Page 11 of 254 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
    Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by anthony_lynch15 View Post
    All New X-Factor is one of my top 3 comics at the moment!
    Great art, fantastic characters and interesting stories.
    Should you fancy doing one of your awesome summaries/interpretations we'll be here....

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Hound View Post
    Should you fancy doing one of your awesome summaries/interpretations we'll be here....
    This.
    This is a MUST, Anthony. We have missed your parodies! <3
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Aaaand, I'm back too. I was so worried when I logged on today and the old thread was gone! But nevermind, I'm super excited for vol #7 coming out next week!

Oh and PAD, if you're listening, thank you thank you THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH for bringing Doug and Warlock back! They are my favourites and I was over the moon when I found out they were back in an X-Team!

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    This.
    This is a MUST, Anthony. We have missed your parodies! <3
    LOL. Might throw up one of the summary/best bits for the occasional issue/arc.
    I've still been doing the occasional parody and throwing it up on my tumblr in amongst all the other funny comic book stuff I find.
    Maybe I'll start an X-Men humour thread for people to share any funny X-Men stuff they find or make.

Now back to All New X-Factor Appreciation......
    Trying to catch up on 2 years of Marvel comics.....
    Comic Book Parody - Funny comic book stuff.
    X-Men: Drama of the Atom - An unfinished Battle of the Atom parody.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post

Then there's the simple matter of freedom of speech. Boycotting work can seem like an attempt at forcing self-censorship. Yet at the same time, you can't really blame someone for not buying something they don't want or need. Orson Scott Card is within his rights to support whatever he wants to support, as are consumers. When it's this argument, it's a real slippery slope in both directions, and nobody will ever be "right." I wouldn't really blame any writer for taking Orson Scott Card's side here no matter what his personal politics are. I'm sure most writers wouldn't want to have the same thing happen to them over their own personal politics, or to encourage people to force all writers to fit whatever the majority deems "acceptable."

Anyway, I've said way too much about all that as it is, and I know the topic has been talked to death. I'm leaving it at that and not saying anything else on these subjects since I don't want to drag down the fun atmosphere we've had around here for the past couple days.
    Which is why I am glad PAD is letting people come to their own conclusions about that... at least in these preview pages, we will have to see what he does with the rest of the issue. I think it's something that is not easy to make blanket declarations about, it's something that has to be decided on a case by case basis... there are plenty of writers where I am aware that I disagree with them, sometimes quite strongly, on politics, or religion or whatever else, but they conduct themselves in a manner where that's not important to me enjoying their work. but there is a line, and it's hard to put into words exactly where the line is drawn, where it's just too much, they're so vocal about their beliefs, or (as is the case with Card) are active participants in what basically boil down to hate groups, that it taints my enjoyment of their work and I feel uncomfortable supporting them... so I don't.
    We'll see how Lorna acts following that page. Hopefully a bit closer to how she's been shown to act in the past when in similar situations. I do like that she notes how she wasn't exactly okay with the situation, and Lorna being a bit more subdued here makes perfect sense given Snow is in effect the team's owner. I'm not sure how well Pietro's views here match his character history, so I can't say anything about that.
    oh, I hope she DOES do something stupid, that's where I think we differ. I like when characters make mistakes and bad decisions, (as long as it remains within the bounds of their character, and personally, I think this is in character) it's part of why I liked the old X-Factor, the characters were flawed and sometimes made absolutely boneheaded decisions. That doesn't make them bad characters, or mean they are being treated badly, it makes them more real and it leads to some entertaining situations. In the case of Lorna, we are dealing with someone who has a long history of mental instability, most likely something similar to bipolar disorder, maybe with a side of PTSD, for which, to my knowledge, she has never received proper treatment because she is in denial about it. (they keep identifying a problem, maybe a session or two with someone, be it a therapist or a telepath mucking about in her head, but nothing is ever really done about it long term) Mental disorders like this don't just go away after talking to someone once, she needs medication and/or ongoing therapy, and until she does, she is particularly prone to rash decisions and outbursts. I actually hope that's where PAD is going with this, having her finally seek real help. But before that can happen, he has to show the problems, things have to go badly enough for her that she acknowledges the problem, not just try and put on a mask to hide it.

