Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Just cause Hickman didn't write it doesn't make it any less canon like the whole Phoenix & Avengers plot happening no one necessarily likes it but it's still happening.
    people think only Hickman stories are cannon? well that is not how a shared universe works

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    And also: Why does losing his powers make his X-Gen disappear?

Shouldn't it cause everything he's done with his powers to disappear?

Like, the whole multiverse.
    Their implying he never had one at all you can't lose something you don't have. Also from what I understood Franklin provided ideas/power molecule man did the heavy living as far as the multiverse at least that's how I understood it.

Cool story, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    people think only Hickman stories are cannon? well that is not how a shared universe works
    If it exist seems to be just a mentality on the X-Boards

Wasn't longshot a human and longtime x-men? Is he allowed there? He is not a mutant.

Also i guess Franklin as a member of generation x team doesn't help here.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 11-18-2020 at 07:11 AM.

In the Days of Future Present crossover, 5-year-old Franklin tried to make himself not a mutant anymore, and his powers were draining away then too.

"plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose"

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    What's also stupid is that this isn't the first time Franklin has lost his powers. That boy loses his powers at the drop of a hat and neither Cerebro or Reed picked up on this before?
    Whats so funny is Reed just went through a whole story where he changed Franklyn's dna so cerebro wouldn't pick up on it. Now i get they could be saying that without his power Franklyn lost his fake x-gene, but still with all that how would Cerebro know? Did Xavier leave a mental plant in franklyn's head for this moment why would he do that when franklyn was just on Krakoa playing dungeons and dragons. It just makes no sense on any level. I'm really sitting here trying too. I mean he has lost his powers before, we have seen his xgene- reed has a whole data page on a device, Xavier erased the device from Reed memory. So is Xavier just trying to keep him out of X of Sword or is this a case if it's not worth it because the more i think about it this is either a bait and switch red herring or truly one of the laziest retcons i have ever seen. And it doesn't even bother me the act itself, but at least make it make some sense.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Whats so funny is Reed just went through a whole story where he changed Franklyn's dna so cerebro wouldn't pick up on it. Now i get they could be saying that without his power Franklyn lost his fake x-gene, but still with all that how would Cerebro know? Did Xavier leave a mental plant in franklyn's head for this moment why would he do that when franklyn was just on Krakoa playing dungeons and dragons. It just makes no sense on any level. I'm really sitting here trying too. I mean he has lost his powers before, we have seen his xgene- reed has a whole data page on a device, Xavier erased the device from Reed memory. So is Xavier just trying to keep him out of X of Sword or is this a case if it's not worth it because the more i think about it this is either a bait and switch red herring or truly one of the laziest retcons i have ever seen. And it doesn't even bother me the act itself, but at least make it make some sense.
    Maybe Disney sold the movie rights to X-Men by mistake already and they're beginning a new round of mutant purges.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    X of Swords is all but a joke at the moment so I highly doubt it has anything to do with that, I truly believe it's just a lazy retcon but it's not like up untill F4VX Franklin ever actually cared about being a mutant or it was a substantial plot for the X-Folk in the grand scheme of X it really doesn't matter in the long run. *Shrugs*

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Wasn't longshot a human and longtime x-men? Is he allowed there? He is not a mutant.

Also i guess Franklin as a member of generation x team doesn't help here.
    Longshot i son Mojo universe.

Juggernaut wasnt welomed on Krakoa too

I just find it funny how everyone was like let Franklin explore his heritage and in the end it turns out to he appropriation and this could be a metaphor of sorts him "I'm a mutant, you're a mutant, were all mutants, everyone wants to be a mutant when it's convenient" (Now swap out mutant for black)
    Rachel Dolezal, Franklin is the mutant version of her

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Maybe Disney sold the movie rights to X-Men by mistake already and they're beginning a new round of mutant purges.
    I think it is more so now that they have the rights back and X-men is basically the preimere franchise of marvel again sales wise and how fast disney got them disney + icons up i would say they are weeding out mutants they don't have full control over for whatever the 2021 plans are. They are wrapping up Storm/BP and pulling in other mutants not usually in X-books like Manifold. So while i think it's more franchise purge for clarity when they get their FF and Xmen stuff up and going. 'I mean that's if i look at it as a directive.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member

Hyperstorm needs to come back ASAP

I mean... the first and most basic law of Krakoa is that it's a mutant safe haven away from the collective of people who literally spent most of their history trying to eliminate them. Why would they allow someone in once they found out that they weren't in fact a mutant. Like the Krakoan gates by design are very clearly meant to only allow mutants in (and their guests). You don't see me inviting Rachel Dolezal to the cookout when I found out that it was just a tan.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Of course not.

Never made sense to me Franklin be a mutant. I guess Slott had the same idea

Their implying he never had one at all you can't lose something you don't have. Also from what I understood Franklin provided ideas/power molecule man did the heavy living as far as the multiverse at least that's how I understood it.
    No, the implication is that Franklin created a fake X-Gen that for some reason has disappeared once he has lost his powers.

In other words, something created by his powers disappears because he no longer has his powers. It's illogical.