Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    There’s the Man of Tomorrow book, but I’m guessing you guys want something like the Ultimate/Earth One books where it’s the ongoing adventures of a new Superman starting from scratch. I don’t know if we’ll get that given the emphasis on brand synergy going forward.
    I'm still hopeful they realize that the digital market is a place that they can and should utilize stuff that doesn't have to fall into a brand synergy. There's no loss in advertising that brand synergy in your main line place but not outside of that. There's no reason you can't achieve both things, so it'd be a damn shame if even the digital stuff all had synergy edicts.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

if Superman is getting more cosmic, I'd like more Green Lantern crossovers. They already share a lot of villains plus what if Clark's new alien alliance comes in conflict with the Guardians? Lots of possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I'm still hopeful they realize that the digital market is a place that they can and should utilize stuff that doesn't have to fall into a brand synergy. There's no loss in advertising that brand synergy in your main line place but not outside of that. There's no reason you can't achieve both things, so it'd be a damn shame if even the digital stuff all had synergy edicts.
    Hah you may get your wish but don’t be surprised if it’s Jon they use as the “Superman” of the digital line. I’m expecting Future State to continue as a digital imprint if aspects of it are received well.

Or it could be another way...they could go with my line of thinking, but at the same time not give the specific stuff I'm looking for. That's a possibility too and just the way of things. I am also expecting, if it does decently, for Future State to find a home there. But even then there's still room for other stuff. Again, whether its stuff I'm in specific looking for? I don't know, but I remain hopeful. If there's the possibility of at least three different versions of Jon from the way some of you guys theorize, then there sure as hell should be room for more versions of the main guy.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 11-24-2020 at 12:46 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Is new 52 Superman still alive right?

I guess technically? A version of his year one self is supposed to be roaming around, then according to Doomsday Clock there's a New 52 specific Earth out there. Neither really means anything till utilized though.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I guess technically? A version of his year one self is supposed to be roaming around, then according to Doomsday Clock there's a New 52 specific Earth out there. Neither really means anything till utilized though.
    Yup, there are infinite versions of Superman right now, one of them is the rough n' tumble Jeans & T-Shirt Superman hopping around the Multiverse, and there's another one on Earth-52 and more.

All of them existing in the limbo of our imaginations until someone takes them out of the toy box again.

So from the synopsis it sounds like New Kryptonian trades will have Superman off on New Krypton while a bunch of other heroes are active in a number of other places to be featured in the main books. For those that want a Superman on Warworld style Supes or Supes out in the cosmos, do you feel that having Peege and Supergirl handle Metropolis and League duties will be a path to success? Also, do you think it was successful for New Kryptonian when it was out?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    So from the synopsis it sounds like New Kryptonian trades will have Superman off on New Krypton while a bunch of other heroes are active in a number of other places to be featured in the main books. For those that want a Superman on Warworld style Supes or Supes out in the cosmos, do you feel that having Peege and Supergirl handle Metropolis and League duties will be a path to success? Also, do you think it was successful for New Kryptonian when it was out?
    Is this upcoming books or...?

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Yup, there are infinite versions of Superman right now, one of them is the rough n' tumble Jeans & T-Shirt Superman hopping around the Multiverse, and there's another one on Earth-52 and more.

All of them existing in the limbo of our imaginations until someone takes them out of the toy box again.
    I honestly like that version of Superman best at least to start out with

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

The N52 version also appeared in a couple issues of Sideways a couple years back, in all his jeans and cape glory. Think it was #9 and Annual #1.