Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    Of course not.

Never made sense to me Franklin be a mutant. I guess Slott had the same idea
    Then what the hell is he and why is he so powerful?
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    X of Swords is all but a joke at the moment so I highly doubt it has anything to do with that, I truly believe it's just a lazy retcon but it's not like up untill F4VX Franklin ever actually cared about being a mutant or it was a substantial plot for the X-Folk in the grand scheme of X it really doesn't matter in the long run. *Shrugs*
    I do feel it matters. It doesn't bother me but ever since i can remember the FF and X-men have been intertwined and sort of an extended family. If there is one outside group i feel have honorary membership it's them. It may have been a product of the rights but every since i started reading comics there was a connection. Jean in Jamacia Bay, Franklyn/Rachel, Franklyn Kitty/ Marvel Girl(val) and the x-men/ Storm on FF, Iceman one day on FF. These two teams have always been the best chance of coexistance if there was ever going to be it in the mu. So it's still objectively a little, i guess disappointing to see that connection severed because for me, during my reading history of marvel it has always been there.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Mighty Member

So what makes this time he lost his powers any different than when he didn't have them for a portion of Hickman's FF run or any other time he was rendered powerless like in the Waid run?

If someone had said, "oh, your use of your powers denatured your x-gene," then I can buy that. Nope. This is "you were never a mutant" crap is a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    No, the implication is that Franklin created a fake X-Gen that for some reason has disappeared once he has lost his powers.

In other words, something created by his powers disappears because he no longer has his powers. It's illogical.
    Dan Slott used Circular Reasoning.

The Audience is now confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    He does mindfulness.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Eh. They still accept Mr Sinister, who's not even a real mutant in their Quiet Council.
    Didn't Gwenpool give herself the X-Gene and she is accepted on Krakoa with no problem?

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I do feel it matters. It doesn't bother me but ever since i can remember the FF and X-men have been intertwined and sort of an extended family. If there is one outside group i feel have honorary membership it's them. It may have been a product of the rights but every since i started reading comics there was a connection. Jean in Jamacia Bay, Franklyn/Rachel, Franklyn Kitty/ Marvel Girl(val) and the x-men/ Storm on FF, Iceman one day on FF. These two teams have always been the best chance of coexistance if there was ever going to be it in the mu. So it's still objectively a little, i guess disappointing to see that connection severed because for me, during my reading history of marvel it has always been there.
    I mean not necessarily Storm is still on good terms with the team, Bobby and Johnny will always be friends albeit petty rivalry type friends but still friends. Their still cool with Logan as we found out in Empyre, the only relationship likely severed is Charles & Reed which was already shifty as hell I mean they were in the Illuminati. And again Franklin never cared about being a mutant till it was a trend ge doesn't really lose anything from this we all know his powers we'll be back at some point he's just booted from the shop & has to go to Great Clips now.

BANNED

Just someone with powers, his sister is 10 and a genius already. Slott gonna probably explain that

another master strike for the greatest editor that ever lived !

Immagine.jpg

is anyone surprised?

also can't wait to savor kid thanos and the new phoenix force contest over at avengers (another title graced by his excellent editing skills)
    Last edited by Daedra; 11-18-2020 at 07:26 AM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

A baby doesed in Cosmic Radiation from Sue's Kitty Kat and Reed's cosmic Baby Maker.

Hello bbz

1. Don't insult a writer personally just because you don't like what they've wrote.

2. If you are making a thread about something which happens in just released books please put some sort of spoiler warning on it.

Thank u
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I mean not necessarily Storm is still on good terms with the team, Bobby and Johnny will always be friends albeit petty rivalry type friends but still friends. Their still cool with Logan as we found out in Empyre, the only relationship likely severed is Charles & Reed which was already shifty as hell I mean they were in the Illuminati. And again Franklin never cared about being a mutant till it was a trend ge doesn't really lose anything from this we all know his powers we'll be back at some point he's just booted from the shop & has to go to Great Clips now.
    Franklin wanted to go to Krakoa to see if they could get his powers back

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Didn't Gwenpool give herself the X-Gene and she is accepted on Krakoa with no problem?
    But mutants don't know that.

There is no way for them to know if there has been a cosmic retcon or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    Hello bbz

1. Don't insult a writer personally just because you don't like what they've wrote.

2. If you are making a thread about something which happens in just released books please put some sort of spoiler warning on it.

Thank u
    Sorry I got excited about the mess of it all when making the thread and forgot my bad!

Mighty Member

This just makes the X-Men/FF mini even more pointless, aimless, and nonsensical. It was already bad, but now, this story alone devalues it like diluted silver.

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    Franklin wanted to go to Krakoa to see if they could get his powers back
    That just furthers my point that he never cared about being a mutant just the potential benefits. At the end of the day that's all he ever cared about his powers, & his family.