Page 252 of 254 FirstFirst ... 152202242248249250251252253254 LastLast
Results 3,766 to 3,780 of 3809

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    If/when the X-Factor team appears in Spider-Man 2099, supporting that book might have a positive impact by showing there's still a demand for these characters. Seeing how PAD must have taken Secret Wars into account for his long term planning, I suppose the corporate war will blow up when both timelines coexist on Battleworld, so the Serval team might feature prominently.
    I don't know if I'll follow 2099 consistently, but I will definitely keep an eye out for when X-Factor appears.

I think both PAD and ANXF readers deserved two or three more issues, to wrap up the plot elements properly. ANXF's 18th issue sold 19k, slightly lower than the 20k the previous X-Factor's issues sold for like a year. This is without mentioning digital sales. On the other hand, there're comics like Secret Avengers: the December issue sold 17k, and it won't start wrapping up until the next month issue.

Anyways, it lasted more than the previous Captain Marvel ongoing, and likely more than the current one, so surely Marvel will give ANXF a relaunch too, right? Right?!

Thank you, PAD, this was my 2014 favorite X-men ongoing. A writer that cares about continuity, character development and that doesn't abuse of decompression. what's not to love?

Had the book continued into Secret Wars, I think we would have seen it in the same "Warzone" as Spider-Man 2099, as part of a sub-event focused around Serval vs. Alchemax, with Miguel and the X-Factor team caught in the middle. It would have made sense for PAD to tie both his books together. So for what it's worth, I believe the two books were always meant to cross over, and this won't be some haphazard last minute change. This may also be why David didn't bother giving a proper conclusion or had the team disband, because they're still part of the ongoing story.

Yes, it was already planed. This is what PAD said when SM 2099 launched:
    I certainly wouldn't rule out a Spidey/X-Factor crossover as Serval and Alchemax wind up going head to head.

And then, two months later (in June, four months before the cancellation announcement), he said:

Miguel is going to show up, and something very unexpected will happen that will answer some reader questions. Although that won't occur until after the big "Spider-verse" crossover.

Quote Originally Posted by Nisus View Post
    Yes, it was already planed. This is what PAD said when SM 2099 launched:
    I certainly wouldn't rule out a Spidey/X-Factor crossover as Serval and Alchemax wind up going head to head.

And then, two months later (in June, four months before the cancellation announcement), he said:

Miguel is going to show up, and something very unexpected will happen that will answer some reader questions. Although that won't occur until after the big "Spider-verse" crossover.
    Thanks for digging up these quotes! This certainly makes me more hopeful about X-Factor's involvement, and the possibility to see more of them in the future. It also makes their appearance in Spider-Man 2099 more crucial than I initially thought, as that book will now be the vehicle to take them over to whatever the new Marvel Universe will look like after Secret Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    Thanks for digging up these quotes! This certainly makes me more hopeful about X-Factor's involvement, and the possibility to see more of them in the future. It also makes their appearance in Spider-Man 2099 more crucial than I initially thought, as that book will now be the vehicle to take them over to whatever the new Marvel Universe will look like after Secret Wars.
    After reading issue #20 again, I get the feeling that X-Factor may be more involved in 2099 than people may think. Almost like a supporting cast for the book. At least after the Spider-verse thing ends.

I hope the whole team will be involved in 2099. Otherwise Doug and Warlock will go back into New Mutants limbo for who knows how long...

Quote Originally Posted by Technarchy View Post
    I hope the whole team will be involved in 2099. Otherwise Doug and Warlock will go back into New Mutants limbo for who knows how long...
    I'm certain they will be part of whatever PAD has planned. For one, the Technarchy being already endangered came up in ANXF, and according to what Brevoort and Alonso said about Secret Wars, that event might finish the job and leave Warlock as the only surviving member of his race. And while this is pure speculation, if I were to hazard a guess about where this subplot is most likely going, I'd put my money on Warlock and Danger founding their own race of sapient machines in the new universe. As to how Doug might factor into that, I suspect he'll find himself in the same position as Madison Jeffries did when he helped deliver Danger's child by working out the incompatibilities of the parents' source codes. Who'd be better suited for that than someone who can translate anything and everything?

Now that would be one unusual little family.
    Last edited by Starfish; 01-27-2015 at 04:35 AM.

check out this brand new upcoming x-factor costume for gambit in marvel heroes 2015 game
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spectacular Member Living Silver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I don't know if I'll follow 2099 consistently, but I will definitely keep an eye out for when X-Factor appears.
    I can post updates here on what issues to grab: I've been reading 2099 since it started and definitely don't plan to stop now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nisus View Post
    I think both PAD and ANXF readers deserved two or three more issues, to wrap up the plot elements properly. ANXF's 18th issue sold 19k, slightly lower than the 20k the previous X-Factor's issues sold for like a year. This is without mentioning digital sales. On the other hand, there're comics like Secret Avengers: the December issue sold 17k, and it won't start wrapping up until the next month issue.

Anyways, it lasted more than the previous Captain Marvel ongoing, and likely more than the current one, so surely Marvel will give ANXF a relaunch too, right? Right?!

Thank you, PAD, this was my 2014 favorite X-men ongoing. A writer that cares about continuity, character development and that doesn't abuse of decompression. what's not to love?
    I suspect that there is more to the cancellation of all these titles immediately before Secret Wars than we've been told. Every book, both minor and major, seem to be ending. And all for different reasons. That can't be coincidence.

Remember, ANXF's cancellation was announced a week before SW was announced.

Quote Originally Posted by belay View Post
    check out this brand new upcoming x-factor costume for gambit in marvel heroes 2015 game
    THIS definitely suggests that the team has a future, although it's not definite.
    Quicksilver.tk

Spiderman 2099 and Snow art by Yamamura

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Living Silver View Post
    I can post updates here on what issues to grab: I've been reading 2099 since it started and definitely don't plan to stop now.

I suspect that there is more to the cancellation of all these titles immediately before Secret Wars than we've been told. Every book, both minor and major, seem to be ending. And all for different reasons. That can't be coincidence.

Remember, ANXF's cancellation was announced a week before SW was announced.

THIS definitely suggests that the team has a future, although it's not definite.
    Or the suit could have been started before they knew that the book was cancelled and then just put in the game anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

Spiderman 2099 and Snow art by Yamamura
    Yamamura is awesome like always!

FUTURE IMPERFECT #2
    PETER DAVID (w)
    GREG LAND (a/C)
    VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    MONSTER SMASH!!!
    • A BATTLE ROYALE between THE
    MAESTRO and the THING!!!
    • But is it the BEN GRIMM we know and
    love under that rocky hide?
    • What X-FACTOR member will show
    up as
    an unexpected ally of the rebels?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

All New X-Factor tp vol 3 Axis in stores on Wednesday March 25th. I know some trade wait for this book.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.