Page 53 of 254 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    I am not in the mood for movieverse Quicksilver.
    When I am, I'll see it.
    Thnx.
    Why are you so against it?.. you really should give him a shot.

I am not in the mood for movieverse Quicksilver.
    When I am, I'll see it.
    Thnx.
    I was not asking you to see it, I was telling you don't judge a book by its cover or in the case of many fans of Quicksilver his costume.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Why are you so against it?.. you really should give him a shot.
    We hates how he looks.

But I watch American Horror Story and so does Cold Water we know Evan Peters is a great actor.

Particularly in Halloween Part 2 where he runs away from his vicitims lol I watched that and thought "Ah so this is why Fox wanted him as Quicksilver!"

Looks can be deceiving. It's not like they sewed his mouth shut, gave him forearm blades, and let him shoot lasers out of his eyes...

BANNED

Looks can be deceiving. It's not like they sewed his mouth shut, gave him forearm blades, and let him shoot lasers out of his eyes...
    Ah but they gave him A horribly fake wig that's far too long, Goggles, Walkman (To a guy who thinks really fast and therefore can't really listen to music), dressed him like Dazzler and put him in for 2 scenes.

I'd argue that's just as bad

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyBlueElf View Post
    Ah but they gave him A horribly fake wig that's far too long, Goggles, Walkman (To a guy who thinks really fast and therefore can't really listen to music), dressed him like Dazzler and put him in for 2 scenes.

I'd argue that's just as bad
    lol well with out spoiling anything... they make all of it work.

BANNED

lol well with out spoiling anything... they make all of it work.
    I could still say Deadpool's scene in Origins was awesome because of how he was Teleporting, using Optic Blasts and Forearm Blades.

I could still say Deadpool's scene in Origins was awesome because of how he was Teleporting, using Optic Blasts and Forearm Blades.

Sure, but it wasn't physically who his character was and a total misrepresentation of who the character is. Nothing that Quicksilver does in DoFP is that out of character.

BANNED

Sure, but it wasn't physically who his character was and a total misrepresentation of who the character is. Nothing that Quicksilver does in DoFP is that out of character.
    Deadpool wasn't that out of character either I mean Ryan Reynolds played him great after the operation he may have had his mouth sewn but he had his healing factor and he's used Teleportation before in the comics and attempting to kill Logan is something he's done before in the comics.

Deadpool wasn't that out of character either I mean Ryan Reynolds played him great after the operation he may have had his mouth sewn but he had his healing factor and he's used Teleportation before in the comics and attempting to kill Logan is something he's done before in the comics.
    You're kind of missing my point.

I've been through this so many times.. Yes, Ryan Reynolds played a great Wade Wilson. Yes, he could teleport. But what was done to him after the first 15 minutes of that film was disastrous. He became a new/different character altogether. Not like Storm not having an accent. Not like Rogue not being able to fly. And now to my actual point.... Quicksilver in Days of Future Past wearing a funky 70's jacket is nothing close to that type of misrepresentation.

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilverfan View Post
    I'm a "glass is half-empty" kind of gal, and the fact that PAD came to the boards to thank us for our continued enthusiasm scares me. Does it mean sales are very low? Is the book going to get cancelled? do the sales chart track digital sales? Because I've bought most of my issues digitally.
    I'm not sure if we'd be able to really assign a reason just yet, and I say that more out of ignorance on my part than anything else, but I think a writer at least looking at what fans say alone (both praise and criticism) is a good thing. I won't say "can only be good" because that depends on how the writer and the fans each behave.

I haven't seen the movie, and don't intend to go to the theaters to see it, but I may see it once it hits DVD/Blu-Ray/WHATEVER.
    Days of Future Past, now out on donkey.

Quote Originally Posted by Neko View Post
    LOL - I'll do my best to be here.

IA with you - yes PAD please visit often. I am looking forward to Gambit being naughty!
    Too late, I've already chained you to a computer. There is no life, there is only the ANXF thread. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Neko View Post
    CBR is a comic book resource. And as such, they should be able to review books, but the problem is, those given the job are biased. It can't be biased. Maybe they should have three people do it and post the best one. I know its feels like busy work. But the problem with the Gambit solo and ANXF is closed minded views and going into the review with a per-disposed disposition. Every book and issue should be treated as new. IMO.
    All reviews are inherently biased, the trick is that the reviewer needs to be willing to admit they have bias and then make an attempt to keep that bias in check. The reviews from CBR were bias run amok. No attempt to account for personal leanings, no attempt to try to understand where a book is coming from, just pure self-serving bias.

I disagree with you that every book and issue should be treated as new. I'll agree that it should be judged based on its own merits and not how well it comes off like something a completely different writer would write, but what's been said and done before is very important. If past work says Wolverine is a tough guy and fierce fighter, you wouldn't want to give an issue a pass for having him terrified of fighting out of nowhere. It might amuse some people that don't like Wolverine or don't care about his character history all that much, but it would be insulting to his history and fans of him.

That'll be Channing Tatum's Gambit!

I'm waiting until we get confirmation that the little girl wearing the dress in DoFP is Lorna before I see the film. Last time I cared about the X-Men films enough to watch them was X-Men II, I don't really want to spend time and money to see the film if the main reason I'd want to see it changes due to Fox deciding the little girl should be a completely different character. Currently, all signs point to the intent being Lorna since Bryan Singer said she's not Wanda, but the little sister, and with Wanda given an indirect mention as being the little girl's big sister. But, I know Fox could decide to change that, so I'm waiting until I know she's Lorna or that Lorna will be in the next film before I get invested in anything.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

BANNED

Posted this in the Gambit thread but look at the two Snarky Friends!

T2SeqZw_zps5f4bc7b3.jpg

I love that image. They are the best bromance I've seen in a bit. I still prefer Gambit/Wolverine bromance but this new one is kickin' butt and in the lead with me. I love it when these two snark. PAD - they need to snark more!

Am I the only one who notices that QS gives Gambit an evil eye on a regular basis. Part of the snark I think.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Where is Cold Water? It seems she enjoyed Quicksilver in Days of Future Past so much that she forgot about X-Factor)
    Sorry, guys.
    My #1 was meant to answer this.

I said I wasn't in the mood for moviesilver right now, I will most likely see it when it comes out on DVD/BLU-RAY/DONKEY/WHATEVER.

If I said I hate Moviesilver, or attempted to discourage anyone from seeing the movie, in this thread, please quote me.
    I have had a very long work week, and I may be forgetting that I did, in fact, do these things.
    Because as of right now, I recall doing neither.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Posted this in the Gambit thread but look at the two Snarky Friends!

T2SeqZw_zps5f4bc7b3.jpg
    The two snarky friends was my favorite cartoon as a child. I always loved it whe the legion of sarcasam's base would rise up out of of the swamp. That and the monkey.