Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
This.

I’m far from anti Spencer and I’m fully anti Slott, but I agree with what you are saying. For someone to say that the reason for the hate is that OMD hasnt been resolved yet is simplifying the problem. Yes that’s definitely one of the issues bothering some of us, but the main problem is just how much this story has dragged on without any concrete answers. You could remove the Covid situation that put everything on pause for months and it would still feel too long.

There’s just to constant dance of “I have answers but wait for next issue” going on and frankly it’s just run it’s course now.
It's funny because when Spencer was writing Captain America, everyone wanted him removed from the books and plenty were sending death threats. I read the series and I enjoyed it because I knew that there was no way on hell Marvel would ever allow that reveal to stick - especially with how popular the movies were at the time. So my thought was "this was last so why the hate and why should i be mad?"

My issue with the Kindred reveal is that long arcs such as this almost always fall flat. Some people here are pissed off that Kindred is pre OMD Peter. Some are pissed off that it's Harry. Some are pissed off for whatever other reason. I am pissed off that i am dropping 4 dollars (plus tax) on a comic that I can read in 5 minutes and still think "okay so what are the answers?" And I lived through several long running mastermind stories such as the 90's clone saga and the fake Green Goblin from 1998/1999 that was a "genetic construct" that amounted to nothing. Again, i couldn't care less about OMD anymore just explain Harry's situation over the last 10 ears without dragging it.