Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Eh. They still accept Mr Sinister, who's not even a real mutant in their Quiet Council.
    Exactly. Pure bullshit all around. They only accept Sinister because he has something they want. This is the first comic in a long time that’s actually made me angry. Between this and Lyja acting like a typical Skrull instead of the personality she’s had since the 90’s...

If Hickman didn’t sign off on this he’s going to be pissed. What was even the point of that F4/X-Men mini now? Also Sinister literally stole another mutant’s x-gene and gave it to himself so I don’t see how Xavier can take the high road on this lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    That just furthers my point that he never cared about being a mutant just the potential benefits. At the end of the day that's all he ever cared about his powers, & his family.
    It doesn’t mean he didn’t like being a member of an “extended family” on Krakoa.

Imagine: welcoming people saying that you are one of them and like them, you are special. You knew all your life that you are special but your family has tried to humble you and probably said being special is not enough. As good parents, they wanted you to broaden your horizons.
    And then suddenly, you’re back to square one. Special but similar to no one. Troubling, isn’t it?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    If Hickman didn’t sign off on this he’s going to be pissed. What was even the point of that F4/X-Men mini now? Also Sinister literally stole another mutant’s x-gene and gave it to himself so I don’t see how Xavier can take the high road on this lol.
    Slott has about as much clout as Hickman I don't think he cares.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I had a similar thought.

Did Slott confer with HiX-Man on what he had planned for Franklin in this issue?
    Or...
    Maybe he did and HiX-Man just said F-it. Go ahead! Franklin was just taking up OL space anyway. (which he was...seeing as how there are other OL reality manipulators on the list).

Good riddance, I say. For all the years of Franklin "being a mutant" no one has ever done anything significant with him in the X-verse or the FF-verse regarding that (F/X was rubbish and doesn't count)...so it really is an absolute non-issue.

The way I see it...this is a great opportunity for HiX-Man to revise some of those extraneous sub-plots he introduced in X-Men 01.
    Franklin Richards-OL mutant...? *cut*
    Storm no longer connected to T'Challa/Wakanda being a thorn...? *cut*
    All good writers do this.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 11-18-2020 at 08:43 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    It doesn’t mean he didn’t like being a member of an “extended family” on Krakoa.

Imagine: welcoming people saying that you are one of them and like them, you are special. You knew all your life that you are special but your family has tried to humble you and probably said being special is not enough. As good parents, they wanted you to broaden your horizons.
    And then suddenly, you’re back to square one. Special but similar to no one. Troubling, isn’t it?
    Not really a true badass stands alone. And some extended family they dropped him after what 4 weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    another master strike for the greatest editor that ever lived !

Attachment 102395
    Sales of Fantastic Four at the start of Brevoort's tenure as Executive Editor (2007): 84,334
    Sales of FF (now): 31,031

meanwhile Batman is up 25% over the same period, and X-Men is about the same.

Extraordinary Member

If this is intended to stick, then Tom Brevoort is really doubling down on the whole "none of the mutant characters I control are mutants" thing.

If Wiccan and Speed had ever been designated mutants, they would be next, but of course they never were. But Vance Astrovik is a sitting duck.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Okay so I know everyone is gonna get a kick outta this **** today's Fantastic 4 pulled one hell of a retcon and it somewhat changes the Omega Mutant dynamic, as it turns out Franklin Richards was never a mutant, came directly from the mouth of Xavier himself. Promptly Xavier rejected him from Krakoa proving they only ever cared about him for his powers making the F4 semi justified throughout the entirety of F4VX kind of making Krakoa look like **** in the process. Also Franklin will likely immediately be kicked off the omega level mutant list & the History of the Marvel Universe issues that labeled him as the "Most Powerful Mutant Ever" is no longer valid.

Any thoughts I personally thought again it makes Krakoa look like frauds and makes all those issues with X Vs F4 a complete waste of time. Also after months of calling Franklin a false God I was proven right he's a fraud love this for me!!

Edit My image didn't upload properly but I'll leave it all the same.
    I CALLED IT!! I said in the review thread of last issue they were just gonna make him never have been a mutant and people said that was crazy but I knew it. I have been reading slott for 20 years if he sees something in a character he doesn’t like he just cuts it out with a knife. Everyone saying the FF were wrong for saying and doing what they did in the mini is eating crow lol cause they just confirmed that if you have no power you are not welcomed on the promised land

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I think this is a giant ploy by Slott.

There is no way such a giant retcon would be done in a ordinary issue off FF. I would believe it if this happened in a event, but not here.
    No it isn’t he is writing out the X-men connection so he doesn’t have to worry about links to DOX he does stuff like this all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    If this is intended to stick, then Tom Brevoort is really doubling down on the whole "none of the mutant characters I control are mutants" thing.

If Wiccan and Speed had ever been designated mutants, they would be next, but of course they never were. But Vance Astrovik is a sitting duck.
    Actually Wiccan & Speed were designated mutants on 3 instances their short, secret Invasion, & Children's Crusade. The next most likely retcon could be Molly Hayes all though she was seen looking at a Krakoa pamphlet in the latest Runaways issue.

Well...This was a really dumb retcon. And way to kick a child while he's already down, Charles. Gave him a home away from home (even if it meant going against his parents' wishes), treated him like family, gave him friends and a place where he felt like he belonged, promised to help him figure out what's wrong with his powers.

And then as soon as you figure out he's not what you thought he was (something that he also had no idea of, mind you), you shut him off from the same home you gave him without warning and then bluntly tell him "Yeah, your invitation is rescinded. Have a nice life". Seriously, **** Charles Xavier.

What happened to Wanda and Pietro was stupid but this...this was just cruel.

I know he wrecked Franklin's cocky ass isn't it great!!

Considering this revelation, imagine the awkward conversation they’d be having had they killed him in crucible trying to restore his powers only to find they couldn’t resurrect him due to not being a mutant.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    another master strike for the greatest editor that ever lived !

Attachment 102395

is anyone surprised?

also can't wait to savor kid thanos and the new phoenix force contest over at avengers (another title graced by his excellent editing skills)
    So why is Johnny still straight? Revealing him as bi would sell tons.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!