Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Fantastic Four #26 Franklin *spoilers*

Okay so I know everyone is gonna get a kick outta this **** today's Fantastic 4 pulled one hell of a retcon and it somewhat changes the Omega Mutant dynamic, as it turns out Franklin Richards was never a mutant, came directly from the mouth of Xavier himself. Promptly Xavier rejected him from Krakoa proving they only ever cared about him for his powers making the F4 semi justified throughout the entirety of F4VX kind of making Krakoa look like **** in the process. Also Franklin will likely immediately be kicked off the omega level mutant list & the History of the Marvel Universe issues that labeled him as the "Most Powerful Mutant Ever" is no longer valid.

Any thoughts I personally thought again it makes Krakoa look like frauds and makes all those issues with X Vs F4 a complete waste of time. Also after months of calling Franklin a false God I was proven right he's a fraud love this for me!!

Edit My image didn't upload properly but I'll leave it all the same.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Journey; 11-18-2020 at 05:35 AM.

Were the FF justified for invading another country searching for their kid when such kid ran away from his parents' house because of their own fault, really? While Reed was creating a weapon against his own child and mutants in general?

I think Slott may be playing some sort of "Franklin retconned himself into not being a mutant" stuff maybe but at least for the moment we don't have to refer to that awful mini as anything important.

Eh. They still accept Mr Sinister, who's not even a real mutant in their Quiet Council.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Were the FF justified for invading another country searching for their kid when such kid ran away from his parents' house because of their own fault, really? While Reed was creating a weapon against his own child and mutants in general?

I think Slott may be playing some sort of "Franklin retconned himself into not being a mutant" stuff maybe but at least for the moment we don't have to refer to that awful mini as anything important.
    I think this is a giant ploy by Slott.

There is no way such a giant retcon would be done in a ordinary issue off FF. I would believe it if this happened in a event, but not here.

BANNED

Not as BAD as the retcon of the biological parentage of Pietro and Wanda , but even WORSE than the retcon of the biological species of Doreen , both of which should already be Undone by now anyway. The three most powerful characters in Marvel (Franklin, Doreen, Wanda) all FLATSCANNED. This is 1000% pure speciesm!
    Last edited by EldonMaguan; 11-18-2020 at 06:02 AM.

I admit I actually laughed at this revelation, because I know it's going to upset some people. I'm not going to make judgements since the story about Franklin's powers isn't completely told yet. However, some other writer could easily retcon/undo it in the future by saying that Franklin imagined that conversation with Prof. X or is somehow being mentally manipulated.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

So do you think this is what originally Hickman had in mind when he wrote house of x? Feels anticlimatic

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post

I kind of meant justified in the belief the X-Men had no good intentions for Franky outside of his powers but I mean they did bring Vanguard to their front door so kinda eye for an eye the way I see that situation *shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Eh. They still accept Mr Sinister, who's not even a real mutant in their Quiet Council.
    And yet Xavier booted Franklin hmm makes you wonder.

This is incredibly stupid, there is no logical way Xavier found out all of this.

Luckily, it's so stupid that it can be fixed with "No Franklin, Xavier never spoke to you, it was your subconscious that told you that because you hated yourself."

I wonder if he'll get the dreaded "Pretender" label like Wanda it's literally the same situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I wonder if he'll get the dreaded "Pretender" label like Wanda it's literally the same situation.
    Franklin has never done mutants any harm, so they have no reason

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I kind of meant justified in the belief the X-Men had no good intentions for Franky outside of his powers but I mean they did bring Vanguard to their front door so kinda eye for an eye the way I see that situation *shrugs*
    Yeah actually I'm not willing to think too hard about that mini since it just made neither of the groups look good so they could have pointless fight scenes. And Doom manipulating it all wasn't a good pay off either

Anyway, I keep thinking and there is no logical way that Xavier discovered all this.

How is he going to know?

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Nothing outside of X-books about Krakoa counts, so I don’t think it makes Xavier or anyone else look like anything.

As for Franklin being a Mutant or not a Mutant, I don’t think that matters in the grand scheme of things, either. This is just a writer trying to entice X-readers to buy his book. Pass.