Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Default Will there be a new writer in the Wondie title in march 2021?

After the event that was originally going to be gen5 is done. Are we getting a new writer, is tamaki going to continue. Do we have any information about this yet? And what would you guys prefer? tamaki or a new writer? I think that if tamaki's writing will continue to be what we saw from her so far, then it'd be better to give a different writer a try.

I hope so, this Max Lord stuff just isn't doing anything for me and this Future State stuff I'm largely mixed on.
    Last edited by Gaius; 11-17-2020 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I hope so, this Max Lord stuff just isn't doing anything for me and this Future State stuff I'm largely mixed on.
    This, verbatim.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    This, verbatim.

Same here. The current writer's writing seems very amateur to me. I'm ready for someone new.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

I’m going to say no. I think Tamaki will stick with the book for now. Admittedly I don’t really know who would even be a good choice to replace her honestly.

Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Agree, this verbatim..��

Jon

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Man, I hope so.

Incredible Member

Joelle Jones indicated on Twitter that she has plans for Yara after Future State. https://twitter.com/Joelle_Jones/sta...77941999648768
    Assuming they're planning to introduce her in the present day as the new wonder girl as rumored, and they do so inside Diana's book, I think it's likely Jones will be taking over Wonder Woman next year.

And I'm going to say I haven't been very interested in Tamaki's run either.

If she takes over, I hoping Jones does a good job of establishing the present day version of Yara, but also doesn't neglect Diana or her preexisting supporting characters while doing so.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I’m really hoping Jones takes over. The book sorely needs her caliber of talent for this book. It’d be a dream if she and Orlando were co-writers.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    Joelle Jones indicated on Twitter that she has plans for Yara after Future State. https://twitter.com/Joelle_Jones/sta...77941999648768
    Assuming they're planning to introduce her in the present day as the new wonder girl as rumored, and they do so inside Diana's book, I think it's likely Jones will be taking over Wonder Woman next year.

And I'm going to say I haven't been very interested in Tamaki's run either.

If she takes over, I hoping Jones does a good job of establishing the present day version of Yara, but also doesn't neglect Diana or her preexisting supporting characters while doing so.
    Deadline accidentally leaked it, which is why she posted that tweet - there'll be a Wonder Girl comic. She isn't taking over Wonder Woman.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Deadline accidentally leaked it, which is why she posted that tweet - there'll be a Wonder Girl comic. She isn't taking over Wonder Woman.
    And who is going to write the Wonder Woman comic, still tamaki?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I'm somwhat inclined to think that Deadline may have made few errors. While I can see Yara getting a spinoff, since they are signs they're making a push for her, I think it would be better her to be established with a solid connection to Diana first, then spun out into her own book. So I see them first doing a arc at least with Diana meeting and interacting with the South American Amazon tribe and Yara. I'd also like them to have Yara interact with not just Diana, but also her predecessors as Wonder Girl, Donna and Cassie, and for Cassie to be set up with a new identity and direction before Yara starts using the Wonder Girl name. Basically take the time to set everything up properly, instead of trying to rush right into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’m really hoping Jones takes over. The book sorely needs her caliber of talent for this book. It’d be a dream if she and Orlando were co-writers.
    I guess if we’re talking writers, I think Simon Spurrier would be interesting. He wrote a decent Wonder Woman-centric JL arc recently.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    And who is going to write the Wonder Woman comic, still tamaki?
    I saw a solicit for a collection of Tamaki’s 11 issues called “Lords and Liars” on Amazon. Taylor’s Suicide Squad was also 11 issues and he’s moving on, maybe Tamaki is too. That she hasn’t said she’s leaving makes me think she’s sticking around.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I saw a solicit for a collection of Tamaki’s 11 issues called “Lords and Liars” on Amazon. Taylor’s Suicide Squad was also 11 issues and he’s moving on, maybe Tamaki is too. That she hasn’t said she’s leaving makes me think she’s sticking around.
    I love the name of the collection. I wish the stories that accompanied that title were as good. Doesn't D.C. usually wait until around solicitation time to announce if there is a new writer?