Page 51 of 254 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Laemar View Post
    I think it is still too early to think about crossovers. I want to see at least 3 or 4 arcs before any crossovers.

However if there would be a crossover I would prefer one with Magneto. Because it have a great potential I believe and I don't want this team to get mixed-up with big, global issues.
    The book won't last very long without crossovers. It was already handicapped by retailers under ordering at the start. And, the series is still dropping over 600 readers an issue from issue #4 to #5 to #6 and so far hasn't hit bottom yet. What held true for the last iteration of X-Factor rock solid sales that wouldn't drop much below the mid 25K range until the very end isn't necessarily going to happen with this title.

There is a reason why the book will be a part of a crossover in November and PAD laid it out in an audio interview a few month back. The market isn't what it was even mid last decade and titles that are completely separate from everything else have a tendency to disappear as he said.

Though I certainly agree with you a crossover with the Magneto title would be a very good idea given the ANXF cast.

Spectacular Member

Yes I was aware of PAD's words. Those were only my wishes. The sad truth of sales and market unfortunately controls many things

Yes I was aware of PAD's words. Those were only my wishes. The sad truth of sales and market unfortunately controls many things
    Modern comic readers have a glut of options, they tend to be more ADHD then in the past and every big new event, crossover and must have #1 has a tendency to push readers away from titles that aren't involved in things.

2 new drawings from CDiG's facebook page

Attachment 2504

Attachment 2505
    Hard times are coming for Remy. I am sure this is blood on his nose.

Spectacular Member

I wonder if it's just an effect on moto-lock or someone or something is hitting him as he tears through the wall.

Amazing Member

I just want to thank all of you for your continued enthusiasm for the series.

It especially amuses me that CBR no longer reviews it. I saw the first two craptastic comments and was entertained by how outraged readers ripped the reviewer a new one, so I guess no one else wants to stick their face into that buzzsaw.

PAD

Quote Originally Posted by Peter David View Post

It especially amuses me that CBR no longer reviews it. I saw the first two craptastic comments and was entertained by how outraged readers ripped the reviewer a new one, so I guess no one else wants to stick their face into that buzzsaw.

PAD
    Thank you for good and quality book. I am glad that Gambit is in good hands.

CBR made 2 really stupid and unprofesional reviews. I never read their reviewes. They always give bad books high points and low points for good books like X-Factor and X-MenLegacy.

PAD
    We can be a vicious bunch, sir. *salutes* Please keep up the fantastic work!!!

BANNED

PAD
    Thank you for having such a great cast and storylines! I'm personally looking forward to more Polaris and Quicksilver interactions

I haven't actually read any of CBR's reviews on the books but it did seem odd there wasn't one for this week.

PAD
    I enjoy this book a great deal. As for the reviewers - well, perhaps they should have been more open minded, instead of blasting a book with no real criticism.

Keep up the great work! I love your take on Gambit. Gambit and QS are my favorites. Your humor with Danger and Warlock is fun too.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

I wonder if it's just an effect on moto-lock or someone or something is hitting him as he tears through the wall.
    It's Kool-Aid!

PAD
    I never read the actual reviews put out by CBR myself. I saw the ratings and immediately disregarded the reviews as having any worth for me as a general reader to read them. Whatever criticisms they had and regardless of whether or not they applied, there's no way those criticisms could merit a 1 out of 5. I think most people saw that those ratings made a mockery of the very concept of reviews, even if they didn't look at the issues reviewed.

As long as I'm leaving a reply to you, I'd like to say that I greatly enjoyed your writing of Lorna in ANXF #8. I feel it captured all the things personality-wise that make her such a compelling character. I had a lot of various praise and criticism for ANXF #8 for all sorts of elements of the issue, but as a Lorna fan, I felt I needed to highlight my thoughts concerning her. As a whole, I think ANXF #8 was excellent and the best issue of the book thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyBlueElf View Post
    Thank you for having such a great cast and storylines! I'm personally looking forward to more Polaris and Quicksilver interactions

I haven't actually read any of CBR's reviews on the books but it did seem odd there wasn't one for this week.
    Was CBR still putting out reviews for ANXF until this week's issue? I stopped looking at all after the rating CBR gave for the second issue. If they start up reviews for ANXF again, hopefully they decide to be more fair-minded when reviewing and rating it.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Spectacular Member swing kinker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Hmm, that's not as informative as I had hoped the things you heard would be, but thanks for sharing them nonetheless.
    Not entirely sure what you were hoping for as I just glanced over a couple of reviews I had run into. I didn't read any in depth analysis, merely merely comments on the internet by reviewers. Like I said I was always going to check this series out anyway but it was worrying to see what I had seen. It shouldn't have been as I don't usually put much faith in reviews as everything is subjective. I've enjoyed things that have been constantly reviewed terribly and vise versa. People put far too much stock in professional reviewers s if they they are something more than they are

Quote Originally Posted by swing kinker View Post
    Not entirely sure what you were hoping for as I just glanced over a couple of reviews I had run into. I didn't read any in depth analysis, merely merely comments on the internet by reviewers. Like I said I was always going to check this series out anyway but it was worrying to see what I had seen. It shouldn't have been as I don't usually put much faith in reviews as everything is subjective. I've enjoyed things that have been constantly reviewed terribly and vise versa. People put far too much stock in professional reviewers s if they they are something more than they are
    What you provided is fine, not faulting you for that if it sounded like I was. I was just hoping you might've caught more specific criticisms people had. For theoretical example, "Danger is out of character here" or "there's not enough action."
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    What you provided is fine, not faulting you for that if it sounded like I was. I was just hoping you might've caught more specific criticisms people had. For theoretical example, "Danger is out of character here" or "there's not enough action."
    no no it's fine. Not enough action is probably a fair assumption of what I read, badly written was another. Proves you should rarely trust reviews as that's absolute nonsense

PAD
    Loving the series so far David and as a long suffering Gambit fan it's great to see him in the hands of a writer who truly writes enjoyable team dialogue and explores social politics and character development. X factor investigations is one of the comics that got my fiance into comics so thank you for that too.