Page 224 of 254 FirstFirst ... 124174214220221222223224225226227228234 ... LastLast
Results 3,346 to 3,360 of 3809

Quote Originally Posted by ComicGirl View Post
    Was it wrong I posted about quicksilver? I didn't think it would upset you guys. Honestly.
    I don't think anyone is upset. We all know QS would be going to an Avengers book. Certainly the cancellation was not a pleasant thing but it is what it is.

I'll enjoy the book til the end.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    At this point, I think Lorna starring in one of the films would actually increase her odds of getting use in the comics instead of decreasing them. Marvel is already pushing her fiercely under the radar compared to 2009, a film with her in it would likely force them to start using her more. A few months ago, I would've said differently because Disney and Marvel have been doing things that hurt the X-books and benefit the Avengers books. In other words, right now I see Fox as Lorna's best bet toward a better future. That's probably not what Disney and Marvel would want me to think, but that's exactly where their actions have taken me.

Regardless, I know Lorna will come out fine in the end. It's just that for the time being, things are working against her.
    Agreed, I was also worried about marvel playing down Lorna because of FOX but given Havok got a shot at Uncanny Avengers after the First Class movie I hope something similar can happen with Lorna. At the very least she should be allowed to get into X-men imo her, Rachel and Storm do make an interesting cast. Or who knows, maybe PAD was leaving a clue by having Wanda ask Lorna for the Avengers but itīs too soon to know for sure at least until we know more of January solicits to see more covers

EDIT: I also remember that on an old interview Remender said he originally wanted Havok and Lorna for X-Force but PAD got the first so sheīs a possible candidate for Uncanny Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Neko
    I'll enjoy the book til the end.
    Agreed me too
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 10-17-2014 at 03:45 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Was it wrong I posted about quicksilver? I didn't think it would upset you guys. Honestly.
    Yeah he's confirmed but in other comics he was on the roster (mighty avengers back in early 2000 or avengers academy) he was more or less a character that didn't matter. In the upcoming comic he's in, he is merely apart of it because a) movie b)it's going to be about Wanda. Most associated with her are going to appear, the vision her husband. Also her current lover. Rogue her current team mate that reminds her of her past sins. Doctor Voodoo might be put in the mix because it is speculated by the end of axis she is the sorcerer supreme, magic related characters are needed for her to show off. It isn't a coincidence most on this upcoming uncanny avengers were villians.
    Oh not upset but just pointing out QS is the only safe character right now and by that I mean unlikely to be dead or in limbo for the foreseeable future.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Agreed, I was also worried about marvel playing down Lorna because of FOX but given Havok got a shot at Uncanny Avengers after the First Class movie I hope something similar can happen with Lorna. At the very least she should be allowed to get into X-men imo her, Rachel and Storm do make an interesting cast. Or who knows, maybe PAD was leaving a clue by having Wanda ask Lorna for the Avengers but itīs too soon to know for sure at least until we know more of January solicits to see more covers

EDIT: I also remember that on an old interview Remender said he originally wanted Havok and Lorna for X-Force but PAD got the first so sheīs a possible candidate for Uncanny Avengers.
    I don't recall such an interview from Remender. Do you have a link to the article?

No, nothing's wrong with it at all, sorry if my posts made you feel in any way like you were doing something wrong. I'm dealing with a lot of frustration lately as I see bad behavior in the world getting a pass in multiple places as of late.

I don't recall ever seeing Remender say he wanted Lorna. Maybe I just missed that one when it was going. As for X-Men, we know Brian Wood wanted Lorna on the team but Marvel told him she was taken, which is one of the reasons I can easily say Lorna not ending up anywhere is due to editorial mandate and not just bad luck.

To an extent, I'm actually hoping Lorna's remark to Wanda is a ward against her joining the Avengers books. I'll take that back if the Avengers books are ready to acknowledge her potential and treat her with respect, but I really don't see that happening.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

No, nothing's wrong with it at all, sorry if my posts made you feel in any way like you were doing something wrong. I'm dealing with a lot of frustration lately as I see bad behavior in the world getting a pass in multiple places as of late.

I don't recall ever seeing Remender say he wanted Lorna. Maybe I just missed that one when it was going. As for X-Men, we know Brian Wood wanted Lorna on the team but Marvel told him she was taken, which is one of the reasons I can easily say Lorna not ending up anywhere is due to editorial mandate and not just bad luck.

To an extent, I'm actually hoping Lorna's remark to Wanda is a ward against her joining the Avengers books. I'll take that back if the Avengers books are ready to acknowledge her potential and treat her with respect, but I really don't see that happening.
    I recall around the time Wanda was hugging him that he said if Wanda/Havok hooked up relationship wise he would have Lorna over.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    I recall around the time Wanda was hugging him that he said if Wanda/Havok hooked up relationship wise he would have Lorna over.
    I remember that one. I saw that as a good thing at the time, too. I currently think of myself as having been way too naive and optimistic about Marvel back then.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

It was difficult to find but here itīs more or less what I read at the time, thereīs other interview but I canīt find it atm

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=29897

3) Considering that Polaris was once a Horseman (i.e. she has ties to Apocalypse) AND the fact that she and Havok were in one of the variant covers AND that both characters were last seen in space (where X-Force is right now), should I be hoping for a Polaris sighting somewhere in the future?

I'll just put a pin in this one right now. I love the characters, but I don't think that you should hold your breath to see Havok or Polaris in the pages of "X-Force" anytime soon.

