Page 228 of 254 FirstFirst ... 128178218224225226227228229230231232238 ... LastLast
Results 3,406 to 3,420 of 3809

hmm, i liked it, but really i am just happy that another issue has come out! it will be important to savor all of the next few issues as they will soon come to our last we should all try to enjoy the comic as much as we can from now on!~ Maybe i will make more art o3o
    ~ Life's battles don't always go~
    To the stronger or faster man.
    But sooner or later, the man who wins

~Is the man who thinks he can~
    -
    C. W. Longenecker "The Victor"

Quote Originally Posted by SyerC View Post
    hmm, i liked it, but really i am just happy that another issue has come out! it will be important to savor all of the next few issues as they will soon come to our last we should all try to enjoy the comic as much as we can from now on!~ Maybe i will make more art o3o
    Agreed, this and New Warriors have been the most "fun" and consistent team books Marvel has put out over the last few years. It is a shame they are both going the away and honestly I don't see any real replacements on the horizon. Ewing's Mighty Avengers was okay but it didn't grab me as much, maybe the next volume will do so.

Its actually really saddening sometimes just think, the comic did so much for people (anxf got me new friends!) and its now like i will lose a lot of memories from it going out of business, that excitement i had when a new issue was to be released and looking at the extraordinary artwork will soon come to an end.
    my biggest fear is that the community here will all just slip away and soon we will all forget this thread existed. it will be like an imagination, i really wouldn't want that! there are some great people here, and i'd hate if we all forgot each other and the 'journey' we went on together through the series.

i really, really hope the next issues will be great for this! Marvel should let the series go of with a big bang similar to the one it started with!~
    ~ Life's battles don't always go~
    To the stronger or faster man.
    But sooner or later, the man who wins

~Is the man who thinks he can~
    -
    C. W. Longenecker "The Victor"

Incredible Member Jiminy_Cricket's Avatar

Not a great issue but it had its moments. I think the Gambit/Lorna fight should have been longer and more central to the plot as this issue seemed to have a lot of parts but no main narrative.

Saddened to know we will never get to see what PAD had planned if the run was longer. If we knw he was only getting 20 issues I think the plot would of moved a bit quicker.

All-New Member

I think all Marvel writers should write as if they've only got 20 issues. Marvel has gotten into this bad habit of dumping anything that's not an immediate smash hit. They forget that a second way to grow a fan base is with time and loyalty. And instead of being smart and going for both types of books - some smash hits with characters usually featured recently in movies, and some projects less hot but growing fans with time - Marvel is greedy and only wants the smash hits. Problem is, they're dumping on us longer-term loyal fans who aren't all that interested in the latest hottest character from the movies. And I bet the type of fan I am is still a big chunk of their audience. So I've finally had enough, and this is my last Marvel book EVER. I'm 36 years old and I've got other hobbies, other things to read. I'm not gonna keep going forking out my money to a company that treats us like that.

Wtf I didn't know they were cancelling it. This book is what got me back into comics and on of the two non ultimate universe books I read.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisible View Post
    I think all Marvel writers should write as if they've only got 20 issues. Marvel has gotten into this bad habit of dumping anything that's not an immediate smash hit. They forget that a second way to grow a fan base is with time and loyalty. And instead of being smart and going for both types of books - some smash hits with characters usually featured recently in movies, and some projects less hot but growing fans with time - Marvel is greedy and only wants the smash hits. Problem is, they're dumping on us longer-term loyal fans who aren't all that interested in the latest hottest character from the movies. And I bet the type of fan I am is still a big chunk of their audience. So I've finally had enough, and this is my last Marvel book EVER. I'm 36 years old and I've got other hobbies, other things to read. I'm not gonna keep going forking out my money to a company that treats us like that.
    Well said sir!

Brand Loyalty works both ways

Preach on. In agreement. It's very easy to drop this hobby and replace with something else. I also agree with the 20 issue book, then try something else. Clearly Marvel only wants to roll the dice with some books and not others.

@SyerC - yeah, I will miss the community too. Hopefully, something else will come along that this group will like.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

Would be kind of nice to keep this thread going so we could all share what's going on with our favorite members, but I guess that's what appreciation threads are for

The latter half of your post has been my philosophy on how to deal with companies when they do things that I find incredibly egregious. Marvel's pushing my buttons in that regard thanks to Lorna excluded from Axis, the Avengers books trying to rub it in further by making Enchantress look like a replacement Lorna for Axis covers, and the whole matter of Marvel not promoting ANXF #14 and withholding its cover until the last second. I remain open to the X-Men books and anything using Lorna that treats her with respect, and I'll still watch the Avengers and Captain America films and any games or cartoons that use Lorna respectfully, but outside that, nothing. I won't be seeing or buying films like Thor or Iron Man, or games like Deadpool, any of that. Not until they set personal biases aside and be respectful toward Lorna and fans of her. I already skipped Guardians of the Galaxy. I'm only still seeing the Avengers and Captain America films because Lorna got to interact with Wanda and Pietro on ANXF.

As for the first half, I generally agree. I don't want to say too much critical of ANXF anymore since I don't think it would help much. Criticism is really most helpful for ongoing things to potentially help improve them, but because ANXF is ending, those comments wouldn't really do much to change the situation. However, one thing I feel I could say is that I think we needed the team all together in one or two issues. The work of slowly building the team across six issues ends up feeling like we're waiting for the team to all be together before the book really gets started. I wouldn't say that about a video game or a film, but then those things are all one complete package, not a monthly or bimonthly affair. It's easier to follow along with a slow build like that if you get it all at once.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

I *think* I finally got caught up. #15 is the latest issue, yes?
    Or is #16 out already?

Catching up just made me even more upset that this book is being cancelled. It is such a damn good series.
    WTF, MARVEL.
    SRSLY, WTF.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

It was sales. Not enough people bought it. And yes #15:is the, newest one out
    X-Men Forever

I'm a time-poor nerd, can anyone explain what I need to read for #15 to make sense? I mean, I get that it's the Red Skull, but there's a lot missing before this issue that just implied??

Quote Originally Posted by Technarchy View Post
    I'm a time-poor nerd, can anyone explain what I need to read for #15 to make sense? I mean, I get that it's the Red Skull, but there's a lot missing before this issue that just implied??
    Reading Axis the main event in the marvel universe won't show you Any of the members of All New X-factor so it's pretty much all the involvement X-factor has with the event at hand.
    Xavier brain/ powers are being used by the red skull to mess with everyone's thought process. The villains are saving the world in Axis because the robots are programmed with all the superheroes weakness. Thus bad guys like the enchantress , Doom, Carnage are fighting big bad skull. So nothing about the team of x-factor.hope that helped
    Quicksilver Loki The Scarlet Witch Polaris Amora The Enchantress Doctor Doom Ms. Marvel

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ComicGirl View Post
    Reading Axis the main event in the marvel universe won't show you Any of the members of All New X-factor so it's pretty much all the involvement X-factor has with the event at hand.
    Xavier brain/ powers are being used by the red skull to mess with everyone's thought process. The villains are saving the world in Axis because the robots are programmed with all the superheroes weakness. Thus bad guys like the enchantress , Doom, Carnage are fighting big bad skull. So nothing about the team of x-factor.hope that helped
    Basically, Marvel made every writer make a tie in issue to Remender's crappy AXIS event, so PAD slapped this together. Kind of like a kid just throwing together a cruddy volcano for a science fair project they didn't really want to do.