Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    I'm not sure about this analysis. Yes, mutants are a group but the mutant experience is still something special compared to other heroes.

Having cosmic powers isn't that unique when you're in a family filled with superpowered geniuses but being a part of a marginalized group is. Franklin is acting like people who pretend to be other races or have mental illnesses for clout, Xavier shouldn't sugarcoat it.
    No sure that you can compare Franklin’s powers with being invisible or stretched but the big difference is that the other Richards weren’t born this way.
    No matter what there is in Franklin’s DNA, Franklin and the Krakoans have in common to be born different and it has made a difference in their upbringing and the vision of themselves.

What is different from the Krakoans is that the status, the wealth of the Richards has shielded Franklin from being cast aside because of it. But it’s something that Charles Xavier, particularly, could unterstand.

And the mutants, villains and the others, joined together to have clout.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

I am beginning to think that now that Franklin is older, he'll turn out to be a mutant when he turns 13 and awake a different set of powers. Then Slott will have him reject Krakoa, because of course he will.

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    I am beginning to think that now that Franklin is older, he'll turn out to be a mutant when he turns 13 and awake a different set of powers. Then Slott will have him reject Krakoa, because of course he will.
    Franklin's like 15 now.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Franklin's like 15 now.
    Mutant powers while most often emerge at puberty can develop earlier or later if at all. Elizabeth Guthrie is a college age mutant but her powers have not developed yet.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

I thought the stupid merger was supposed to prevent this stupid bull from happening anymore. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Franklin's like 15 now.
    I've tried to find some source to confirm his age, but I haven't found any. Just this BC post that has a panel saying that it's been 5 years for them. So it depends on how old you believe Franklin was before Secret Wars. That post claims he was meant to be 8, so he would be 13 now.

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    I've tried to find some source to confirm his age, but I haven't found any. Just this BC post that has a panel saying that it's been 5 years for them. So it depends on how old you believe Franklin was before Secret Wars. That post claims he was meant to be 8, so he would be 13 now.
    A recent FF had Sue mention that they have two teenagers now, so Val is at least 13. Add however many years Franklin is supposed to be older than her.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    A recent FF had Sue mention that they have two teenagers now, so Val is at least 13. Add however many years Franklin is supposed to be older than her.
    I thought he was 6/7 years older then her?

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    No sure that you can compare Franklin’s powers with being invisible or stretched but the big difference is that the other Richards weren’t born this way.
    No matter what there is in Franklin’s DNA, Franklin and the Krakoans have in common to be born different and it has made a difference in their upbringing and the vision of themselves.

What is different from the Krakoans is that the status, the wealth of the Richards has shielded Franklin from being cast aside because of it. But it’s something that Charles Xavier, particularly, could unterstand.

And the mutants, villains and the others, joined together to have clout.
    By that you mean...?

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    By that you mean...?
    Just that Franklin’s family is a community where Franklin always felt secure: his family wasn’t bullied because they weren’t like everyone. Difference is not something bad for Franklin. On the contrary… the FF are heroes.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Just that Franklin’s family is a community where Franklin always felt secure: his family wasn’t bullied because they weren’t like everyone. Difference is not something bad for Franklin. On the contrary… the FF are heroes.
    Hmm, i get your saying but i feel like that is more dependent on who is writing them. Like i felt Hickman during his run did good in how the family interacted and show that despite everything Reed loved his family but then you look at them in the X4 mini who like to portray him as this know it all and negligent in his son feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Yeah they reeeeeeally don't take kindly to "pretenders" [eyeroll]. Maybe Charles was telling Franklin not to come back for his own safety lol
    Wonder if we'll eventually have that guy talking **** about Franklin being a pretender to those kids too lol.

But yeah, would be nice, even if creepy, that Xavier was watching over Franklin to warn him ASAP that he can't go to Krakoa, to avoid stoning .

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    They're absolutely trolling her...and it's hilarious. (at least that's how I'm reading it which may be the opposite to how it's meant to be interpreted.)
    It's possible that it's just Beast's scientific curiosity, to see if she'd go through the portal if she's not a mutant, 'cause she used to be thought of as one.

Actual reasoning is that it's just a nod to the retcon, but yeah lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Literally... We don't even know if she knows about krakoa, that email stuff was probably a joke page tho
    Is she living under a rock again? 'Cause that's the only way for her to not know about Krakoa, it's kind of a big deal lol.

so we through the recent X Men/Fantastic Four Team up and now Franklins not a Mutant,wowwww ok Marvel what next Thor isn't rerally an ASGARDIAN he's Olympian Zues lost son.glad I only read my friends Comics.i'd be pissed if I spent my hard earned money.

Very X-cited Member TheMutantTheorist's Avatar

Im not sure if this retcon is fake or is a step towards something bigger. It's just a theory but what if Franklin channels his inner Wanda when after he finds oiut the fact that hes not a mutant and re retcons everyone who was retconed to not be a mutant like Wanda, Pietro, Squirrel Girl, Cloak, and Dagger to be mutant again. Prolly never gonna happen but I feel like the maximoff twins retcon is gonna be undone soon so it could happen in some other twisted way. Wanda could have easily done the opposite and changed reality so that she isnt a mutant. Im hoping Franklin is just imagining that whole convo with Xavier.

Did Emma not bring Forges human friend to live on Krakoa. The guy with the brain schematics to make Forges mutant depowered gun? I don't get why Xavier is doing this if its a rule already broken unless FF writers didn't get the memo.

Also Emma invited humans in MSF in Fractions run despite Cyclope being against it. And in the terrigen mist thing when Storm took them to limbo humans were allowed there with their mutant families