Page 217 of 254 FirstFirst ... 117167207213214215216217218219220221227 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,255 of 3809
    Ultimate Member

If true they're sure to push Rictor/Shatterstar a lot, it'd be strange for Terry and M to be on the team but not fly, Terry's pretty much only reason to be on the team was to make Jamie look good, get knocked up and then get pushed aside after the baby was gone only to return him to his human form in the end, I'm really hoping that the rumor either isn't true or that Terry is nowhere to be found and not on team, not sure how they'd do Guido either, and Rhane would be odd rarely turning into her wolf form, and the dupes would be restricted to only like one or two otherwise it'd be really hard to do, and it's odd given that Jamie is anything but a top character.

Astonishing Member

If it's true, they are probably picking the cast based on them not being 'top' characters, so they won't interfere with the movies. Think Agents of Shield, the 'top' character was minor movie character agent coulson and the rest were made up just for the show.

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    If it's true, they are probably picking the cast based on them not being 'top' characters, so they won't interfere with the movies. Think Agents of Shield, the 'top' character was minor movie character agent coulson and the rest were made up just for the show.
    Plus if you have a character that requires the actor to be a big player on both the films and the TV show, you need to pay them more, and that becomes unfeasible. This may be why Agent Coulson was killed or "killed" (I haven't watched the show, no plans to do so at present) in the films and doesn't appear in them despite appearing to be alive on the show. If money wasn't the issue, they could definitely have him back in the films for whatever reason he's on the show.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ComicGirl View Post
    From tumblr, no idea if this is true or not
    Gasp! Amazing possibly true rumour. I've often thought X-Factor investigations would make a brilliant TV show. I'd have a core cast of Madrox, Siryn, Guido, Rictor, Rahne and M to start with, like the earliest and IMO strongest parts of the comic. The Madrox mini is begging for dramatisation.
    "Self has no time for this."

From tumblr, no idea if this is true or not
    Awesome! It is the best choice for TV show. I would love to see Jensen Ackles as Madrox.

That would be a cool TV show if it's true! I'd watch the hell out of that. Also--would Fox try to make it match up with movie canon or just let the show do its own thing?

As Marvel still needs to officially announce the cancellation of ANXF, that's going to to coincide nicely with Fox's announcement of working on a X-Factor related TV show (provided these rumors turn out to be true, of course). Whether or not these two events are related in any way, that's not going to help the rumors that Marvel is deliberatly pulling the plug on anything that's connected to Fox in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    As Marvel still needs to officially announce the cancellation of ANXF, that's going to to coincide nicely with Fox's announcement of working on a X-Factor related TV show (provided these rumors turn out to be true, of course). Whether or not these two events are related in any way, that's not going to help the rumors that Marvel is deliberatly pulling the plug on anything that's connected to Fox in any way.
    Apparently not the only person to come to this conclusion..hm
    Screenshot_2014-10-07-09-47-49_kindlephoto-237013588.jpg
    Quicksilver Loki The Scarlet Witch Polaris Amora The Enchantress Doctor Doom Ms. Marvel

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Hound View Post
    Gasp! Amazing possibly true rumour. I've often thought X-Factor investigations would make a brilliant TV show. I'd have a core cast of Madrox, Siryn, Guido, Rictor, Rahne and M to start with, like the earliest and IMO strongest parts of the comic. The Madrox mini is begging for dramatisation.
    THough again I'd rather they not use that group as PAD made everybody beholding to Jamie and where Jamie was THE character and Terry basically just played baby mama after fawning all over Jamie, who never returned her feelings ...and was then cast aside afterwards for the most part, I'd rather Terry not be on the team, it'd be hard to have her flying wouldn't you think.

Fantastic Member Captain Buttocks's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Hound View Post
    Early parts of the book are best. It struggled when Layla and Rahne (and Mutant Town) got the old editorially mandated heave-ho after Messiah Complex (f**king crossovers!).

I'd go with the Madrox cast to begin with - Madrox, Guido and Rahne. No flyers (M & Siryn - although the vocal 'siren' power would be handy) no plot cyphers (Layla) and no-one who can generate earthquakes in populated areas (sorry, Ric)

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    More they prefer a character that has a power easy to produce on the small screen for minimal cost. Madrox is ideal as is Siryn and Rhane. Overall, the group and concept has TV possiblities all over it and I say that as someone who found nothing interesting in the previous X-Factor as I didn't and still don't like Madrox or Layla.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Buttocks View Post
    Early parts of the book are best. It struggled when Layla and Rahne (and Mutant Town) got the old editorially mandated heave-ho after Messiah Complex (f**king crossovers!).

I'd go with the Madrox cast to begin with - Madrox, Guido and Rahne. No flyers (M & Siryn - although the vocal 'siren' power would be handy) no plot cyphers (Layla) and no-one who can generate earthquakes in populated areas (sorry, Ric)
    I actually would quite like Rictor to be part of the show. I'm going to assume making things shake is easier than making things fly, and possibly easier than making multiples of the same person in every fight. They could also probably make their powers slightly different to fit the show...and the budget. But they probably would have a larger budget than most TV shows to begin with.

That Marvel not promoting Fox stuff is interesting. But if it's true, that's sad. They can still make money off of comics that aren't part of the MCU if they promote those comics as well. It's not like that's impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    Apparently not the only person to come to this conclusion..hm
    Screenshot_2014-10-07-09-47-49_kindlephoto-237013588.jpg
    Some of us Lorna fans suspect Lorna and things she's on keep getting screwed over by Marvel because there's a chance Fox might use it. I've said many times before, if this is true then Disney and Marvel are being idiotic as all hell. They're not simply shooting themselves in the foot, they're hacking their own leg off because they think seeing the other guy's disgust at the damage done to oneself is more than enough reward to offset the consequences.

Nothing Marvel does to their comics is going to hurt Fox in any real way. Nothing at all. If Disney and Marvel wanted to be smart, their goal wouldn't be to ruin or ignore good character, cancel promising books and diminish the X-Men franchise. Their goal would be to outmaneuver Fox every step of the way, do the big and good things before Fox could do them, and set a precedent sending a message that Marvel is the only company that knows how to do X-Men the right way. Instead, Disney and Marvel are eagerly sending the message that Fox is far, FAR more deserving of the franchise and its characters than Disney and Marvel.

Also, this is a very good time to point out to those who may have forgotten: when Peter David dropped in to participate here at one point, he encouraged a Pietro fan to go see the Days of Future Past film and said it was a great film that treated Pietro well. It certainly adds to the "Marvel is trying to attack anything Fox might do" narrative if it turns out that part of ANXF's cancellation is also punishment for Peter David endorsing the DoFP film.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Buttocks View Post

You could change things up a bit. Start with Madrox, Guido and Rahne; then add Siryn who'd have voice powers but no flight (sonic lance plus persuasion). M could be a telepath with extra muscle. I'd make Rictor a human who they have around for his IT skills; I agree his earthquake powers wouldn't work so well on film. All cheap to make. I'd particularly miss seeing M on film; because I don't think we've seen her personality type before.
    "Self has no time for this."