Remender build an entire mythology around Apocalypse both on Uncanny X-Force and Uncanny Avengers, he even is going to be on AXIS for a little while so it makes sense he would think to use Lorna just going by her past. But he also seems to like Lorna. So now that X-factor is ending he could take the chance to explore the character imo.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Incredible Member

I know you're taking it hard Salarta. We all are. I'm not really looking forward to the prospects of Lorna or Gambit or the others in Limbo, or treated like fodder on some other team. Me... I still just want my Xternals: http://community.comicbookresources....l=1#post572904 Give me the book I want Marvel!

Also... am amused that Brother Voodoo is on the Uncanny Avengers. Seems an odd fit, but paired with Rogue, could be funny if he starts talking about being New Orleans premiere hero, or his fighting a zombie army with Gambit. ^_^ Probably won't come up though.

Quote Originally Posted by kumiho

Also... am amused that Brother Voodoo is on the Uncanny Avengers. Seems an odd fit, but paired with Rogue, could be funny if he starts talking about being New Orleans premiere hero, or his fighting a zombie army with Gambit. ^_^ Probably won't come up though.
    I doubt RR ever read any of Gambit's series, since he admittedly hates the Cajun wonder. In the hands of a more competent writer, I would love to see a conversation like this take place between Voodoo and Rogue, though Hell, I'd l love it if Quicksilver made a magnificently snarky comment about Gambit to Rogue. Not sure if she'd agree with him or what, but it'd be a nice nod to ANXF.

Quote Originally Posted by kumiho View Post
    Me... I still just want my Xternals: http://community.comicbookresources....l=1#post572904 Give me the book I want Marvel!
    I'd read the hell out of that book! Love that cast and your take on it. The thought of Danger becoming a medic and therapist didn't even occur to me, even though it would be such a natural progression for her character, especially considering her past work as Utopia's warden, where she used VR therapy sessions to rehabilitate the captive villains.

Concerning the future, I'm dedicted to enjoy what's left of the ride as much as possible. It's the last Marvel title I truly care about, and all my top three favourites (Danger, Nico Minoru, and Mercury) will be in limbo by the time ANXF ends. That's why I hope the book provides us with a satisfying closure, so I can use its end as my jumping off point and simply move away from Marvel comics for a couple years.

I might change my mind if any of those three get another regular appearance somewhere else, but that strongly depends on the quality of that title. I'd rather leave my favourites on a high note instead of desperately clinging to every minor appearance they might get. Besides, there's always fan art and fiction to enjoy.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    I'd read the hell out of that book! Love that cast and your take on it. The thought of Danger becoming a medic and therapist didn't even occur to me, even though it would be such a natural progression for her character, especially considering her past work as Utopia's warden, where she used VR therapy sessions to rehabilitate the captive villains.

Concerning the future, I'm dedicted to enjoy what's left of the ride as much as possible. It's the last Marvel title I truly care about, and all my top three favourites (Danger, Nico Minoru, and Mercury) will be in limbo by the time ANXF ends. That's why I hope the book provides us with a satisfying closure, so I can use its end as my jumping off point and simply move away from Marvel comics for a couple years.

I might change my mind if any of those three get another regular appearance somewhere else, but that strongly depends on the quality of that title. I'd rather leave my favourites on a high note instead of desperately clinging to every minor appearance they might get. Besides, there's always fan art and fiction to enjoy.
    Yeah... Danger is another one I'm saddened by the lack of dimension in ANXF for. She could have really been Mystiquing it up with her transformation and hologram powers to try more first hand what it is to be human, and to really interact with the people around her. Instead we just got a running gag of... https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=ghFtR64y0XQ.

BANNED

After Havok and Lorna got back and went to X Factor, Remender did a interview saying he wanted Havok and Lorna for X- Force.

It was difficult to find but here itīs more or less what I read at the time, thereīs other interview but I canīt find it atm

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=29897

Remender build an entire mythology around Apocalypse both on Uncanny X-Force and Uncanny Avengers, he even is going to be on AXIS for a little while so it makes sense he would think to use Lorna just going by her past. But he also seems to like Lorna. So now that X-factor is ending he could take the chance to explore the character imo.
    Now I remember this, thanks for reminding me. It was only about a year into me getting into Lorna, and I've been focused on more recent problems, so I forgot about it. I remember now that Lorna was in space at the time, and some of us saw her on the convention banner to be a sign that there were big plans for her to come, only for Marvel to decide to drop them and claim that her inclusion in it was purely because the artist wanted her on the banner and nothing more.

I can't see Remender using Lorna, and that potentially being a good thing, anymore unless he's writing it over on the X-books. I don't have faith in the Avengers books anymore thanks to several things they've pulled toward her, culminating in their exclusion of her in Axis. However, this does make me think that perhaps some of my criticisms of stuff I've seen out of Remender are more a result of him being involved with Avengers editorial and not due to him personally. But then again, I never read any of his stuff aside from the bad bits I've seen with the Avengers, so it's up in the air.

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

Now I remember this, thanks for reminding me. It was only about a year into me getting into Lorna, and I've been focused on more recent problems, so I forgot about it. I remember now that Lorna was in space at the time, and some of us saw her on the convention banner to be a sign that there were big plans for her to come, only for Marvel to decide to drop them and claim that her inclusion in it was purely because the artist wanted her on the banner and nothing more.

I can't see Remender using Lorna, and that potentially being a good thing, anymore unless he's writing it over on the X-books. I don't have faith in the Avengers books anymore thanks to several things they've pulled toward her, culminating in their exclusion of her in Axis. However, this does make me think that perhaps some of my criticisms of stuff I've seen out of Remender are more a result of him being involved with Avengers editorial and not due to him personally. But then again, I never read any of his stuff aside from the bad bits I've seen with the Avengers, so it's up in the air.
    To be truthful, I'd be glad not to see any of my favourite characters in Remender's hands, as he tends to break his toys.
    "Self has no time for this."