Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So she wasn't raised as an Amazon up until she discovered her true origin?
    Joelle actually announced that she was raised in america before Future State came out. I forget which interview though.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    The issue I have is what about Cassie and Donna. They are a miss and don't have a connection with Diana. So I hope this will be fix
    Cassie does have a connection - she's Diana's niece - Zeus is Diana's Dad and Cassie's Granddad. And if they revert to Donna's original origin, she's Diana's adopted sister. Yara's the one without a direct connection to Diana.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I think being an amazon is a connect right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Cassie does have a connection - she's Diana's niece - Zeus is Diana's Dad and Cassie's Granddad. And if they revert to Donna's original origin, she's Diana's adopted sister. Yara's the one without a direct connection to Diana.
    BY that it's that they don't have a familial connection. I don't mean blood rather their relationship is weak. We don't get to see many crossovers with them. Aren't they also sisters since they share the same dad? Cassie is still Zeus's daughter or is that changed?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

The DC Universe has never had an Amazon from the Amazon before.

But in all seriousness....I think I liked the idea of her growing up in the Amazon better...but as long as its a good story for her not being raised with her tribe, I can deal with it.

The issue I have is what about Cassie and Donna. They are a miss and don't have a connection with Diana. So I hope this will be fix
    Apparently they wont be that important not as if they've ever been treated as such anyway. "Already, Yara is an outlier, coming from a legacy of female characters who have been poorly served by the continuity churn of long-running comic book universes. " But maybe they can be guest stars to help merge the the Amazon Amazons with the Themiscryian Amazons. Though knowing DC they will make sure more than ever to keep them away.

Astonishing Member

BY that it's that they don't have a familial connection. I don't mean blood rather their relationship is weak. We don't get to see many crossovers with them. Aren't they also sisters since they share the same dad? Cassie is still Zeus's daughter or is that changed?
    Cassie is currently Zeus's grandaughter. So, Cassie is Diana's niece.

So far reading the AMA they will at least appear. I just feel like Dc needs to stop making new characters for Diana. They could have used Cassie or Donna for Wonder Woman but had to make Yara. But I guess it's because Rucka did want to go to the Amazon. It was hinted at in his run

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

So far reading the AMA they will at least appear. I just feel like Dc needs to stop making new characters for Diana. They could have used Cassie or Donna for Wonder Woman but had to make Yara. But I guess it's because Rucka did want to go to the Amazon. It was hinted at in his run
    It was Orlando's run that hinted at the Amazon, not Rucka's.

Cassie or Donna not being used as Wonder Woman probably has to do with 5G leftovers and Didio hating existing legacy characters.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Uncolored cover to #1:

So I guess she's not that much younger in the present. I guess about Jon's current age.

They join Garth, Lilith, and Tim in the hole. They’ll still probably get used but just like how Garth and Tim were pushed aside by their successors, Cassie and Donna are going to get overshadowed easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    They join Garth, Lilith, and Tim in the hole. They’ll still probably get used but just like how Garth and Tim were pushed aside by their successors, Cassie and Donna are going to get overshadowed easily.
    Tim's got a video game and Titans appearance coming up at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Tim's got a video game and Titans appearance coming up at least.
    Yep but he’s Robin in both of those which pretty perfectly illustrates his problem: People only like Tim as Robin. He hasn’t found any success beyond that role like Dick and Jason have, and Damian is too popular to be pushed out of the role in the comics arena.

The same may hold true for Cassie, I mean Donna certainly hasn’t achieved any success once she gave up being Wonder Girl.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

The thing about it is that Donna probably has a decent home because she's already an iconic character on her own and a member of the Titans. She's featuring in a television show in a fairly notable position. She'll be fine regardless.

It's Cassie that I'm worried about, she's been damaged since the New 52 or beforehand and was never able to really grow beyond the idea of Wonder Girl. And I don't think that's going to really be addressed decently for a while.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Yeah, with Yara even getting a TV show, Cassie's going to need a new codename if she has any hope of staying in the limelight. Unfortunately, she's likely heading for limbo instead.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman