Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default So...were can the franchise go from here?

Even if Mark Waid ends up being the writer...were can we go from here?

Bruh you really made your post into its own thread?

What are you asking specifically? There’s lots of directions it can go. They can undo everything and go back to Superdad living on the farm, having his kid call him “sir”, and going on field trips to D.C. They can continue to keep Clark outed and just roll with Superman no longer having a secret identity, focus on Clark building up the United Planets. They could kill Clark off and have Kenan, Jon, or Kon take over as Superman. They can do a half measure and pick and chose what to keep like DC loves to do, undoing the reveal and deaging Jon but keeping everything else. They can revamp Superman’s villains, or shut down the Daily Planet, or do literally anything. What are you looking for exactly?

Prime asks a question I think more than a few fans are asking right now. In my case, I am asking if of everything DC. As for where it can go, I suppose anywhere especially now that the haters among TPTB are gone and they are actually planning to use the hypertime concept.

Where would I like to see them go?

I would like to see the exploration of alternative continuation of things like New Krypton. I suppose they could have a verse dedicated to the future state to continue this era of cosmic doorknobs and clarkless SuperDad. But it really will be more about anthology like collections of separate, disparate yarns that have nothing to do with one another.

So that means we can follow a fully realized, fully powered version of Superman in a high concept sort of verse. And we can check in on all the others.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

The franchise can really go anywhere, there isn't much continuity to be bound by i recent rumors are ture. Hard to really speculate at the moment.

After Bendis there's no where to go but up i mean the now is already trash can't possibly get much worse

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I vote for "heroin addicted jazz singer". Shake things up a bit.
    Assassinate Putin!

BANNED

I vote for sent into another world and went on adventure with dumb goddess, explosion maniac, and masochist.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Laufeyson View Post
    I vote for sent into another world and went on adventure with dumb goddess, explosion maniac, and masochist.
    That's a reference to something I don't recognize, isn't it?
    Assassinate Putin!

Honestly I think if anything from the Bendis run has an indication of what to do in the future, it’s the super family and the United Planets. Superman’s identity is already fully out there and is acknowledged as representative of earth, so run with that.

Have Superman deal with cosmic politics and other races as he attempts to build towards the future with the Legion of Superheroes he knows from his childhood, in other words he’s aware of the future and his dream is to get the universe there but that comes with a lot of trials and complications, such as warring species, various lantern corps, the new planet Kryptonite run by Zod, and etc. I’m thinking Lois would go with him and be a united planets news correspondent to earth.

Now that draws into question if he’s out in space whose protecting earth? Well first Superman can still make it back to earth because of either his speed or what I can only assume is some Justice League transportation but just in case the Super-family is on the patrol. Run by Steel (John Irons) and Supergirl they lead Natasha Irons, Conner Kent, Jon Kent, Krypto, and maybe even some of the others like Kenan Kong or some other multiversal Supermen that operate as a team that switches in for Superman while he’s away on business.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    That's a reference to something I don't recognize, isn't it?
    Yep. You can search 'dumb goddess, explosion maniac, and masochist' on google and I am sure you will find it immediately. But, in seriousness. I think it's supposed to be a new era for Superman. Now, his secret is out, he is exiled to another planet, and his son is Superman is bottled city. Maybe this is time to set up the Legion of Superheroes from his cosmic adventures and politic. It's also time for Superman to learn the big picture of the cosmic DC universe and guide them to form the intergalactic council.

I don't know, it might be a good timing for that.

Jon role I think is supposed to be setting up the new El dynasty with upholding Superman's legacy on Earth. But... I don't know, to be honest I don't really care about his book the most, because it feels like the weakest of all Future State Superman books.
    Last edited by Laufeyson; 11-18-2020 at 12:27 AM.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Yep. You can search 'dumb goddess, explosion maniac, and masochist' on google and I am sure you will find it immediately. But, in seriousness. I think it's supposed to be a new era for Superman. Now, his secret is out, he is exiled to another planet, and his son is Superman is bottled city. Maybe this is time to set up the Legion of Superheroes from his cosmic adventures and politic. It's also time for Superman to learn the big picture of the cosmic DC universe and guide them to form the intergalactic council.

I don't know, it might be a good timing for that.

Jon role I think is supposed to be setting up the new El dynasty with upholding Superman's legacy on Earth. But... I don't know, to be honest I don't really care about his book the most, because it feels like the weakest of all Future State Superman books.
    There's something I don't want in my search history. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    The franchise can really go anywhere, there isn't much continuity to be bound by i recent rumors are ture. Hard to really speculate at the moment.
    Wait what do you mean?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Wait what do you mean?
    There is a rumor that DC will abandon shared continuity and play more into individual hero continuity.

There is a rumor that DC will abandon shared continuity and play more into individual hero continuity.
    Doesn't that meant that the last 30 years have been pointless?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Doesn't that meant that the last 30 years have been pointless?
    That's... I don't know. Bleeding Cool reported that the continuities will be divided into omniversal where each heroes will have their own universe with their own continuities. So in the most optimistic way of thinking there might be a new set of universe that will be appeared that DC will focus on leaving the shared universe behind, or in the worst case, it will be a hard reboot in the same vein as the Flashpoint.