Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Kyle, Northstar's human husband, lives on Krakoa. Although we haven't seen them, it's almost certain that Karma's human brother and sister are living with her. I'm pretty sure they offered to bring Beak's mother and father before they were killed.
    Like CRANGER said, it is not a rule set on stone. Doc Strange went to krakoa e Cable started to say he wasn't welcome

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    Like CRANGER said, it is not a rule set on stone. Doc Strange went to krakoa e Cable started to say he wasn't welcome
    That's my entire point, writers of other books are using the "rule" to create drama and in the process making Krakoa look pretty terrible, which they don't care about because they aren't writing the X-Men.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    So what happened to the previous copies? Have they been deleted?
    Are you asking if Xavier says he deleted the backups? Otherwise, Cerebro does store backups of mutants who lost their powers in other ways including M-Day. If those backups continued on up to current day then what this version of Cerebro does or is capable of is apparently more than just back up memories of beings with an active X-gene

Well there's difference between someone who's invited personally by a mutant and someone who comes barging in a foreign country like Strange did. It's pretty much what Jean says in HoX #1,

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    That's my entire point, writers of other books are using the "rule" to create drama and in the process making Krakoa look pretty terrible, which they don't care about because they aren't writing the X-Men.
    Has a Hickman book stated otherwise? Because a couple lower tier books skirting around the issue by just having some tag longs be there without any meaningful explanation of it is not much to form a view of how life is on Krakoa.

Yeah, keep in mind that from Krakoa (the island) point of view, humans are parasites that live on top of it without giving it psionic energy.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    If this is intended to stick, then Tom Brevoort is really doubling down on the whole "none of the mutant characters I control are mutants" thing.

If Wiccan and Speed had ever been designated mutants, they would be next, but of course they never were. But Vance Astrovik is a sitting duck.
    They were mentioned to be mutants. Back in Children’s Crusade Emma said they were.

Extraordinary Member

No more teen orgies for him. Poor Franklin must feel like crap.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The X-Office hasn't cared about Franklin Richards in decades...until HiX-Man actually remembered he is a mutant, and tried to create some unnecessary plot drama with him and the F4.
    I think the X-Office still doesn't care about him. And Slott has done all of us a huge favour.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    My theory is that Slott didn't want to deal with Krakoa.
    Of course that's it. Anyone that read some of this issues feels pretty clearly he had his story planned since the 80's, at least, and everything that changed since then be damned. See Doom becoming an evil bastard with no redeeming qualities obsessed with the F4, even though Hickman spent 10 years having him moving on from that obsession.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    The X-Office hasn't cared about Franklin Richards in decades...until HiX-Man actually remembered he is a mutant, and tried to create some unnecessary plot drama with him and the F4.
    I think the X-Office still doesn't care about him. And Slott has done all of us a huge favour.
    I agree. If Slott has complete control of FF, he can do what he wants just as Hickman with X-men

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    They were mentioned to be mutants. Back in Children’s Crusade Emma said they were.
    She was trying to brainwash them at the time though.

They certainly could have been mutants, and some characters like Emma thought they were, but Brevoort was always adamant that they were not officially considered mutants, probably because that might have interfered with their movie rights (back when that mattered).

So... Ummm...

Didn't Chip Zdarsky say that XM/FF was supposed to be a metaphor for a trans teen coming out?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    So... Ummm...

Didn't Chip Zdarsky say that XM/FF was supposed to be a metaphor for a trans teen coming out?
    Yes and I thought it was bad. Not as bad as Rosenberg Rahne on Uncanny, but still bad.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    So... Ummm...

If that's true, I don't even know what what Slott has done would represent.