Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Default My Plan to Fix the Most Boring Sport on Earth.....GOLF !

Its a nice day and your hanging with your friends. You just had some fine BBQ ribs , played some video games and bragged about the chicks (or dudes) you been kicking it with. So you decide to see what sports game is on. But then you see there is no Football , Baseball , Soccer , Basketball or even...Tennis !

The only thing on is.....

GOLF !

YES GOLF !

So your stuck having to watch this paint peeling sport. Where the announcers whisper and everything is like some serene deal from Joy of Paint by Bob Ross. So what can we do to fix this boring sport ? Well.....its why I'm here. I'm gonna make this SPORT FUN.

The 1st thing is how we need to PUMP the crowd. Its one thing we need in this sport. An exciting person to introduce each golfer to the crowd. With a loud mic as they arrive. For example we get Michael Buffer here.

"Introducing , ...a winner of 82 PGA Tours , 41 European Tours and 3 Japan tours. A member of the PGA Hall of Fame ....and considered one of the greatest Golfers in History .....this is ....TIGER WOOOOOOOOODS !"

This will pump the crowd and make them excited watching live.

Now lets discuss the live crowd. This needs fixed too. We need to have people carrying signs , air horns and more to show their approval at times. With a live hot crowd the excitement will be seen. You can have people paint their bodies , dress as golfers they like and more ! It screams fun.

Imagine instead of one of those boring guys barely talking loud we get the excited Jim Ross. Say Tiger hits a ball 400 yards , we can have J.R. scream "GOOD GAAWD ALMIGHTY , GOOD GAWD ALMIGHTY that ball was just hit 400 yards !"

Jim Ross being excited at even small hits of the ball will add that exciting factor. Then we can add dancers to the side and really up some fun to Golf. So PGA ....time to call me !
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

The thing is, and you see it on your first picture, the public is very far-away from the players: it doesn’t help to create a connection between them.

The golf is about all the suspense: will the little ball go into the hole? Change the color of the ball, make it more visible.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    The thing is, and you see it on your first picture, the public is very far-away from the players: it doesn’t help to create a connection between them.

The golf is about all the suspense: will the little ball go into the hole? Change the color of the ball, make it more visible.

Crowd needs to be closer. We need a loud ovation and more. You get an excited crowd in picture then you have the aspect of..."Ok this is fun..." if the people are that into it shown.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

I dont find golf boring at all. I get a thrill out of the long hits the putts that look like they are going in just to circle the cup and roll away.

I do get a kick out of your posts though
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Aren’t they already doing some of that stuff on the LIV Tour, or, as I call it, the Bonesaw Tour, because it’s brought to us by the Saudis, those charming folks who ordered journalist Jamal Khasshogi cut up like a chicken in a Perdue factory?
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 09-23-2022 at 09:09 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Aren’t they already doing some of that stuff on the LIV Tour, or, as I call it, the Bonesaw Tour, because it’s brought to us by the Saudis, those charming folks who ordered journalist Jamal Khasshogi cut up like a chicken in a Perdue factory?
    Cutting to pieces the losers? Live,on Saudi TV? That would increase interest.

Professional Golf needs to be more like Mini-Golf, only on a much larger scale. Water traps, Sand Traps, eh....

Having to hit to ball through a Pipe-Maze with just enough force to have it exit without overshooting the cup, that's a challenge.

Or try to get a hole in one when you have to putt over a wall that blocks your view.

You know, get creative.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

I'd rather watch professional golf than rhythmic gymnastics.

Ribbon dancing? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

Ribbon dancing? Why?
    So many uncultured people on this thread. I didnt know who I was as a human till I cried watching Ribbon Dancing.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Ribbon dancing? Why?
    I like Gymnastics, all forms. It takes a whole lot of strength, skill, and nerves of steel to make some of those moves.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I dont find golf boring at all. I get a thrill out of the long hits the putts that look like they are going in just to circle the cup and roll away.

I do get a kick out of your posts though
    This is why we need Jim Ross screaming out.. "Go in the damn hole ! Come on !!"

Ribbon dancing? Why?
    It’s beautiful?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

How about we introduce Lederhosen to both golf and ribbon dancing?

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I like Gymnastics, all forms. It takes a whole lot of strength, skill, and nerves of steel to make some of those moves.
    Oh, a lot of gymnastics is interesting to watch and requires much skill to perform.

But ribbon dancing . . . no thanks.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

My solution to make golf more interesting is to make anyone outside the top 10 of any competition fighting each other to death using nothing more than the clubs they used in the competition. I guarantee it would get people watching.