Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Y'all act like Wanda even cares to go to Krakoa lets say that Beast email is canon she probably laughed at it than went & rode Voodoo
    Literally... We don't even know if she knows about krakoa, that email stuff was probably a joke page tho

On topic, do X-Men fans even like Franklin? Or people are mad because they don't like when writers change the "status quo"

Calling Slott transphobic for making Franklin human is crossing the line
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 11-19-2020 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Weirdos on Twitter always get their way if they scream loud enough, that's how social media works lol. I don't blame Slott at all. He's probably gonna offer a more substantial explanation in the future so Hickman still has some degree of access to Franklin. I think Franklin was still gonna play a role in the X-Men anyway (just a heavily reduced one), but I think it'd be best if there was more explaining of his powers and their origins.
    If what Slott says is true and everyone knew what his plans were at the summit im more inclined to believe the red around franklin was for "don't use. about to be deleted from the list." though most assumed it had to do with his alliegance but if that was the case those who had not chosen a human or mutant would have been a different color too. i suspect Hickman will keep his word and the omega list wont expand but with Franklyn gone from it that opens up a slot for him to make one mutant omega.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Literally... We don't even know if she knows about krakoa, that email stuff was probably a joke page tho

On topic, do X-Men fans even like Franklin? Or people are mad because they don't like when writers change the "status quo"

Calling Slott transfobic for making Franklin human is crossing the line
    I like Franklyn. The only disapointing part is i feel there has always been a deep connection between The fF and X-men and now in a way that has been severed. The FF will be the ones that suffer because of it though as i highly doubt anyone in the x-office is going to fall over themselves for Franklyn when the easy petty thing to do would just be make another mutant with his powerset or upgrade someone else to take his place.

Actually looking at the list if you team up the reality people already there Franklyn's powers are sort of redundant anyway. He will prob end up being the fake mutant from the sinister files and again this was prob put in because as slott said the summit.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post

Calling Slott transfobic for making Franklin human is crossing the line
    never saw a fandom for Franklin on x-men fans or people asking him to be on team. People mad because they think Hickman would use him

Transphobia is very real and it kills, call comeone transphobic over something that have nothing to do with trans people is awful

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    Transphobia is very real and it kills, call comeone transphobic over something that have nothing to do with trans people is awful
    I don’t know if he is transphobic. I do know “pretending to be trans to look cool” is a transphobic thought that this idea of him pretending or wanting to be a persecuted minority is at best tone deaf in today’s environments
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    I don’t know if he is transphobic. I do know “pretending to be trans to look cool” is a transphobic thought that this idea of him pretending or wanting to be a persecuted minority is at best tone deaf in today’s environments
    I never thought this way, while reading it. he wasn't pretending anything, it was a accident made by his powers when he barely understood him
    Last edited by baxer; 11-19-2020 at 03:46 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    First off, it is not tone deaf as there are people who have pretended to be something they are not for reasons and that is a valid story to tell if followed through properly, but that out of the way, get all of this mutants equal whatever real life identifier you decide to come up with out of the discussion as it is dangerous. The fantasy of being born with powers is relatable to everyone and all lives of adventure include danger whether it is world ending or personal.

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    I never thought this way, while reading it. he wasn't pretending anything, it was a accident made by his powers when he barely understood him
    I didn’t read it at all... however my first info about it came from a friend who prides herself on owning almost every FF issue and she was posed and that was HER reading of it... she called it “Dolazarding” franklin
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    First off, it is not tone deaf as there are people who have pretended to be something they are not for reasons and that is a valid story to tell if followed through properly, but that out of the way, get all of this mutants equal whatever real life identifier you decide to come up with out of the discussion as it is dangerous. The fantasy of being born with powers is relatable to everyone and all lives of adventure include danger whether it is world ending or personal.
    Marvel (and fox) has sold this concept as being a stand in for underrepresented minorities and persecuted minorities. So no, I will not stop putting them in that line of thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I like Franklyn. The only disapointing part is i feel there has always been a deep connection between The fF and X-men and now in a way that has been severed. The FF will be the ones that suffer because of it though as i highly doubt anyone in the x-office is going to fall over themselves for Franklyn when the easy petty thing to do would just be make another mutant with his powerset or upgrade someone else to take his place.

Actually looking at the list if you team up the reality people already there Franklyn's powers are sort of redundant anyway. He will prob end up being the fake mutant from the sinister files and again this was prob put in because as slott said the summit.
    Agreed Franklin is expendable Krakoa has Exodus, Proteus, X-Man, & Jamie Braddock possibly more theirs millions of mutants on that island they have hella warpers.

And on the other side of marvel you got characters like Wanda who fucked the game up with her powers that comeback on a writers whim, & Wiccan who's destined to become the sentient life-force of the universe both known to have created worlds in the past/present/future. Franklin is expendable and only really good for a deus ex machina their are now multiple characters who can fill that void if he never got his powers again no one at Marvel should lose sleep.

Idk **** about what it's like to be transgender or how some people may have gotten transphobic vibes from this issue thats not my place I don't really see it seems like a reach but each their own, as far as passing I don't think that's the message Slott was trying to portray. That could be an interesting story if given a chance I know from personal experience I wouldn't be where I'm at today or been provided the opportunity to get where I am today if say I had used my supposed "ghetto" first name on applications, instead of my "traditional" middle name, so their are reasons for it if a writer wanted to take a crack at it I say go head. *shrugs*

Chip Zdarsky said he wrote the X-Men/FF mini as a metaphor for a trans teen coming out to their family.

https://www.xplainthexmen.com/2020/0...cious-baubles/
    https://womenwriteaboutcomics.com/20...rans-allegory/

Astonishing Member

People are calling Slott transphobic over Franklin not being a mutant? That's a new one. He's not Chip Zdarsky and not all metaphors need to follow from one writer to another. As usual, upset fans are reaching.

BANNED

The News about Franklin Richards is so LEFT FIELD. But I’m sure this Retcon won’t last too long. But if it does.....I guess we can scratch Franklin Richards off the Omega Level List.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    People are calling Slott transphobic over Franklin not being a mutant? That's a new one. He's not Chip Zdarsky and not all metaphors need to follow from one writer to another. As usual, upset fans are reaching.
    uh, what?

Damn this thread has gone off the rails.

Everyone take a sip of water and breath.