Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I’m unable to imagine the “Old Xavier”, the mild-mannered, benevolent man saying such a thing to Franklin, at least this way. When you think about a character that has a long history, you consider a period of time, authors that represent him. Taking everything in account doesn’t make sense.
    Old Xavier would have pretended to be dead and literally ghost Franklin like he did with the O5.

Mighty Member

I have no problem with Slott's Franklin retcon or the fact that he is not an X-writer and did it to suit his own story. After all the X-writers did the same thing regarding Wakanda's history to suit the story they wanted to tell. This is just a consequence of operating in a shared universe, you can't accept/praise one retcon because it benefits your faves and portrays them as badasses, then complain about another retcon because it portrays your faves in a negative light. Krakoa/mutants can't always have it their way and Hickman's storyline cannot override the storylines of other writers/franchises.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    And now was their chance to do something with it. Especially since, despite being a mutant, Franklin was also always protected from the typical discrimination thanks to being part of America's favorite super family. Going down the road of acknowledgement for that part of him might have been a good thing. It could have opened up so many doors for him as a character outside of the F4 books if they wanted. But no. Let's just not only retcon him out and make him sound like someone who's only a mutant because "being a mutant is cool now", but let's also have the same person who was ready to fight his fucking parents for him not too long ago now tell him "Too bad, so sad. Don't come back."
    I honestly think with a good writer, Franklin's relative privilege -- and the concept of "passing" -- could have been explored in relation to his mutant identity. For as much as writers talk about metaphor, the concept of passing is something that comes up often in various communities. Think white-passing POC or folks at various points in the transition. What sort of doors does this happen and how can it shield from discrimination? How does it affect your relationship with your community as well as your understanding of struggles? Or circling back to Franklin, how does being a part of America's Favorite Super Family affect how people see him as a mutant going forward?

All moot points with the retcon, but could have been interesting character work.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    If that's true, I don't even know what what Slott has done would represent.
    My guess is nothing.

He probably just doesn't want any of his characters caught up in what HiX-Man is doing in X-Men. And rightly so.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

If they wanted to get rid of his Mutant status sure, the reaction from both the F4 side, and the X side of the fan base really saw the others being in the wrong, and their's in the right so I feel removing the connections is a good thing. But not like this, if it was me I would have had Franklin use the last of his powers to rewrite himself this means having his X gene gone, but he changes it into an Inhuman one. The F4 and the Inhumans are much closer then the Mutants so they are on better terms, and from it the Inhumans were much less controling in who comes and who goes for New Attilian at least.
    This would also maybe allow Franklin to gain a new set of Powers cause his are/were pretty OP, beforehand he had a child inexperience but now a change would be good, anyways I would have made it so he could manipulate vectors.

Spectacular Member

idk why ppl are making a deal out of a non-x-book and slott in general

if hickman wants franklin to be a mutant, then it's going to happen. slott should've been jetisoned with bendis a while. this won't stick, it's a big nothing

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yellow cyclone View Post
    idk why ppl are making a deal out of a non-x-book and slott in general

if hickman wants franklin to be a mutant, then it's going to happen. slott should've been jetisoned with bendis a while. this won't stick, it's a big nothing
    I doubt this, Slott has full control of FF

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Old Xavier would have pretended to be dead and literally ghost Franklin like he did with the O5.
    Old Xavier gave Cyclops a scolding for not being a good leader after Dark Phoenix Saga.

The Xavier that people remember is the one from movies and cartoons.

Incredible Member

Franklin is the Once and Future Mutant. He may not be one now, but he will be again.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

slott owns the f4 characters. if its not acknowledged there it doesn't count.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    Franklin is the Once and Future Mutant. He may not be one now, but he will be again.

Yeah, because he altered his dna and turn himself into a mutant

Now some people are pissed because Xavier find out that Franklin ins't an OG mutant before Reed even with all his tech

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Okay so I know everyone is gonna get a kick outta this **** today's Fantastic 4 pulled one hell of a retcon and it somewhat changes the Omega Mutant dynamic, as it turns out Franklin Richards was never a mutant, came directly from the mouth of Xavier himself. Promptly Xavier rejected him from Krakoa proving they only ever cared about him for his powers making the F4 semi justified throughout the entirety of F4VX kind of making Krakoa look like **** in the process. Also Franklin will likely immediately be kicked off the omega level mutant list & the History of the Marvel Universe issues that labeled him as the "Most Powerful Mutant Ever" is no longer valid.

Any thoughts I personally thought again it makes Krakoa look like frauds and makes all those issues with X Vs F4 a complete waste of time. Also after months of calling Franklin a false God I was proven right he's a fraud love this for me!!

Edit My image didn't upload properly but I'll leave it all the same.

WasnÂ’t it teased on sinister secrets? Or was it an avenger in a avengers issue that dropped the bomb that a x-men was made to look like a mutant but wasnÂ’t.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    I have no problem with Slott's Franklin retcon or the fact that he is not an X-writer and did it to suit his own story. After all the X-writers did the same thing regarding Wakanda's history to suit the story they wanted to tell. This is just a consequence of operating in a shared universe, you can't accept/praise one retcon because it benefits your faves and portrays them as badasses, then complain about another retcon because it portrays your faves in a negative light. Krakoa/mutants can't always have it their way and Hickman's storyline cannot override the storylines of other writers/franchises.
    Thats one way of looking at it. Though i would say adding an inanimate object the majority of people don't know about is different than fundamentally changing the core of ones biology when you just did a story exploring and manipulating said genetics to specifically hide the x-gene. But ultimately the only one the story will reflect on in the end is the writer. Though i will say overall the wakanda thing seems to be far more well received than what happened with Franklyn.

Thats not even touching on how much i would have to question Val and Reed as supposed genuises given they got outsmarted by cerebro.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by crimsontt View Post
    WasnÂ’t it teased on sinister secrets? Or was it an avenger in a avengers issue that dropped the bomb that a x-men was made to look like a mutant but wasnÂ’t.
    That is hilarious if it turns out Franklyn is the mutant that everyone thought was one but isn't. It would solve the riddle and show it was planned. Still not the best way to go though but Hickman can definitely go that way since it's right there. PErhaps sinister told Xavier.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    I doubt this, Slott has full control of FF
    yeah and he was in control of spidey and iron man at one point and that was swept aside as well