Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    Severe disappointment.

This is moving at a snails pace. You could have literally blended last issue and this one together. Too short of a read. What really happened in this issue? I can’t believe how quickly my excitement for this arc as disappeared. Maybe Spencer does read better in trade because this is just too slow.

Why hype up the issue and falsely advertise this issue as this brutal fight?

Anyway I know some people are going to claim this is great epic writing. If you enjoy it, I’m glad. Just not my cup of tea. This entire Kindred situation has dragged on way too long.

Bagley was great but that goes without saying. I’m really hoping we get some type of answers next issue and this arc at least wraps up nicely.
    Thank you. I absolutely agree.

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    This is stupid; another issue read in under 5 minutes. What the **** is going on, Spence? This is getting ridiculous. It's like they stretched this out to be six issues when it could have been four.

Other than that, I love the artwork. Bagley seems to be back in his prime with this issue.

Wasn't expecting spoilers:
    Kindred's demon face to be a mask; which proves that this is indeed BND Harry that we've seen for 10 years...wonder how Spencer will reconcile the great character development that Harry is gotten with relegating back to a villain
    end of spoilers

Either way, this story is...not what I expected for "Last Remains", and with two issues left, I can't help but feel disappointed that not only did the solicits lie, but the story itself is moving at a snail's pace with no clear goal. Is it addressing OMD? Maybe. Is Peter finding out who Kindred is? Maybe. Is this going to solve everything? Probably not.

I think this story would have worked so much better if Kindred was Pre-OMD Peter: the impact would have been so much stronger in my opinion.
    Literally took the words out of my mouth with how I’m feeling. Couldn’t agree more. The entire concept would have hitter harder and had more emotional kick if this has been a PreOMD Peter doing all this.

Aunt May is immortal looking like a 80 year old women here. I bet you this issue would be liked more if we never learn Harry reveal previously but since this is for Peter not us. Now the question is what to do with this. And its really looking like Harry is still got feelings for Mj cause he is trying hard to prevent Peter from reaching her but I dont get why though since she broke up with due to his drug stuff you would think he be butthurt about that though?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Fantastic Member

Huh, this really seems to be saying there arent any clone shenanigans or whatnot, BND Harry and Kindred are the same person. This chapter wouldve been nice if #50 hadn't already revealed it to be Harry, but it doesnt really add too much to the mystery of Kindred's plan or identity, outside confirmation this is related to OMD.

It's like I'm disappointed at the pace, but I'm very happy with the execution at the same time.

If I could think of what to change... I wouldn't, everything in the issue was perfect. I loved the revisit to end of OMD and how things were changed this time around and I loved the reveal. I mean I really can't complain about anything in the issue.

At the same time, I expected .... more? I feel the arc is crawling? I really do think this arc is for the trade. It's going to be cool in that form.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Aunt May is immortal looking like a 80 year old women here. I bet you this issue would be liked more if we never learn Harry reveal previously but since this is for Peter not us. Now the question is what to do with this. And its really looking like Harry is still got feelings for Mj cause he is trying hard to prevent Peter from reaching her but I dont get why though since she broke up with due to his drug stuff you would think he be butthurt about that though?
    This reveal for Peter would worked better had we as the reader weren’t exposed to it earlier...I agree with you on that. However that doesn’t fix the very evidently clear problem that Spencer is having by dragging this on. It’s just been going on for too long now. Add to that also that a lot of people weren’t blown away by the Harry reveal as Kindred to begin with. I’m still holding out some slight hope that Spencer will be able to wrap this up on a positive now...but these filler issues aren’t helping the cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkalamari View Post
    Huh, this really seems to be saying there arent any clone shenanigans or whatnot, BND Harry and Kindred are the same person.
    Yeah I know, this issue just raises more questions. I'm starting to wonder if the deal with Mephisto had Harry behind it. Or was it actually a deal with Harry. LOL.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Yeah I know, this issue just raises more questions. I'm starting to wonder if the deal with Mephisto had Harry behind it. Or was it actually a deal with Harry. LOL.
    The theory that Harry would become Mephisto’s bitch in exchange for taking away the marriage was a theory I had last month. Harry has always been jealous of Peter and blames him for everything ( even more then Norman ( let alone his own actions, such as taking drugs)). I am of the opinion that this story has gone on for far too long. That is especially true if OMD does not go away ( which I suspect will happen). Why do I feel that way? Spencer seems to love JMS and that includes his nightmare stories: Shed, Sins Past, The Other and of course, OMD. I am still of the opinion that OMD finally goes away in Amazing 1000 and I guarantee I will not be waiting that long to see it finally go.
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 11-18-2020 at 07:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    This reveal for Peter would worked better had we as the reader weren’t exposed to it earlier...I agree with you on that. However that doesn’t fix the very evidently clear problem that Spencer is having by dragging this on. It’s just been going on for too long now. Add to that also that a lot of people weren’t blown away by the Harry reveal as Kindred to begin with. I’m still holding out some slight hope that Spencer will be able to wrap this up on a positive now...but these filler issues aren’t helping the cause.
    I mean people were theorizing the identity of Kindred anyway it doesnt matter who he is people would have been underwhelm anyways same with any other mystery in comics, manga, or stories. People complain he is dragging on the identity now that the identity is reveal people complain he is dragging the fight. I'm pretty sure whats next is taht people will complain that the resolution is also dragged too. Since now its looking Peter aint going to beat Harry in these next two issues. And from the looks of it people really just want to see IF Spencer or any writer can just fix/remove/address OMD which seems to be the source of all your guys hatred.

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    And from the looks of it people really just want to see IF Spencer or any writer can just fix/remove/address OMD which seems to be the source of all your guys hatred.
    Actually i am just tired of waiting for answers specifically regarding Kindred/Harry. I couldn't care less about OMD at this point. Waiting two years for a story that includes issues being read in under 5 minutes at the price which they cost and still not getting decent answers is just super annoying. What also pisses me off is had Slott written this issue, everyone and their mother would be complaining that Slott sucks and he would receive death threats. But for whatever reason people here still go on with that weirdness that Spencer is "god" or whatever and that adds to annoyance level of having to read these issues.

You all sure seem disappointed

So, no OMD acknowledgements yet? Didn't read the issue yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post

brand new day is reference which is related to OMD right?

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    Actually i am just tired of waiting for answers specifically regarding Kindred/Harry. I couldn't care less about OMD at this point. Waiting two years for a story that includes issues being read in under 5 minutes at the price which they cost and still not getting decent answers is just super annoying. What also pisses me off is had Slott written this issue, everyone and their mother would be complaining that Slott sucks and he would receive death threats. But for whatever reason people here still go on with that weirdness that Spencer is "god" or whatever and that adds to annoyance level of having to read these issues.
    This.

I’m far from anti Spencer and I’m fully anti Slott, but I agree with what you are saying. For someone to say that the reason for the hate is that OMD hasnt been resolved yet is simplifying the problem. Yes that’s definitely one of the issues bothering some of us, but the main problem is just how much this story has dragged on without any concrete answers. You could remove the Covid situation that put everything on pause for months and it would still feel too long.

There’s just to constant dance of “I have answers but wait for next issue” going on and frankly it’s just run it’s course now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post

Essentially another silent issue with barely any story progression at all. That’s what some of the disappointment is about. There were definitely some OMD references but...little to no answers at all again.

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    i barely see Spencer praise but you are correct about Dan Slott so ultimately the only good thing about spiderman comics is the past not the present?