Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Default Amazing Spider-Man 53 Discussion

Lots of hints and teases that at this point it can’t NOT be interested.
    “GOTCHA” is such a good way to reveal yourself. It’s becoming quite clear which is Spencer’s favourite era of Spider-Man. Excited where we go from here. Doesnt feel like we will defeat Kindred at all during Last Remains with only 2 to go.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    “GOTCHA” is such a good way to reveal yourself. It’s becoming quite clear which is Spencer’s favourite era of Spider-Man. Excited where we go from here. Doesnt feel like we will defeat Kindred at all during Last Remains with only 2 to go.
    I'm not sure, honestly. The face revealed is Norman's or Harry's, because it looks like old enough to be Norman.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Lucky sod getting to read it so soon. Gotcha is a callback to Pete's parents as robots, right?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I'm not sure, honestly. The face revealed is Norman's or Harry's, because it looks like old enough to be Norman.
    It's Harry. He's almost identical to the "Harry" that was at the party after OMD.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    Lucky sod getting to read it so soon. Gotcha is a callback to Pete's parents as robots, right?
    He used "Gotcha" in SSM 189 and the video at the end of Pursuit. Not sure if there are more uses
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

Meh. This was touted as Spidey's most brutal fight, and maybe someone will argue on an emotional level it was, but not me. Honestly felt like another filler issue from Spencer.

BANNED

This feels Decompressed.

Jesus this is crawling. At least this pretty much confirm that Peter is gonna learn something about OMD, also my theory of Peter knowing deep down that Kindred was Harry was correct, so kuudos.

But man, this feel very blatanly dragged, that pay off better be worth it.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

This is stupid; another issue read in under 5 minutes. What the **** is going on, Spence? This is getting ridiculous. It's like they stretched this out to be six issues when it could have been four.

Other than that, I love the artwork. Bagley seems to be back in his prime with this issue.

Wasn't expecting spoilers:
    Kindred's demon face to be a mask; which proves that this is indeed BND Harry that we've seen for 10 years...wonder how Spencer will reconcile the great character development that Harry is gotten with relegating back to a villain
    end of spoilers

Either way, this story is...not what I expected for "Last Remains", and with two issues left, I can't help but feel disappointed that not only did the solicits lie, but the story itself is moving at a snail's pace with no clear goal. Is it addressing OMD? Maybe. Is Peter finding out who Kindred is? Maybe. Is this going to solve everything? Probably not.

I think this story would have worked so much better if Kindred was Pre-OMD Peter: the impact would have been so much stronger in my opinion.

Ultimate Member

Can someone please confirm who Kindred is? Comics being comics, and the appearance of the two suspects, makes it kinda hard to know for sure

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Can someone please confirm who Kindred is? Comics being comics, and the appearance of the two suspects, makes it kinda hard to know for sure
    It’s Harry.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    He used "Gotcha" in SSM 189 and the video at the end of Pursuit. Not sure if there are more uses
    Thank you.

Astonishing Member

That shot of Harry and Carlie at the party, looking evil, I can't help to see thats how I always viewed Carlie lol, and maybe she's in on this?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    That shot of Harry and Carlie at the party, looking evil, I can't help to see thats how I always viewed Carlie lol, and maybe she's in on this?
    That entire replay of the OMD epilogue is basically redone to convey how readers felt as opposed to how that scene was originally intended. That part was master-level trolling on Spencer's part.

It's just that it's kind of weird to hang the entire issue around that.

Severe disappointment.

This is moving at a snails pace. You could have literally blended last issue and this one together. Too short of a read. What really happened in this issue? I can’t believe how quickly my excitement for this arc as disappeared. Maybe Spencer does read better in trade because this is just too slow.

Why hype up the issue and falsely advertise this issue as this brutal fight?

Anyway I know some people are going to claim this is great epic writing. If you enjoy it, I’m glad. Just not my cup of tea. This entire Kindred situation has dragged on way too long.

Bagley was great but that goes without saying. I’m really hoping we get some type of answers next issue and this arc at least wraps up nicely.