Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    I doubt this, Slott has full control of FF
    Fantastic Four is a smaller brand and makes far less money than the X-Men, theoretically if Hickman wishes he can get his way.

He probably won't because it might make him unpopular at Marvel and give him a Tom King kind of reputation.

Extraordinary Member

If Hickman even has any plans for Franklin that rely on him being a mutant they are far away and he has redundancies laid out anyway.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    If Hickman even has any plans for Franklin that rely on him being a mutant they are far away and he has redundancies laid out anyway.
    Franklin was mentioned in HoX/PoX and featured there, and a big showdown between mutants and the rest of the MU is teased. So I'd say Hickman does have plans for Franklin. It might not be for another year or so but he has them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Fantastic Four is a smaller brand and makes far less money than the X-Men, theoretically if Hickman wishes he can get his way.

He probably won't because it might make him unpopular at Marvel and give him a Tom King kind of reputation.
    FF isn't a smaller brand and that i snot how editorial works. Hickman can never get away with this

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Franklin was mentioned in HoX/PoX and featured there, and a big showdown between mutants and the rest of the MU is teased. So I'd say Hickman does have plans for Franklin. It might not be for another year or so but he has them.
    He might not need Franklin, just his powers which his DNA provides.

Quote Originally Posted by yellow cyclone View Post
    yeah and he was in control of spidey and iron man at one point and that was swept aside as well
    But only when he left those titles. Until he leaves FF, well...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    But only when he left those titles. Until he leaves FF, well...
    how long it took Slott on Spider-man books? 10 years?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    FF isn't a smaller brand and that i snot how editorial works. Hickman can never get away with this
    FF definitely is a smaller, less popular brand but they have claim to their own characters the same way the X-office does theirs. Franklin may be a mutant but he's primarily associated with the FF as a property so that's the creative team who'll chart out his direction moving forward. Hickman may still get access to the character (I think there's been too much build up for it not to get a proper conclusion), but he's probably being as accommodating as possible to Slott's plans.

Meaning rewrites and Franklin perhaps not being as essential to his story as initially hinted. It happens all the time in comics and should be expected, as it's a shared universe and plans change all the time. Plenty of writers before Hickman have had to deal with these types of setbacks and many will after.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    another master strike for the greatest editor that ever lived !

Attachment 102395

is anyone surprised?

also can't wait to savor kid thanos and the new phoenix force contest over at avengers (another title graced by his excellent editing skills)
    Oh yes, short term sale strategies, classic Marvel, too bad he's skipping the part where the sales drop because fans get annoyed after a while and drop it, and then Marvel tries to stop that bullshit for a while to stabilize the sales, DC has mastered the art of this moronic strat .

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
    I CALLED IT!! I said in the review thread of last issue they were just gonna make him never have been a mutant and people said that was crazy but I knew it. I have been reading slott for 20 years if he sees something in a character he doesn’t like he just cuts it out with a knife. Everyone saying the FF were wrong for saying and doing what they did in the mini is eating crow lol cause they just confirmed that if you have no power you are not welcomed on the promised land
    Congrats for noticing that lol.

Also this is giving me dissassembled Wanda vibes with the whole "You don't actually have Chaos Magic because it's not real", wonder if they ever decide to retcon that back, they'll use the same explanation of "You weren't talking with Xavier, you just went insane" lol.

Sigh, the spoiler makes me not wanna read this book.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Mighty Member

I might fundamentally disagree with the mutant metaphor entirely, but the implications that kid Franklin wanted to be special so badly that he wanted to be oppressed and hunted by giant robots is honestly a disturbing thought. It retroactively makes Franklin go from being in a teenage ******* phase to outright always being selfish. Honestly, it sounds like he has a victim complex which makes no sense since he doesn't need that complex since he used to always be kidnapped, manipulated, or possessed as often as people died and returned in comics.

Honestly, if you can accept Moira (a character that was human for over 20 years) is now suddenly a mutant with god-like reset powers you can accept that Franklin just reality warped himself into being a mutant. We recently had Gwenpool retcon herself into being a mutant just... out of nowhere. People need to accept when this happens, and not just assume mutant character = good, non-mutant = bad. Also, good catch on that potential Sinister Secrets hint. If that is indeed talking about Franklin that makes perfect sense.

Lastly, I agree with folks who classified this as cleaning up loose edges (ala Storm and Black Panther's relationship). For the isolated teams it makes it much easier to tell stories and control things if you don't have characters straddling awkward lines.

Amazing Member

This is so funny because the explanation makes no sense. He's the son of two astronaut scientists that got blasted by cosmic radiation. That is WAY more unique than being one out of 10 million mutants. Clownery.

It would require Franklin to make this sort of cosmic retcon to himself when he was a baby or a toddler, so the explanation that he wanted to be special is nonsense. Xavier could just be lying because he doesn't want the F4 to find out about the Crucible. But that's probably thinking too much into it.

Like others have said, its probably just a way to further isolate the X line from the rest of Marvel. No mutants outside of the X men, and no mutants can have meaningful connections outside the X line. I still think this isolation is going to be used to reboot the entire X history a la DC Crisis reboots.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    So, a woman who has been considered all her life as a human (Moira) is actually a mutant.

And a youngster who has been considered all his life as a mutant is actually a human. (Always dangerous to reject young people, they can react badly.)

Xavier never has looked more like like a cult leader…
    They ruined Moira.