And hey, it's not like she will be alone in stupid decisions, Remy will be sleeping with the Snow's wife. Can't get much stupider than that, and he doesn't even have an excuse of mental problems, he's just being an idiot. He's still awesome, and so is Lorna.

I bet he sneaks into Gambit's room and cuddles the kitties and gives them treats on the sly. You'll just never see him do it.
    Pietro has exactly enough patience to rub all their bellies without getting clawed.

Pfft, I already suggested giving him a grasshopper before the forum reboot. You're too slow, Agent LeMan. TOO SLOW!
    Grasshoppers are excellent for scaring the crap out of Salvador Dali and for pretending that they're very old Greek men, but that's not going to get you internet love.

Pietro needs a turtle. That would be the perfect pet.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

Quote Originally Posted by Neko View Post
    That would be the most ironic pet for him. And I have thought of this before.
    It would agonize him.
    And that, in and of itself, would be the best thing EVER.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by !Pharozonk! View Post
    Woah, its PAD! Can I just say that you wrote one of my favorite Havok portrayals in your original run on X-Factor back in the 90s'?
    You absolutely can.

PAD

Amazing Member

Mr. David: I absolutely love, love, love ANXF. You've got a great dynamic with this team. I read in an interview that Gambit would have to find a way to deal with Danger. Is she going to make him uncomfortable?
    Oh, she'll make all of them uncomfortable.

PAD

Amazing Member

Mr David: I find your choice of Doug, Warlock, AND Danger intriguing in a book with such a strong tech theme. No one would ever have picked them as the last 3 team members. What drew you to this team? And thank you for picking Doug. I've always had a soft spot for him.
    Part of it was that they were available. And part of it was that I thought their personalities would make a good mix.

PAD

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I looked back a few pages and didn't see any discussion on it but the preview for All New X-Factor #7 is out

I really like the scene between Pietro and Danger. I take it that it's a thinly veiled reference to the controversies regarding supporting Orson Scott Card's professional works vs. his political views?
    That's exactly right.

PAD

I just had a my little pony Rainbow Dash moment, LOL.

Mr. PAD, thank you for all of your hard work, and please thank Mr. Carmen as well!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Which is why I am glad PAD is letting people come to their own conclusions about that... at least in these preview pages, we will have to see what he does with the rest of the issue. I think it's something that is not easy to make blanket declarations about, it's something that has to be decided on a case by case basis... there are plenty of writers where I am aware that I disagree with them, sometimes quite strongly, on politics, or religion or whatever else, but they conduct themselves in a manner where that's not important to me enjoying their work. but there is a line, and it's hard to put into words exactly where the line is drawn, where it's just too much, they're so vocal about their beliefs, or (as is the case with Card) are active participants in what basically boil down to hate groups, that it taints my enjoyment of their work and I feel uncomfortable supporting them... so I don't.
    It seems to me that Pietro has a point (I don't call myself Quicksilverfan for nothing , I agree with my boy over many things ). The author in question is very powerful and already owns several media outlets to spread his views. In this case, this is not a guy you'd want to give money to unless you agreed with him because that money will clearly feed into his media empire. A lone author who doesn't have the means to disseminate his views on the general public all the time is probably "safer" to give money to because he uses the money for living expenses as opposed to fueling some political agenda or whatever.

Incredible Member

Pfft, I already suggested giving him a grasshopper before the forum reboot. You're too slow, Agent LeMan. TOO SLOW!
    I think it says something more along the lines that Danger is inquisitive, and curious about material related to things that affect mutants. That's my view, though. And at first I thought it was referring to a Rupert Murdoch type, but then the bestseller that doesn't promote personal politics part came into play. My guess is it's mostly inspired by Orson Scott Card, with a dash of Fox News in there for a broader platform. I'm guessing that Scott Dakei will figure into the book in a bigger way at some point, if not in this issue. The politician dad is anti-mutant, wouldn't be surprised if we find out he gets his anti-mutant views from Scott Dakei.
    I'm thinking Scott Dakei is the father of the girl that was video blogging in the first pages. But for my comment about Danger, I was thinking that I would never read a book written by white-supremacist when I'm surrounded by black people. Or an anti-semitic book when I'm surrounded by jews. It's just very socially awkward, people will assume you're reading the book because you share the author's views. You read that stuff in private if anything. So that's what I was referring to: Danger is reading a book in their kitchen / living room, in plain view of her teammates who are all mutants.