Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    With Yara around I might as well say good bye to having Maria Mendoza in continuity. Guessing Yara is getting powers from the Mayan gods/goddesses considering her amazon tribes location. Hoping she was a full grown woman at this point so Cassie can keep the wondergirl title, though its not like she did much with it in recent times.

So we have Diana, Donna, Nubia, Peng, and Yara as the "amazon round table" so to speak with Cassie as the youngest member/trainee.
    no, Yara is wonderwoman of the future which means she is an up coming wonder girl, near jon kents age putting cassie at middle child status

Time for Cassie to retire. They never really knew what to do with her.

BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

I actually wish Phil Jimenez wrote and illustrated a tale that united Diana, Donna, Cassie, Nubia, Peng, Flor, and Maria. Maybe it's time to revamp/resurrect the Adjudicator!!!

With Yara around I might as well say good bye to having Maria Mendoza in continuity. Guessing Yara is getting powers from the Mayan gods/goddesses considering her amazon tribes location.
    Maria Mendoza's powers come from the Incan gods, not the Mayan.
    Last edited by FutureWonder; 11-19-2020 at 02:31 AM.

With Yara around I might as well say good bye to having Maria Mendoza in continuity. Guessing Yara is getting powers from the Mayan gods/goddesses considering her amazon tribes location. Hoping she was a full grown woman at this point so Cassie can keep the wondergirl title, though its not like she did much with it in recent times.

So we have Diana, Donna, Nubia, Peng, and Yara as the "amazon round table" so to speak with Cassie as the youngest member/trainee.
    The Amazon rainforest has nothing to do with the Maya. Way too far south for that.

Also considering the timeline of future state, Yara now should be younger or around the same age as Cassie. But most likely younger.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    It matches the feathers of the Brazilian Teal, which is a bird that I’m assuming is where they’re getting the color combo from.
    Attachment 102411
    Thank you! I tried imagining the teal parts white but it didn't get more Wonderiffic, but like a Jr. Power Girl with stars and a double-W covering the window.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    The same can be said for just about every Wonder Woman character, most especially Diana herself.

I think it's less not knowing what to do with her and more just not doing anything with her. Did we really need an out-of-continuity digital series to get a team-up between Wonder Woman and Wonder Girl?
    Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    The Amazon rainforest has nothing to do with the Maya. Way too far south for that.

Also considering the timeline of future state, Yara now should be younger or around the same age as Cassie. But most likely younger.
    Jon and Damian's ages have been all over the place that I'm not sure that could be an accurate barometer.

Of that entire gen, only Kon has that easy “hook” that helps explain why he should stick around. All of them got really screwed over with the New 52.
    Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    The teal is throwing the whole costume off and making it look decidedly non-Wonderiffic, with a different color combination I'd like it more.
    I actually like specifically because it’s not something you’d see the other Wonders wear. It helps give her a unique identity imo.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The same can be said for just about every Wonder Woman character, most especially Diana herself.
    Diana will never go away like bruce

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Of that entire gen, only Kon has that easy “hook” that helps explain why he should stick around. All of them got really screwed over with the New 52.
    Have them all be college freshman age now and have them all move in together under one household as they try superheroing and getting a degree. Kon would live them but not go to college, but have a job locally.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Have them all be college freshman age now and have them all move in together under one household as they try superheroing and getting a degree. Kon would live them but not go to college, but have a job locally.
    So the new New Teen Titans ?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So the new New Teen Titans ?
    Basically but now in the 2020s.

But the 80s Titans, aside from Jason Todd, didn’t have younger replacements already taking over their roles. Tim’s generation has to deal with adults who won’t retire (Bruce’s Generation), younger adults who already went through a lot and still in their prime (Dick’s generation), and the younger generation who’s hypothetically made them obsolete (Damien’s generation).

But they’re still not the dark outsider’s (Jason’s group).
    Last edited by Will Evans; 11-19-2020 at 11:25 AM.

Incredible Member

I guess we'll have as many Wondergirls as we have Superboys & Robins.

Wondergirls: Diana, Donna, Cassie, Yara

Superboys: Kal-el, Connor, Jonathan, Superboy Prime

Robins: Dick, Jason, Tim, Stephanie, Carrie, Damian

Am I missing any of note?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    This would imply that DC continuity is a straight line with some minor bumps vs the squiggly doodles I'd drawn during math class.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

I'm excited for Yara, don't misunderstand me, but I do think that having her as a new wondergirl posses more issues that open up even more issues to deal with. Like she hasn't even been in a book yet. I'm guessing she gets her powers from Incan Gods (not Mayan, my bad about that).The only connection to Diana is the fact she is (probably?) from the 3rd lost tribe of the amazons. Cassie and Donna are already underutilized, now they might as well disappear. Donna's place in the mythos is a whole other problem itself tbh.

Like I already have a problem with the absolute laziness that is slapping "of China" to Wonder Woman and giving it to Peng because the creator couldn't take one extra step to give any of his characters moderately different hero names.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor