Page 52 of 254 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast
    Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Neko View Post
    I enjoy this book a great deal. As for the reviewers - well, perhaps they should have been more open minded, instead of blasting a book with no real criticism.

Keep up the great work! I love your take on Gambit. Gambit and QS are my favorites. Your humor with Danger and Warlock is fun too.
    You're alive! You haven't posted for ages, I thought you'd fallen victim to the boards new rules.
    "Self has no time for this."

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Hound View Post
    You're alive! You haven't posted for ages, I thought you'd fallen victim to the boards new rules.
    Thanks! Wished I could say it was work related but that is not the case so less said the better. I'm back. But I don't plan on me participating as much as I used to do.

I've missed you too as well as large number of others.

I don't have much to say about the latest issue. Allot happened, haven't digested it all yet. Things I liked most though, was Gambit's mentoring ways with Georgia. I think Polaris' power play was amazing. Quicksilver's daddy issues done well. Art is fantastic as always.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Peter David View Post
    I just want to thank all of you for your continued enthusiasm for the series.

It especially amuses me that CBR no longer reviews it. I saw the first two craptastic comments and was entertained by how outraged readers ripped the reviewer a new one, so I guess no one else wants to stick their face into that buzzsaw.

PAD
    I'm a "glass is half-empty" kind of gal, and the fact that PAD came to the boards to thank us for our continued enthusiasm scares me. Does it mean sales are very low? Is the book going to get cancelled? do the sales chart track digital sales? Because I've bought most of my issues digitally.
    As for the CBR reviews, I hope they didn't stop reviewing it because of fan backlash. I hope they stopped reviewing it because they genuinely hated the book (for their misguided reasons ). I mean, if they can't take criticism, maybe they shouldn't dish it out themselves.

BANNED

If X-Factor gets cancelled I will be so unhapp, this and Amazing X-men are my two favorite X-books at the moment.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Peter David View Post
    I just want to thank all of you for your continued enthusiasm for the series.

It especially amuses me that CBR no longer reviews it. I saw the first two craptastic comments and was entertained by how outraged readers ripped the reviewer a new one, so I guess no one else wants to stick their face into that buzzsaw.

PAD
    Most of the superhero genre started boring me long time ago. But I always enjoyed your works. And when I learned my favourite character will be on your book I did dance at home. (I'm not a dancing kinda guy. Didn't even dance on my wedding -except the first dance with the bride- so you can imagine how it made me feel)

So, I thank you sir

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    It's Kool-Aid!
    Works for me

Where is Cold Water? It seems she enjoyed Quicksilver in Days of Future Past so much that she forgot about X-Factor)

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Where is Cold Water? It seems she enjoyed Quicksilver in Days of Future Past so much that she forgot about X-Factor)
    Haha, I was wondering that as well. Heck, even I liked Quicksilver in the movie, even with all the discrepancies. The snark was there, as was the interaction with his father (Mags' face on the elevator scene was hysterical!), and it was amazing to watch him use his powers the way he did. Very entertaining indeed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I don't think she did enjoy him in the movie :P

I am here!

1. No. No to DoFP Quicksilver, BUT! having said that, if there is any chance in the universe(s), that it gets Pietro into more x-books, or keeps him in this one, THEN YASSSS. I haven't seen the movie, and don't intend to go to the theaters to see it, but I may see it once it hits DVD/Blu-Ray/WHATEVER.
    2. I always avoid this thread when the newest issue comes out if I haven't had the opportunity to read the issue yet. I have been so busy with work, that I'm behind on this week's releases. This is by far my most favorite current book in all of current ever, so I don't want to stumble upon spoilers. I want the awesome to be fresh when I read it.
    3. I always miss you guys, though.
    4. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEKO IS BACK!!! You're not ever allowed to disappear on us again, Neko, because this thread is never the same without you. <3
    5. PAD, please keep posting here. We want to hear your feedback to our reactions to this fantastic book, as much as we want to love on this fantastic book.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    I am here!

1. No. No to DoFP Quicksilver, BUT! having said that, if there is any chance in the universe(s), that it gets Pietro into more x-books, or keeps him in this one, THEN YASSSS. I haven't seen the movie, and don't intend to go to the theaters to see it, but I may see it once it hits DVD/Blu-Ray/WHATEVER.
    Don't judge DoFP Quicksilver by looks alone, I would say he was one of the best parts of the film and certainly one of the most fun parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilverfan View Post
    I'm a "glass is half-empty" kind of gal, and the fact that PAD came to the boards to thank us for our continued enthusiasm scares me. Does it mean sales are very low? Is the book going to get cancelled? do the sales chart track digital sales? Because I've bought most of my issues digitally.
    As for the CBR reviews, I hope they didn't stop reviewing it because of fan backlash. I hope they stopped reviewing it because they genuinely hated the book (for their misguided reasons ). I mean, if they can't take criticism, maybe they shouldn't dish it out themselves.
    Rating the start of a book as a one star tends to mean something epically bad. The first issue of this series was a good set issue, it might not have been the most amazing comic ever written, but it was a very solid start. The major comic reviewers on sites like IGN, CBR and Newsarama never really gave the series a chance and either ignored it or treated it as if it was one of the worst things Marvel ever created.
    Last edited by jmc247; 05-24-2014 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    I am here!
    3. I always miss you guys, though.
    4. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEKO IS BACK!!! You're not ever allowed to disappear on us again, Neko, because this thread is never the same without you. <3
    5. PAD, please keep posting here. We want to hear your feedback to our reactions to this fantastic book, as much as we want to love on this fantastic book.
    LOL - I'll do my best to be here.

IA with you - yes PAD please visit often. I am looking forward to Gambit being naughty!

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Don't judge DoFP Quicksilver by looks alone, I would say he was one of the best parts of the film and certainly one of the most fun parts.

Rating the start of a book as a one star tends to mean something epically bad. The first issue of this series was a good set issue, it might not have been the most amazing comic ever written, but it was a very solid start. The major comic reviewers on sites like IGN, CBR and Newsarama never really gave the series a chance and either ignored it or treated it as if it was one of the worst things Marvel ever created.
    Even the latest Gambit solo was poorly reviewed by CBR,Ign which was really smartly written by asmus and the same thing has happened with all new x-factor. I never read too much quicksilver but pad made me really interested in quicksilver and I was really excited to see him in action in x-men dofp and I must say He stole the show.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    I am not in the mood for movieverse Quicksilver.
    When I am, I'll see it.
    Thnx.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by belay View Post
    Even the latest Gambit solo was poorly reviewed by CBR,Ign which was really smartly written by asmus and the same thing has happened with all new x-factor. I never read too much quicksilver but pad made me really interested in quicksilver and I was really excited to see him in action in x-men dofp and I must say He stole the show.
    CBR is a comic book resource. And as such, they should be able to review books, but the problem is, those given the job are biased. It can't be biased. Maybe they should have three people do it and post the best one. I know its feels like busy work. But the problem with the Gambit solo and ANXF is closed minded views and going into the review with a per-disposed disposition. Every book and issue should be treated as new. IMO.
    Last edited by Neko; 05-25-2014 at 10:02 AM.