Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

I like Spencer, but even I have to admit, that he has problems with decompression. We are getting not only standard issues, but even LR ones. I can't imagine what it would be like, if all of this story would play in regular ASM.

I do still wonder if OMD will get acknowledged / Reversed etc. I hope it's not going to be just a reference here and there. I can't see myself reading the title after such teasing. I would feel like a fool for believing in Spencer.

Hope that's not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    Lol The problem is that we have that hope for some answers for a pretty long time now.

As far as your thoughts on OMD go, I agree. I don’t think “Last Remains” will undo it but rather just make Peter aware of it.....hopefully. One thing that has been on my mind lately is, if OMD is addressed which it seems like it is then the marriage has to be addressed as well. If that’s the case, then what “logical” reason is there be for Peter/MJ to not just get married again?
    Easy Aunt May is the whole reason this happen her life is more important than the marriage
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Amazing Member

Severe disappointment.

This is moving at a snails pace. You could have literally blended last issue and this one together. Too short of a read. What really happened in this issue? I can’t believe how quickly my excitement for this arc as disappeared. Maybe Spencer does read better in trade because this is just too slow.

Why hype up the issue and falsely advertise this issue as this brutal fight?

Anyway I know some people are going to claim this is great epic writing. If you enjoy it, I’m glad. Just not my cup of tea. This entire Kindred situation has dragged on way too long.

Bagley was great but that goes without saying. I’m really hoping we get some type of answers next issue and this arc at least wraps up nicely.
    Agree. I'm losing it fast for this story. I read this in 5 minutes and hte last issue in 5 minutes. C'mon. To revisit OMD and not nail the execution thus far is a big big miss. Spencer has to nail the rest of this. I have faith!

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Easy Aunt May is the whole reason this happen her life is more important than the marriage
    The life of a woman who has cheated death multiple times and is barely in the title anymore isn’t more important then my boy putting a ring on MJs finger.

MJ> wheat cakes.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    Actually i am just tired of waiting for answers specifically regarding Kindred/Harry. I couldn't care less about OMD at this point. Waiting two years for a story that includes issues being read in under 5 minutes at the price which they cost and still not getting decent answers is just super annoying. What also pisses me off is had Slott written this issue, everyone and their mother would be complaining that Slott sucks and he would receive death threats. But for whatever reason people here still go on with that weirdness that Spencer is "god" or whatever and that adds to annoyance level of having to read these issues.
    I've been disappointed overall with Spender's run. I agree with everything you're saying. For me, Last Remains is certainly more interesting because of the OMD stuff but if you take OMD off the table, Last Remains is the conclusion to this 2+ year-50-ssue-$200+ investment to this point in Spencer's time with ASM. Nail it Spencer. C'mon...

The life of a woman who has cheated death multiple times and is barely in the title anymore isn’t more important then my boy putting a ring on MJs finger.

MJ> wheat cakes.
    then why do the deal in the first place

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

I never thought I'd compare Spencer to Bendis in terms of his arcs reading much better together than issue-by-issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I never thought I'd compare Spencer to Bendis in terms of his arcs reading much better together than issue-by-issue.
    Even Bendis had cool stuff happening in each issue even if it was decompressed. This was just boring with stuff we already knew.

Astonishing Member

MJ> wheat cakes.
    I hope you’re this sacrificing with your own kids then.

BANNED

Spencer's issues can be dense and deep. Like the finale of SINS RISING, ASM#850 and 851 were dense as hell.

Then he just decompresses like this, and it's bizarre.

As for OMD and so on...I don't see Spencer doing that all at a go. He wants to drag out the drama and emotions. So it could be having Peter remember the marriage and deal, coping with the fallout from that, and based on who else remembers the earlier world and reality and so on, that might set the ball rolling.

The main thing I liked about the flashback and Bagley's art is that it's basically mocking and insulting the original and expresses subjectively how readers felt about that and contrasting that against the intended meaning at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I hope you’re this sacrificing with your own kids then.
    Depends on what day you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Spencer's issues can be dense and deep. Like the finale of SINS RISING, ASM#850 and 851 were dense as hell.

As for OMD and so on...I don't see Spencer doing that all at a go. He wants to drag out the drama and emotions. So it could be having Peter remember the marriage and deal, coping with the fallout from that, and based on who else remembers the earlier world and reality and so on, that might set the ball rolling.

The main thing I liked about the flashback and Bagley's art is that it's basically mocking and insulting the original and expresses subjectively how readers felt about that and contrasting that against the intended meaning at the time.
    I'll give you that; it was pretty interesting to see the story play out pretty much the same but now it's a hell for Peter, not a haven.

So it's pretty clear they're not reversing OMD, but if they at least make Peter responsible for it, even this padding will be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post

I’m wondering how this story will read once it’s all out in one sitting? Right now decompressing is definitely hurting it but I felt that Hunted was average. Then I re read it all in one sitting and ended up really liking it.

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    So it's pretty clear they're not reversing OMD, but if they at least make Peter responsible for it, even this padding will be worth it.
    Yeah him and Mj accepted it so they need to learn the errors of their ways