Default No one covers the waterfront(s) in Gotham City. (SPOILERS for Icarus and City of Crime)

SPOILERS for Icarus and City of Crime

Waterfront development projects that promise profitable returns for investors as they pay lip service to helping the impoverished of Gotham City? Boasting, among other attractions, an aquarium? A questionable investment, it seems, as one discovers while reading both City of Crime (2005-2006) and Icarus.

I don't know why I'm so fixated on this little detail that I'm poring over maps of Gotham, trying to find out whether the waterfront project in City of Crime is also in the East End like in Icarus. It could be, since both are in economically depressed areas, but then again, Bruce Wayne owns the waterfront in Icarus but not in City of Crime. This is why he's able to make a deal with Elena Aguila in the first issue of Icarus but attending a party for investors in City of Crime causes a stir, since the investors who are there resent his refusal to do put in money in the reclamation project.

BANNED

In Batman Incorporated/Leviathan/Batman and Robin, Bruce revealed his program of buying up the slum areas in older Gotham to restore them. He probably bought that property as part of the program. He basically owns all the bad parts of town, now.

Talia was trying to do the same thing, but to use them as hideouts to infiltrate Gotham City.

Thanks for reminding me about that. I can't believe I forgot about it!