Page 250 of 254 FirstFirst ... 150200240246247248249250251252253254 LastLast
Results 3,736 to 3,750 of 3809
    Spectacular Member Living Silver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by belay View Post
    Is dat it!!!! All new X factor finished. Is That. Wat we get after 19 issues. In a state of shock how the book ended
    Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    PAD knew the end was coming awhile ago and the last issue didn't resolve things. Is the team staying together? Are they showing up in 2099.

Polaris is going to genosha, gambit shows up in storm.

I hate abrupt endings in cancelled titles
    Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    This didn't read like a final issue at all, and more like a downtime issue between arcs. There aren't even any closing scenes. The plot just stops. To be continued in 2099?

Which doesn't mean I didn't like the book. In fact, I enjoyed it a lot. If there were another arc to follow I'd be excited for it. But taken by itself as the end of this run, it's lacking a little in closure, and depends a little too much on the promise that these characters' plots will be continued in the future.
    I'm really hoping that there is something planned for these characters on the other end of Secret Wars. I mean, every other title, even the ones that sell well, are getting canceled. Part of me is hoping that the "we're canceled cuz of low sales" is just a trick to help cover up the Secret Wars announcement that was made yesterday. Once the even is over, I see a lot of the canceled series starting back up again (with new numbering, of course).

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    The dude on the cover to 2009 issue 10 is the dude at the end of ANXF 20 based on the below. And the solicit for this issue says Miguel will be getting some strange backup. Maybe nothing but could be X-factor.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/12/...for-march-2015

SPIDER-MAN 2099 #10

PETER DAVID (w) • WILLIAM SLINEY (a)

Cover by FRANCESCO MATTINA

• Miguel O’Hara has finally found his way back to 2099!

• But none other than the malicious Maestro has taken control of the dimension!

• Looks like Spidey may have to call in some Strange backup.

32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

That's Maestro, a future version of the Hulk, created by PAD, first appearing in his award-winning run writing Incredible Hulk in the late 80's/early 90's.
    Quicksilver.tk

Spectacular Member Living Silver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by belay View Post
    Is dat it!!!! All new X factor finished. Is That. Wat we get after 19 issues. In a state of shock how the book ended
    Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    PAD knew the end was coming awhile ago and the last issue didn't resolve things. Is the team staying together? Are they showing up in 2099.

Polaris is going to genosha, gambit shows up in storm.

I hate abrupt endings in cancelled titles
    Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    This didn't read like a final issue at all, and more like a downtime issue between arcs. There aren't even any closing scenes. The plot just stops. To be continued in 2099?

Which doesn't mean I didn't like the book. In fact, I enjoyed it a lot. If there were another arc to follow I'd be excited for it. But taken by itself as the end of this run, it's lacking a little in closure, and depends a little too much on the promise that these characters' plots will be continued in the future.
    I'm really hoping that there is something planned for these characters on the other end of Secret Wars. I mean, every other title, even the ones that sell well, are getting canceled. Part of me is hoping that the "we're canceled cuz of low sales" is just a trick to help cover up the Secret Wars announcement that was made yesterday. Once the even is over, I see a lot of the canceled series starting back up again (with new numbering, of course).

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    The dude on the cover to 2009 issue 10 is the dude at the end of ANXF 20 based on the below. And the solicit for this issue says Miguel will be getting some strange backup. Maybe nothing but could be X-factor.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/12/...for-march-2015

SPIDER-MAN 2099 #10

PETER DAVID (w) • WILLIAM SLINEY (a)

Cover by FRANCESCO MATTINA

• Miguel O’Hara has finally found his way back to 2099!

• But none other than the malicious Maestro has taken control of the dimension!

• Looks like Spidey may have to call in some Strange backup.

32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

That's Maestro, a future version of the Hulk, created by PAD, first appearing in his award-winning run writing Incredible Hulk in the late 80's/early 90's.
    Quicksilver.tk

Hi, guys.
    I haven't read #20 yet. I think I am putting it off as long as possible because I do not want to read the end of this series.

