics: Endgame #1 Cameo appearance.

Batman Volume 2 #40 Fighting with the Bat-family.

Batman and Robin Eternal Various issues, will compile (though appears to be in majority of series). First appearance of Miranda Row (flashbacks). Harper "retires" at the end of the series to pursue a degree at the Gotham Technical Institute.

Batgirl Volume 4 #47 Teams up with Batgirl, Spoiler, and Operator.
    Batgirl Volume 4 #49
    Batgirl Volume 4 #50
    Batgirl Volume 4 #51 Makes front page.
    Batgirl Volume 4 #52 Cameo appearance with Spoiler.

Detective Comics Volume 1 #943 First Rebirth appearance.
    Detective Comics Volume 1 #944
    Detective Comics Volume 1 #945 Reveal that Harper is bisexual.
    Detective Comics Volume 1 #946
    Detective Comics Volume 1 #950 Cameo appearance, tries to console Cassandra Cain.
    Detective Comics Volume 1 #956
    Detective Comics Volume 1 #964 Cameo appearance.

Punchline Special #1 Major part of the story, takes Harper out of retirement, Bluebird comes back.

Dark Knights Death Metal #5 Cameo appearance.

Astonishing Member

Always happy to see fan artwork!

Quote Originally Posted by Westbats View Post
    I hope they don't get put away too, I was patiently waiting for Harper's return for so long, I even kept a timer on my phone (between Detective Comics 964 and Punchline Special a total of time of 1154 days had passed). I'm hoping that Editorial uses the audience's attention on Punchline to elevate Harper. I'd love to have variant cover or two of Harper/Bluebird, like Artgerm and Jorge Jimenez.

I'd like to post some more fan art too if that's okay. For the last couple of years I've commissioned ArtbyTuna to do a series of Harper Row/Bluebird pieces, with various themes. These were the first two done, they sit up on the wall as a pair.
    She looks cool
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Bluebird

Once the Punchline thing is done with, what would you all like to be done with Bluebird?

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    She looks cool
    Yep Tuna's a wonderful artist. Here's another picture she did for me, a Harper as Batgirl concept piece.
    IMG_0906.jpg
    Once the Punchline thing is done with, what would you all like to be done with Bluebird?
    I'd like Bluebird to stick around; I know in Batman and Robin Eternal she said she was done being a superhero, but I think we all agree, a superhero never really gets to retire for long before being needed again. As for the situation, I'm not sure. Harper could learn of criminals through working at Leslie's clinic, but I wouldn't put it past Dr. Thompkins to notify Bruce if there's criminal activity related to one of her clients. Harper could focus on the people who act out on Punchline's will or intension, but that might lose it's appeal after the second paperback or so.

Ideally, however, I'd like a revelation about her mother, Miranda Row, be what makes Harper continue to be Bluebird. A lot of what the audience learned about Miranda prior to Batman and Robin Eternal was through her ex-husband Marcus Row, and he seems to have an entirely different perspective of who Miranda was when alive.

Astonishing Member

Yep Tuna's a wonderful artist. Here's another picture she did for me, a Harper as Batgirl concept piece.
    IMG_0906.jpg

I'd like Bluebird to stick around; I know in Batman and Robin Eternal she said she was done being a superhero, but I think we all agree, a superhero never really gets to retire for long before being needed again. As for the situation, I'm not sure. Harper could learn of criminals through working at Leslie's clinic, but I wouldn't put it past Dr. Thompkins to notify Bruce if there's criminal activity related to one of her clients. Harper could focus on the people who act out on Punchline's will or intension, but that might lose it's appeal after the second paperback or so.

Ideally, however, I'd like a revelation about her mother, Miranda Row, be what makes Harper continue to be Bluebird. A lot of what the audience learned about Miranda prior to Batman and Robin Eternal was through her ex-husband Marcus Row, and he seems to have an entirely different perspective of who Miranda was when alive.
    Delving back into the Rows' parentage, especially their mother, would be something they'd need to do, especially when it comes to providing more fleshing out of Harper and Cullen.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Delving back into the Rows' parentage, especially their mother, would be something they'd need to do, especially when it comes to providing more fleshing out of Harper and Cullen.
    I certainly agree with that. I'd be interested to see what Marcus and Miranda were like when they were younger, how Gotham shaped them into the people the audience knows them as.

Bluebird

I certainly agree with that. I'd be interested to see what Marcus and Miranda were like when they were younger, how Gotham shaped them into the people the audience knows them as.
    I’d honestly want to know why Harper chose “Bluebird” specifically for her hero name, other than to try and to connect with the bird-themed naming of Batman’s allies.

I’d honestly want to know why Harper chose “Bluebird” specifically for her hero name, other than to try and to connect with the bird-themed naming of Batman’s allies.
    Without any canon reason from the creators, I'd like to think it involves Miranda somehow.

Also here's a new picture! I just put up the one on the left this evening. From Batman 12 .

IMG_1027.jpg

Bluebird

Without any canon reason from the creators, I'd like to think it involves Miranda somehow.

Also here's a new picture! I just put up the one on the left this evening. From Batman 12 .

IMG_1027.jpg
    It might be schmaltzy, but perhaps Miranda’s nickname for Harps was “Bluebird”?

It might be schmaltzy, but perhaps Miranda’s nickname for Harps was “Bluebird”?
    Maybe bluebirds have some sort of significance to Harper's memory of her mother? They're common in eastern North America, maybe Miranda and her family were birdwatchers.

I wonder if, in that case, Harper calling herself Bluebird makes Cullen feel upset in some way?