Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Man, I'll say it. I don't care for the Superman 2000 pitch. I know a lot of guys enjoy it, but I remember not being sold last I read it and I don't know if time would have sweetened it. Hopefully the direction Waid goes in, should the rumors be true, isn't that.

And no divorce. Please. Superman ending up with Lois Lane is the most forgone conclusion in superhero comics. If they're just going to return to the classic setup that's just more harm than good at this point. I'm fine with it in adaptions or other stories, but I just infinitely prefer them married.
    Where did you find the pitch in order to read it? That is pretty amazing! I have always wanted to know what it was about

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Mainline Superman? No. He’ll be married and a dad going forward. But they could do stories set outside of Earth 0 that star unmarried versions of Superman.
    We have Earth One. And there are 2 versions of Superbro around.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Where did you find the pitch in order to read it? That is pretty amazing! I have always wanted to know what it was about
    Here you go: https://sites.google.com/site/deepsp...-2000-proposal
    Really wish there were more pitch documents to read out there.

Thanks! Will dive in!!

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Man, they are right on the money with their assessment of the living Kents.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Mainline Superman? No. He’ll be married and a dad going forward. But they could do stories set outside of Earth 0 that star unmarried versions of Superman.
    I suspect that if Waid is indeed writing a Superman book, it'll be one set in the past that, thanks to the more relaxed continuity, will be able to largely do its own thing without having to worry about matching up exactly with whatever is going on in the present day.

Waid was doing a chronological re-read of Superman's entire life, after all...

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Man, they are right on the money with their assessment of the living Kents.
    Yep a lot of their assessments of the weak points of the franchise still hold true imo. Their proposed changes may not have fixed things, but the willingness to tackle head on a lot of the common criticisms is something I approve of. Not every complaint about Supes has merit (hell most are clearly the opinions of people who have never read any Superman comics and never will no matter what you do), but some are worth assessing and addressing.

Astonishing Member

The irony of this thread is that it's mainly people asking to return to the status quo's of the last 25+ years. It reminds me of when I was first getting into Superman because back then the consensus was that Superman worked better as an out of continuity character precisely because Superman was contained with a very strict parameters of what he could and couldn't do. Made any type of real storytelling sort of moot.

I think the best route might be to just have Post-Crisis Superman be the bound Superman and then have another Superman be the one with potential and freedom to actually stretch his legs.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Some of it was yaaaaaaaaayyyyyy like letting him have his intellect and tinkerer traits again. Others not so much--I never want to see another I-am-Jesus bit ever again
    Last edited by Stanlos; 11-24-2020 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I suspect that if Waid is indeed writing a Superman book, it'll be one set in the past that, thanks to the more relaxed continuity, will be able to largely do its own thing without having to worry about matching up exactly with whatever is going on in the present day.

Waid was doing a chronological re-read of Superman's entire life, after all...
    I feel as though Waid be a writer that is accepting of Jon. I mean he was the one who wrote Wally West with his kids and wife, so I could definitely see him on board for writing Clark, Lois, and Jon as a family.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I feel as though Waid be a writer that is accepting of Jon. I mean he was the one who wrote Wally West with his kids and wife, so I could definitely see him on board for writing Clark, Lois, and Jon as a family.
    He was not a fan of the Clark-Lois marriage way back when he was writing Wally, but perhaps that’s changed. However a writer may support one character being in a committed relationship, but not another. I’ve never heard of any serious attempt over at Marvel to break up Reed & Sue but man did they want the Peter/MJ marriage gone almost from the moment they let the two exchange vows.

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    The irony of this thread is that it's mainly people asking to return to the status quo's of the last 25+ years. It reminds me of when I was first getting into Superman because back then the consensus was that Superman worked better as an out of continuity character precisely because Superman was contained with a very strict parameters of what he could and couldn't do. Made any type of real storytelling sort of moot.

I think the best route might be to just have Post-Crisis Superman be the bound Superman and then have another Superman be the one with potential and freedom to actually stretch his legs.
    I feel like something like this might be for the best actually

There’s the Man of Tomorrow book, but I’m guessing you guys want something like the Ultimate/Earth One books where it’s the ongoing adventures of a new Superman starting from scratch. I don’t know if we’ll get that given the emphasis on brand synergy going forward.

Isn't continuity going to be a bit more transparent now?

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Isn't continuity going to be a bit more transparent now?
    We don’t know. Quite a few people think if Waid gets the books, one will be set in the “present” and one will be set in the past with a pre-marriage Superman. That would work fine for me. But DC made a big deal of “fluid continuity” with DC You and all that happened was Johns ignored all the stuff with Supes getting de powered and BatGordan.