But I wanted to pop in and say hello, and also inquire if anyone is going to bother reading UA to keep track of Pietro?

I just don't know. I am not sure if I should give it a go or not bother (because I do not typically care for how Remender writes, and I do not care for how he's written UA so far).
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    Hi, guys.
    I haven't read #20 yet. I think I am putting it off as long as possible because I do not want to read the end of this series.

But I wanted to pop in and say hello, and also inquire if anyone is going to bother reading UA to keep track of Pietro?

I just don't know. I am not sure if I should give it a go or not bother (because I do not typically care for how Remender writes, and I do not care for how he's written UA so far).
    Not much Pietro in ANXF 20. You might as well read it to get it over with
    I won't be buying UA because I don't support the retcon at all. Don't really care to read it, but if somebody posts spoilers online, I'd probably give it a look. It looks from the preview that Remender is making him funnier...I guess he saw X-Men: DoFP and was inspired.

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilverfan View Post
    Not much Pietro in ANXF 20. You might as well read it to get it over with
    I won't be buying UA because I don't support the retcon at all. Don't really care to read it, but if somebody posts spoilers online, I'd probably give it a look. It looks from the preview that Remender is making him funnier...I guess he saw X-Men: DoFP and was inspired.
    I almost just spit out my soup. HAHAHA.

But I am still in mourning for this series. I'm in mourning at what Marvel did to the twins. I'm in mourning because of his new costume. I'm in mourning that I CAN NEVER TELL WTF REMENDER IS WRITING ABOUT.
    That damn UA preview confused the piss out of me.

Are those the Knights of Wundagore/High Evolutionary Animal People from his solo?

IA with Quicksilver fan, just read it. Its not really an ending. And there is only a panel with QS in it anyway. And it doesn't really add to him, stuff you already know.

All issue 20 was, was a plot point build for another book. This Gambit fan is not happy, but nothing I can do about it.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

Quote Originally Posted by Neko View Post
    IA with Quicksilver fan, just read it. Its not really an ending. And there is only a panel with QS in it anyway. And it doesn't really add to him, stuff you already know.

All issue 20 was, was a plot point build for another book. This Gambit fan is not happy, but nothing I can do about it.

STILLSOSAD.

I am going to miss the HELL out of this book.
    *sobs*

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilverfan View Post
    It looks from the preview that Remender is making him funnier...I guess he saw X-Men: DoFP and was inspired.
    I thought the EXACT same thing. Marvel riding on Fox's Quicksilver fame.
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    I thought the EXACT same thing. Marvel riding on Fox's Quicksilver fame.
    *Sobs*
    IjustcannotwiththewholeRemenderwritingmypietrointo stupidfunnypieceswithoutheart.

*SOBS*

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    *Sobs*
    IjustcannotwiththewholeRemenderwritingmypietrointo stupidfunnypieceswithoutheart.

*SOBS*
    At least he's not Stockholm Syndrome Rogue.
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

At least he's not Stockholm Syndrome Rogue.
    LOL - I hadn't thought of her and her development in that book that way, but you might be right.

As for Pietro and UA - I hope he doesn't get killed off or disfigured for no real reason other than Remender wanting to shock people.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

LOL - I hadn't thought of her and her development in that book that way, but you might be right.

As for Pietro and UA - I hope he doesn't get killed off or disfigured for no real reason other than Remender wanting to shock people.
    He has "I'm in a movie" protection.

Time for Pietro to PAY THE CONSEQUENCES, Remender-style, I'm sure.

Doesn't matter, it's on another world, probably in another time, blahblahblah.
    They've already undone a family history (even though it wasn't his first family history, it's the one that has stuck for this long).

Whatever. I'll be listening to what happens to him, but not actively reading it.
    I'm sick of feeling, month to month, "OHMYGODISSOANDSOGOINGTODIE?"
    It's just unfun. And I don't do unfun.

Who was the first father of the twins?

Who was the first father of the twins?
    The Whizzer, I believe.