Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

This "retcon" occurred in the middle of a story arc. Can we withhold judgement until we learn whether or not this is merely a ruse?

Quote Originally Posted by Bozack View Post
    This "retcon" occurred in the middle of a story arc. Can we withhold judgement until we learn whether or not this is merely a ruse?
    Right, it can still be something like "Franklin has self-esteem issues and his subconscious makes him see an imaginary Xavier."

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Marvel basically turned Wanda into Meg Griffin didn't they? That's what she has been reduced to.
    Marvel threw most of the Avengers women under the bus just to push Carol and Natasha.

No one cares.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I'm just catching up on the latest Marvel releases and just came across this very underwhelming couple of pages with Franklin and Professor X. The revelation brings back bad memories of "the CompleX" except we know this cannot be the case here.

It's clearly something Dan Slott seemed to have in mind for a while when he started showing Franklin's power diminishing upon use, which isn't normally the case with mutants, but especially so soon after the recent X4 mini it all seems awfully anticlimactic.

I usually find Slott to be an excellent writer even though his FF hasn't quite wowed me, but I still trust him to flesh out this Franklin issue anymore because the brief exchange with Charles in the latest issue is nowhere near satisfactory.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    This is incredibly stupid, there is no logical way Xavier found out all of this.

Luckily, it's so stupid that it can be fixed with "No Franklin, Xavier never spoke to you, it was your subconscious that told you that because you hated yourself."
    I wouldn't be too hasty in calling it 'stupid' ,what it presupposes is not every omega power or ability is because of an X-gene, this is good in the long term because we can find out different mechanisms for the manifestation of powers.Some could be due to magic,others biology, others technological augmentation(CoV) now Franklin's are yet to be explained.For me this is exciting

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I wouldn't be too hasty in calling it 'stupid' ,what it presupposes is not every omega power or ability is because of an X-gene, this is good in the long term because we can find out different mechanisms for the manifestation of powers.Some could be due to magic,others biology, others technological augmentation(CoV) now Franklin's are yet to be explained.For me this is exciting
    It's not stupid that Franklin has powers naturally without being a mutant. It's stupid the way it is narrated for Xavier to discover this. I'd say it's even more forced than Wanda's magical paternity test at AXIS.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Marvel basically turned Wanda into Meg Griffin didn't they? That's what she has been reduced to.
    It's just people that never cared about her until mday being bitter. Wanda fans are use to it.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Is Franklin still a pre-cog? Could this just be a way to keep Franklin away from Krakoa?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    But he is not one, and his belief that he is one makes him delusional. Mutants cannot afford to trifle with delusional reality manipulators.
    Lol Legion says hello

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dumdumdumdumdum View Post
    Is Franklin still a pre-cog? Could this just be a way to keep Franklin away from Krakoa?
    Is that a Tattletale ability?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Is that a Tattletale ability?
    Yes. I seem to remember him having dreams of the future during Byrne's Fantastic Four run and during the 80s X-Men vs Fantastic Four mini. I could be remembering it incorrectly.

Astonishing Member

Could be fun if at the end of Hox/Pox or Hickman era it is explained that Franklin created Moira as the constant in his Matrix of universes he created for Mutants. Because he did this to prevent his universe from meeting an ultimate end at the hands of Dominions ,he calibrated Moira to keep reincarnating and preventing mutant extinction or stalling it for as long as possible.Having done this he built in two safeguards that keep him out of the loop so that it is indipendently functioning

1.He doesn't remember creating Moira(a self induced amnesia)
    2.After creating the universe he lost his Xgene and so is completely not at the "wheel" or invested in mutant destiny.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dumdumdumdumdum View Post
    Yes. I seem to remember him having dreams of the future during Byrne's Fantastic Four run and during the 80s X-Men vs Fantastic Four mini. I could be remembering it incorrectly.
    I think it was in Power Pack too back in the day.

Extraordinary Member

He had some sort of dreams/visions in X-Factor Annual #2. Funny thing about that is I don't recall them making any sort of deal about him being a "M"utant.